Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 01:46   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
Wow! Thats cool .

For this reason alone there will be huge number of Manzas sold.

I agree. I'm starting to see more and more Manzas on the roads every day. In fact, there were three other Manzas at the RTA office when I went to get my car registered on Saturday.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:53   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Any updates,after the second visit?
I checked whether there is any sound when i go over small speed-breakers in my cousins Swift, at 30< there is no problem but above that there is a thud from the back! Maybe 30 or below is the speed for speed breakers
Went for second visit to Concorde, But no result. Sevice advisor kept on persuading me telling that its normal sound and no problem. i was also in a hurry so came back from there.

Yesterday morning went to New Tata Service center in WF "KHT Motors".
Wow it was a good experience the way they treat people was really impressive, the moment i stopped the car one security and one receptionist came running, greeted me and checked what was the issue with the car.
Then i was guided to the waiting lounge, One service advisor came to check on the issue and test drive was taken of the car.
They agreed the sound was not normal and will check so gave the car and (asked for underbody antirust treatment also which was pending)came back to office.
Got a call from Service advisor at 3pm the car was ready.
When i went to collect the car again test drive was offered but again i was in hurry so could not take test drive with them.
I was told they have done some changes in shock absorbers and they asked me to check in normal driving condition. If the same issue persists it will be taken care in second Free servicing.
Checked today the ride quality is much better (after first service at Concorde suspensions were fastened and ride quality got worse in bad roads) and sound from suspension is reduced (Not vanished completely).
Will check till second servicing and then let me see.

Anyway was really happy to see the attitude of People in service center.
Much better than Concorde (personal opinion)
Old 10th February 2010, 12:00   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Went for second visit to Concorde, But no result. Sevice advisor kept on persuading me telling that its normal sound and no problem. i was also in a hurry so came back from there.

Wow it was a good experience the way they treat people was really impressive, the moment i stopped the car one security and one receptionist came running, greeted me and checked what was the issue with the car.
Then i was guided to the waiting lounge, One service advisor came to check on the issue and test drive was taken of the car.
They agreed the sound was not normal and will check so gave the car and (asked for underbody antirust treatment also which was pending)came back to office.
When i went to collect the car again test drive was offered but again i was in hurry so could not take test drive with them.
I was told they have done some changes in shock absorbers and they asked me to check in normal driving condition. If the same issue persists it will be taken care in second Free servicing.
Checked today the ride quality is much better (after first service at Concorde suspensions were fastened and ride quality got worse in bad roads) and sound from suspension is reduced (Not vanished completely).

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that the magnitude of the issue has reduced.

In my Indica I have seen that sometimes when I land from the speed-breaker or even from an elevated place I hear a sound of something touching the body. When I asked a local mechanic, he informed me that it is the normal case in most Indicas. The reason being that there is a bar (or rod) running between the front wheels. The gap between this bar and the body is very small. Also whenever this bar hits a big speed-breaker this bends a little which further reduces the gap to the body of the car. So, next time when I land from a speed-breaker even at low speeds (about 25-30kmph) this bar touches the body. So the remedy is whenever I hear the sound, I take it to him and he kind of pulls the bar down and this solves the issue till the next time.

Not sure if this is the same in Manza. I expect the Tatas to have rectified this in their new design.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:59   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd5kvn View Post
I'm also happy to report that my Aura+ QJD is giving me FE of 17.8 km/l with AC on in city driving conditions. The DIS seems to be pretty accurate.
Excellent mileage!
Are most of the manza owners getting the same kind of average?
My apologies for asking this as am not following this thread regularly and plan to buy manza soon and FE is a major factor for me.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:13   #830

Yes thats usually the FE on the Manza. On the highway I have seen it touch 25 without the AC driving at anout 80-90 but in the city it drops with the AC but overall when I calculate it the FE comes upto about 17.5-18.5 ..
Old 10th February 2010, 23:19   #831
BHPian

Does Manza Aura Safire (Petrol) has keyless entry ?
Old 11th February 2010, 05:01   #832
BHPian

Rishab, no. Only Aura (ABS) and Aura+ have keyless entry.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:11   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post

Thanks for the update! Good to know that the problem is at least reducing or on its way to reducing.
KGT motors WHitefield is pretty new,nice to see that they are starting out on the right path. Keep updating as and when you find the time.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:00   #834
BHPian

mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudio View Post
Yes thats usually the FE on the Manza. On the highway I have seen it touch 25 without the AC driving at anout 80-90 but in the city it drops with the AC but overall when I calculate it the FE comes upto about 17.5-18.5 ..
I've used the aura+ for about 1200 kms & my average is 14kmpl in 60% city 40% highway, with 70% time ac on.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:49   #835
BHPian

Is Manza (petrol) BS IV compliant ?
Old 16th February 2010, 20:17   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
No idea about petrol but Diesel should be BS-III only. Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:40   #837
BHPian

It is.

Quote:
AFAIK the petrol engine is already tuned for BS IV norms but since the norms come in place only post April 10, only the later models will be branded as BS IV.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:46   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
AFAIK the petrol engine is already tuned for BS IV norms but since the norms come in place only post April 10, only the later models will be branded as BS IV.
That means it's not BS IV compliant as of now, I guess.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:12   #839
BHPian

Quote:
That means it's not BS IV compliant as of now, I guess.
Yes even though Safire engines are techically compliant with the BS-IV norms, it is not recognised on the documents and the same will happen from 1st apr 2010 onwards.

Any idea about the Quadrajet engines. I am aware that the BS-IV compliance is only for the Petrol and not diesel engines, but even then any clarifications about that?
Old 18th February 2010, 01:19   #840
BHPian

My Quadrajet is listed as "BS-III Engine".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks