Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 16:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

Saw this vehicle on the road yesterday. For the first time I felt TATA have made a decent looking vehicle which could be a potential Innova beater. But the pricing has shocked me. 15L to 18L is certainly not TATA territory.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:44   #167
BHPian

Watch Out! From Next month Innova and Fortuner sales will be better than ever. TATA made a Very serious error on Pricing. Most dis-appointing!
Old 13th October 2010, 16:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

Brash. Bold. Laden with attitude.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-dsc00007.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2010, 17:27   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Brash. Bold. Laden with attitude.
...and a huge carryover in design cues from its smaller sibling!
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-111.jpg
Old 13th October 2010, 17:56   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
Also, I wonder which 3 row UV has the most space behind the 3rd row.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Xylo, undoubtedly.
Hmmm, I don't think you read the question properly. He was asking which vehicle has the most space behind the 3rd row. Xylo has almost NONE

Quote:
more importantly, both me & my cousin were comfortable in the last row for the 6 hour journey.
I'm happy for you - I've only sat in the last row of an Innova (top end) once, for a span of two & a half hours from West Delhi to South Delhi & have sworn never to make that mistake again And I'm only 6'1" (an inch shorter than you).

Quote:
so definitely, the innova & xylo is a better family vehicle, IF your family is big like ours!
As people movers & for large families, maybe. That is exactly why I said "Average family". Remember, there are a lot of families out there with the purchasing power who want a "lifestyle" vehicle which doesn't have a "Taxi" image, has all the bells & whistles, is not as difficult to lug around the city as the trucks, can be taken off the beaten path without fear of getting stuck & which doesn't cost a "Fortune"r!! They are the ones who may opt for this vehicle - lets wait & see.

Also, the other thing is - TML are not interested in pitching this as an alternative to the Innova or the Xylo. They're creating a new segment - whether successful or not is a different matter. If they were pitching it against either, trust me, the pricing would have been very different. As would have been the equipment

Quote:
and i am very sure the third row space would be a turn off for many potential buyers.
Maybe.Then again maybe not. For example, all the persons who are cribbing about the lack of third row space are not running to the Toyota or Mahindra showrooms to book the top end Innova or Xylo, are they? Some of them are potential buyers but quite a few of them are not - they're just cribbing because its a TATA. Period.

Last edited by suman : 13th October 2010 at 18:02.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:33   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Watch Out! From Next month Innova and Fortuner sales will be better than ever. TATA made a Very serious error on Pricing. Most dis-appointing!
Ok.. so Tata has screwed up on the price, but how does that indicate that Innova & Fortuner would have better sales next month. If anything, their sales would not dip, considering none of their potential customers get dragged onto Aria or any other rival manufacturers. Guess I am missing something here.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:50   #172
BHPian

I am 6'1" and I could not use the Innova 3rd row for a long distance trip. On top of that I had to carry my luggage in my lap. To add to the misery the third row cooling in Innova is so-so!

It seems like in the Aria at least I do not have to carry my bag in my lap. Now that alone is a huge relief.

Overall it is quite obvious that Tata has tried 100%. Whether somebody does not like the third row or not this should be appreciated. I hope that this vehicle succeeds in market.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...and a huge carryover in design cues from its smaller sibling!
Attachment 438392
Not to offend, but, you may be interested to put out few carry-overs b/w Civic & Accord, Camry, Altis & Innova, All BMW/Audi/VW variants and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Also, the other thing is - TML are not interested in pitching this as an alternative to the Innova or the Xylo. They're creating a new segment - whether successful or not is a different matter. If they were pitching it against either, trust me, the pricing would have been very different. As would have been the equipment

they're just cribbing because its a TATA. Period.
Many have mentioned this - Aria is NOT to compete with Innova or Xylo. Its the feature set beyond Fortuner [except the engine spec], CRV, Endy, Outlander and according to me, very much priced low and its a good, comprehensive VFM product.

Awesome Suman. I like your last statement and 100% agree with you about people's cribbing on Aria pricing.
Infact, I read in another thread that if this is Tata with these set of features should be priced less, but its OK to have more pricing for less features if its Japanese brand ! People need to question their assumptions instead of asking TML sales team to listen to advices on pricing model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post
Ok.. so Tata has screwed up on the price, but how does that indicate that Innova & Fortuner would have better sales next month. If anything, their sales would not dip, considering none of their potential customers get dragged onto Aria or any other rival manufacturers. Guess I am missing something here.
Basically, potential Innova customers waiting for Aria launch [primarily expecting low/rock bottom pricing since its TATA], then, convinced Aria is not for them and move towards Innova.
From the above set of buyers, I dont think, anyone would go in for Fortuner. Lets all agree - Most of the Fortuner (& Safari to some extent) buyers go in for its look. So, they wouldnt be waiting for Aria launch at all.
Even if there is an increase in Innova sales, it might be a small spike for 1 month. Nothing more for a more stable increase in sales.

GTO, I really liked your Fortuner review and would have booked one if it was not closed then. But, with all due respect, I feel, your review on Aria is biased and it shows up in every corner of your comments. May be, its bcoz, you have strong, closed mind towards TATA billing something for 15+ Lakhs.

I still respect your opinion, but have a 180 deg phase out

Prem.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:03   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hmmm, I don't think you read the question properly. He was asking which vehicle has the most space behind the 3rd row. Xylo has almost NONE
sorry, my mistake. then it has to be the aria.

Quote:
I'm happy for you - I've only sat in the last row of an Innova (top end) once, for a span of two & a half hours from West Delhi to South Delhi & have sworn never to make that mistake again And I'm only 6'1" (an inch shorter than you).
well, maybe i was comfortable as i dint expect captain chain comforts in the third row.

Quote:
Maybe.Then again maybe not. For example, all the persons who are cribbing about the lack of third row space are not running to the Toyota or Mahindra showrooms to book the top end Innova or Xylo, are they? Some of them are potential buyers but quite a few of them are not - they're just cribbing because its a TATA. Period.
Cribbing because its a tata, LOL!

well, in my case atleast, i love this vehicle. the only thing that put me off was the lack of space in the third row. thats a HUGE disappointment in such a huge 7 seater vehicle.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:08   #175
BHPian

Quote:
well, in my case atleast, i love this vehicle. the only thing that put me off was the lack of space in the third row. thats a HUGE disappointment in such a huge 7 seater vehicle.
Thats why, I am planning to take my 5 yr old daughter for a test drive.
Trust me, these small kids [may be, all through teens depending on growth] very much like and thrilled to sit in Safari's side seat [rear] and I had to convince my daughter that she can NOT sit there bcoz there is no seat belt and I was immediately asked back "Why dont you install one while you have put in additional box speakers at the back". I didnt have any answer to it since doing so might void warranty

Prem.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:10   #176
Senior - BHPian

I think they should sell it as a 5 seater too Would love to see comments if that choice was available.

They should have given a more powerful engine since the engine can do 160bhp with a remap/box.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:11   #177
BHPian

Has anyone else test driven the ARIA yet? And if you book it what is the waiting period?

I hope TML comes up with some schemes for those who want to upgrade either from current TML products or 7 seater vehicles like Innova, Scorpio, etc.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:23   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I think they should sell it as a 5 seater too Would love to see comments if that choice was available.

They should have given a more powerful engine since the engine can do 160bhp with a remap/box.
5 seater option might have been an option provided the vehicle length is reduced Already, with the 3rd row seat ON, the trunk space is like Marina's or more than Marina's space. Just imagine, how much would we have if they just remove the 3rd row.
But, I guess, the captain seats in middle row might create some good space for 3rd row seats. I remember, GTO has already provided as a suggestion to TML.

Talking of powerful engine - Yes, I too agree. But, may be, that is in pipeline for "ALL NEW SAFARI" along with even high powered 3.0L DICOR !

Prem.
Old 13th October 2010, 19:25   #179
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Aira in the metal in Concorde Motors, Bangalore. It just drove in today.

Sales men dont have the facts on the vehicle. They are yet to be trained and were shooting in the dark
3rd row is pathetic
The vehicle does look brilliant
Just wanted to needle them so asked if its AWD - they said it was switchable to 4x2 and then started searching for the lever / knob.

Bangalore Prices (No Typos) From their rate sheet
Model Ex ----- Showroom ---On Road
Aira Pleasure --12,96,310 -----15,97,670
Aria Prestige --14,56,824 ------17,93,411
Aria Pride ------15,57,710 ------19,16,435

Has anyone bought/booked the Aria on the Forum. I would like to hear the rational behind it other than "Be indian buy Indian"!
Old 13th October 2010, 19:32   #180
BHPian

Well.. I think the rear glass could be bit more large like these.. and the number plate space seems to be a bit of misfit here. A few modifications which I think can add some character are below..

The number plate space goes to the bumper, a in-ridge, featuring ARIA logo above..
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-ariaback.jpg

Plain and simple, with the ARIA logo just above the number plate area
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-ariaback2.jpg

Plain and simple, with the ARIA logo in the bottom center..
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-ariaback3.jpg

A bit of masculine curves, with a pich of straight line touch..
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-ariaback4.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks