Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 15:41   #856
BHPian

It really sounds sad that they still have such issues. Today TATA has access to world class technologies from Jaguars, Land Rovers, Fiat and still they make cars which have such small issues and lack of proper QA tests. It really spoils the show. With so much expertise from all these co's under their belt they should be able to blow away suzuki, hyndai etc...
Old 21st February 2010, 10:20   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I agree. I was seriously considering buying a Magna for my wife, but after reading these reports, decided for an I-10 as I don't wan't her to be running around to the service station with me being away. It's really sad that Tata cars are still plagued with the same issues which we had years ago.
There is no comparision between an I-10, a hatch and Manza, a sedan. In case you did'nt like the manza, whatever be the reason, why didn't you opt for a Dzire/ANHC/Linea. Maybe you just wanted to save a Lac or so and were looking for an excuse all along

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
Sad to hear about small problems being faced by manza owners. but being an owner of indica v2 dls model 2004-07 the car i tortured through inner himalyas for close to 90,000 kms over 3yrs and indigo tdi 2005-10 which was driven by my dad we personally didnot find any problem with cars at all..the only thing we longed for was a good engine as it was really tiring driving indica without turbo which i eventually sold in 2007 and non refined tdi engine of indigo which we sold two days back and bought new indigo manza aura with abs ( call it mini innova).i hope and pray this new car will serve us like previous two..
I had also been driving an Indica since the year 2000 and it served me well for 10 yars before being sold for 70K last month. There is just no other car to tackle the indian terrain better than a TATA. The flimsy Jap/Korean cars would've fallen apart had I taken them to places where I've been in my Indica (Lahaul-Spiti, Kaza, Rohtang, Goa etc etc etc.

These small niggling issues are present in all cars and are being blown out of proportion here. Start a thread on any car under the sun and it'll turn up some poor sod whose car has some problem or the other. Think of it this way... Has tata ever recalled its cars for a major defect... No! and today Corollas are being recalled, Civics are being recalled. So what's the conclusion.... you be the judge!
Old 21st February 2010, 10:30   #858
BHPian

[quote=windiesel;1743849]There is no comparision between an I-10, a hatch and Manza, a sedan. In case you did'nt like the manza, whatever be the reason, why didn't you opt for a Dzire/ANHC/Linea. Maybe you just wanted to save a Lac or so and were looking for an excuse all along

Hey Windiesel, Chill man!!! I don't think we should get personal. If you read my last post I did have a Indica DLS which I used for over 70,000 Kms. There were no complaints...
Old 21st February 2010, 10:52   #859
BHPian

[quote=Palio_2005;1743865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post

Hey Windiesel, Chill man!!! I don't think we should get personal. If you read my last post I did have a Indica DLS which I used for over 70,000 Kms. There were no complaints...
Hey, Palio, no offence meant, man!! I'm cool..
Old 21st February 2010, 23:22   #860
BHPian

I had voiced my concerns regarding tata cars earlier in this thread and was labelled a 'tata-basher'. Well, iam not.

Just like so many others, i am proud of Tata and would love to see them giving tough competition to the Japs and Europeans and taking away their customers.

But the truth is, Tata is a almost a decade behind their nearest competitors as far as presenting a truly well-finished product to the customer. By well-finished, i mean a product the customer can enjoy for some reasonable amount of time without constantly lugging his car to the nearest workshop or keeping the mechanic's mobile number handy.

By using the Fiat engines and gearboxes, they have aquitted themselves on the core mechanicals. But what about the fit and finish? What about the abyssmal quality of interiors?

I feel the problem lies in the way the company is run. It pales before the more professionally run and managed competitors. Tata is a typical sarkari outfit. Too huge, too slow and filled with mediocre managers.

Yes, mediocre managers. Thats where the problem always lies isn't it in an engineering outfit? If you feel tata quality sucks, it probably because of a lazy QC manager who is just marking time before attaining pension-able age; going about his job in a passion-less way.

I repeat - the only good thing you will find in any modern Tata car are the Fiat engines and gearboxes. Nothing else. Period.

Is there anyway Team-BHP can carry forward the customer's frustrations to Mr.Ratan Tata himself? No iam serious. Mr.Tata is a good man; but too far removed from reality?

Last edited by WindRide : 21st February 2010 at 23:25.
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:10   #861
BHPian

I spotted a Breeze Blue Manza yesterday and it looks way too lilac for my liking. Calling the dealer tomorrow and switching to Grey Noir. Here are some sample pics for everyone's reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-breeze-blue.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-breeze-blue-2.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-breeze-blue-3.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 02:12   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I had voiced my concerns regarding tata cars earlier in this thread and was labelled a 'tata-basher'. Well, iam not.
I repeat - the only good thing you will find in any modern Tata car are the Fiat engines and gearboxes. Nothing else. Period.
Mr.Tata is a good man; but too far removed from reality?
Anyone else see a problem here?
Old 22nd February 2010, 02:58   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I'm not sure what you mean.

And windride, if you think tata's manufacturing is bad, You haven't seen their service centers.

Tata ensures that if they don't screw up a car in the mfg plant, they'll get it done at one of their authorized service centers.

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd February 2010 at 03:08.
Old 22nd February 2010, 08:02   #864
BHPian

Hey Greenhorn, you own an Indica yourself and though I'm not sure if you've test driven the manza yet, but even a blind man can see that TATA has vastly improved their quality issues this time round. People are even comparing the Manza to Linea and ANHC which are cars in a different league altogether. Compare it to the Dzire/ikon/logan and the manza aquits itself beautifully.
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:42   #865
BHPian

Did all Manza owners receive an SMS to take a survey designed to provide feedback on their ownership? I provided my feedback on their website and received an email to elaborate my points further. They have even asked for my phone number to discuss my feedback. I think we should all appreciate the efforts they are making to make their products and services better.

In the past 16 years I have driven Marutis, Hondas and Ford in India and abroad and this is the first time I have come across any car maker making a strong effort for customer feedback. I even shared the link to this thread with Tata and encouraged them to follow it closely (if they are not already) or even sign up as a member and interact directly with Manza owners and potential buyers.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:50   #866
BHPian

@windiesel - Point taken that the Manza is Tata's best product. Having owned an Indica in '03, I can attest to this fact.
But I also wouldn't feel too secure about using it when its lights give away on a highway when cruising at 80 Kmph. Would you?

All the issues that I have pointed out could well have been corrected before its release instead of making guinea pigs out of buyers. I agree that the Manza has more things going right for it than wrong but that's a trend we have seen from before. Why can't they get these right than giving headache to the owners?
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:31   #867
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Amartya - Yep you do carry the correct label - TaTa Basher.

Tata quality has evolved over time, and they today have a lot going for them, this is seen in the number that are moving for them as well today.

We should appreciate the one Indian car maker to attempt for global quality and fame - They will get there.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:52   #868
BHPian

No one is bashing Tata. The only thing that we are saying is that they should pay more attention to the quality control issues. There have been too many repeated QC issues especially related to electricals which have remained over the years. When one buys a Tata one is not 100% sure that he would not face any issues.

I think that over the years Tata's have gained popularity and acceptance and they should focus their energies on providing cars which are reliable and not just play the VFM plank.

This means tightening up their QA/QC processes and vendor approval/evaluation process.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:57   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Is there anyway Team-BHP can carry forward the customer's frustrations to Mr.Ratan Tata himself? No iam serious. Mr.Tata is a good man; but too far removed from reality?
With due respect, you did not expect Mr. Tata to tighten the screws in the production line, did you? At the end of the day, Tata Motors is not a one man company! Perhaps you should try and reach the QC department rather than aiming for Mr. Tata!
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:17   #870
BHPian

Quote:
I did not quite get the gist of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
.. you did not expect Mr. Tata to tighten the screws in the production line, did you?
You took it literally. What i meant was for Mr.Tata to be informed on what the 'real' customers think of tata cars (not the feedback he gets from his chamchas, auto mag reviewers and the zillion COTY award organizers).

Then i would love him to tighten the screws on the production head, whoever that moron is. Now that should hopefully do the trick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks