Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 09:23   #316
Senior - BHPian

Damodar: Good observation about the pricing. So, for the same feature listing the pricing is more than a hatch back's cost.

Raj:

Not sure if there any vehicles come with 3rd row as sliding. But, if was a possibility, it should be looked at. Since there is the space, why not utilize it. Just my thought.

And for the stability, LobsterB has given his views which are encouraging. (Also for the 3rd row.)

Looks like, if driven within limits, the vehicle has a comfortable handling.

Thanks LobsterB!

ACM Good obervation on the 'only equiped showrooms' for the ARIA. What I noticed over the last couple of months is that Concord Mysore Road (down here at Bangalore) is going under a complete revamp. They are increasing their workshop and display space by having another floor. The SA did mention that it was for increasing capacity, but now it seems like it is for making room for handling the ARIA. Good move, I should say.
Old 18th October 2010, 10:51   #317
BHPian

well the equipped showroom observation is really good ACM.. I had in fact mentioned that there was a separate marketing team for Aria at Pune showroom. They wore a different uniform altogether the day on which we booked our car. One of them was really well informed. Other people from his team were not.. All of them didn't know how to open the car's bonnet. I found the switch for them :P

And this team that I am talking about was present only in the Pune showroom where we booked the car and not the Pimpri showroom, where I got the test ride. They belong to the same company Pandit auto.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:04   #318
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Good thought but I'd be very wary unless I knew & trusted the workshop. Last thing I'd want is for an expensive vehicle like this to be burning rubber (and God knows what else ) between the workshop & my house at my expense.
Few premium car owners ever visit the workshop, Suman. I've rarely seen an Accord owner drop his car off personally for a service (either chauffeur or showroom pickup facility), and NEVER a Merc owner. Also, my suggestion was, the service advisor personally interacts with the owner and picks the car himself (quality of interaction will be undoubtedly superior vis a vis a driver). Hopefully, he will be trained enough to drive the car in a sedate manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
As of today, the prices in Thailand are as follows

Toyota Innova 2.0 V Aero Auto - 1,064,000 Baht
Toyota Fortuner 2.7 V 4x2 Auto - 1,179,000 Baht
Toyota Fortuner 2.5TD G VNT 4x2 - 1,024,000 Baht

The base Fortuner is cheaper than the top Innova!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Prices roughly 2-3 yrs (pre-facelift versions) - all 3 are top spec variants
innova I4 petrol A/T QR. 99999/-
fortuner I4 petrol A/T(4-speed) QR. 90999/-
fortuner v6 petrol A/T QR. 109000/-
QR conversion rate varies between 11-13 INR
Shocking! Thanks for the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Tubro lag is manageable (even in bumper to bumper traffic). Since I have driven only petrol cars (for my 1L+ Kms) was worried about this bit after a recent Figo TCDi TD
Agreed, I found the Aria very easy to drive around in crowded areas. But even the Figo TDCi has minimal turbolag. Or maybe I missed the context of this post?

Quote:
While running over bumps at 30-40 kmph a momentary feel of dissociated steering was felt (ESP/TC taking control?)
This is exactly what I mentioned in my review, where the complete steering & gear lever assembly move about on their mounts. Very un-premium, I must say. This has nothing to do with ESP / TC.

Quote:
Btw, booked a Prestige variant. Plan to choose Night Shade Black or Sardinia Red based on what vehicle is already available in their yard. Actually I had booked a Pride Sardinia Red, last Saturday (2 days before launch)itself. So hope I get vehicle in hand next week
Congrats! Look forward to your full-blown ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I saw a black or a really dark shade of blue coloured Aria 2 days back at Breach candy, it was a registered car with the owner being chauffer driven, Have the deliveries started so soon?

I really am surprised as it was just 2 days post launch and I thought the lead time was a week.
Absolutely. Dealers had stocked up on a handful of Arias and registration is merely a 1/2 day procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Don't see what is it that is not there currently that is mentioned here? All that you have mentioned are already available at Concord, be it in Bangalore or my home town based on my personal experience(not cousins or friends or neighbours).
I'm talking of across the board implementation. Even my Honda dealer offers pickup / drop off. But only if you ask for it, and sometimes at an extra charge. It will be better for Tata if Aria customers don't see the chaos at most of their service stations.

Quote:
In a place where people place lack of dead-pedal as a major buying criteria, ignoring the ABS, airbags and other safety features, what else can be expected.
I don't think anyone mentioned the lack of a dead pedal as a major buying criteria, can you point out a post? That said, it is most certainly a disadvantage, alongwith the narrow foot well and the way that the pedals are positioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Providing this sort of service to only Aria customers would appear being rude to others(Indica, Safari, Manza, Nano, etc).
Quote:
Be it an Indica owner or a Nano or an Aria owner, company has to treat them on par or else they could loose the lucrative small car market in lieu of far less numbered luxury market.
When you fly economy class, you don't expect first class like service, do you? When you stay in a budget hotel room, do you expect a suite-like experience?

Welcome to the real world. Aria customers will fully expect to be treated different than Nano buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And for the stability, LobsterB has given his views which are encouraging. (Also for the 3rd row.)
The Aria is sufficiently stable at high speeds. It feels nowhere as scary as the Safari & Scorpio do.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:43   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed, I found the Aria very easy to drive around in crowded areas. But even the Figo TDCi has minimal turbolag. Or maybe I missed the context of this post?

Congrats! Look forward to your full-blown ownership report.
At lower speeds somehow felt the power delivery(inclusive of Turbolag) of Aria to be better than Figo's.

Thanks GTO, kaviprem, suman and others for the wishes. Hope to start my ownership thread this week itself
Old 18th October 2010, 12:57   #320
RGK
Senior - BHPian

As usual top report by GTO. I think this time TATA has taken more care about high speed stability of this new vehicle as it would be thoroughly used for longer drives.

Seeing the quality of interiors, plastics Tata is attaining age in the quality area which would benefit lot of customers. The pricing from seems to be on the higher side eventhough Aria did not miss any of the needed features.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:44   #321
BHPian

Quote:
At lower speeds somehow felt the power delivery(inclusive of Turbolag) of Aria to be better than Figo's.

Thanks GTO, kaviprem, suman and others for the wishes. Hope to start my ownership thread this week itself

well the people at Pune dealership say that the deliveries will start after 2 months.. confusing that you may get it this week itself.. Anyway will be looking forward to reading your ownership thread and contributing in it as well..
Old 18th October 2010, 14:54   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Double Congratulations!! For the apparently quick delivery as well as the booking. Am I looking forward to the ownership thread! Please mention the link here once you start it.

Please do mention any and all issues that you face as well as the positives.

Someone mentioned that they hope not to see a thread about the Aria in the Technical section. Well I think they will simply because there is massive interest to know how the vehicle performs and stands up to time. Hoping with crossed fingers that Tata's got it right this time.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:57   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
What all on the X2 platform?
Safari(SUV),Sumo(MUV),Xenon(pick up truck) and now a small crossover(mini-aria)!!!
Aria is the only offering so far on the X2 platform. The others you mention aren't based on X2.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:57   #324
BHPian

Great review GTO. I appreciate your attention to detail and the way bring it up through your different threads.

As you have pointed out, I believe pricing of the Aria could have been a couple of lakhs lesser. I feel it is overpriced.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:48   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Aria is the only offering so far on the X2 platform. The others you mention aren't based on X2.
I think, the original poster meant, future versions of Safari based on X2. I have not heard any one mentioned about Sumo. But some news paper reports suggested a small crossover and mpv/minivan type of vehicle also planned. I think, the only approved one on X2 platform is the next Safari, the rest could be mere speculations by the media
Old 18th October 2010, 22:10   #326
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When you fly economy class, you don't expect first class like service, do you? When you stay in a budget hotel room, do you expect a suite-like experience?

Welcome to the real world. Aria customers will fully expect to be treated different than Nano buyers.
Does Honda treat Jazz customers different from Accord's?
Would Toyota treat Etios consumers different from Fortuner's?
Is Ford meting out a different treatment to Figo owners vis Endeavour's?
Does Skoda differentiate between Fabia & Superb consumers?
VW has different parameters for Polo & Passat consumers?
Would Maruti treat small car buyers below par once Kizashi is launched?

The list can go on & on..... The answer remains, a company cannot afford to treat its consumers partially.
Old 18th October 2010, 22:14   #327
Senior - BHPian

Again a very good review by GTO.

Firstly, I saw Aria's review in The Hindu was compared with the Fortuner and Endevour, the author mentioned that it delivers more VFM per car than the other two. How many would actually think that Aria needs to be compared with these two vehicles? thats a good question.

Secondly, good to see Tata doing a good job with Aria in delivering good product, with products like NAno delivering VFM and products like Vista and Manza, Tata very clearly is looking to move up the value chain.

I am sure their eyes next would be on the SUV segment watch out Mahindra
Old 18th October 2010, 22:21   #328
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Does Honda treat Jazz customers different from Accord's?
Would Toyota treat Etios consumers different from Fortuner's?
Is Ford meting out a different treatment to Figo owners vis Endeavour's?
Does Skoda differentiate between Fabia & Superb consumers?
VW has different parameters for Polo & Passat consumers?
Would Maruti treat small car buyers below par once Kizashi is launched?

The list can go on & on..... The answer remains, a company cannot afford to treat its consumers partially.
Don't know about the examples sited by you, but Safari customers are treated different from a indica customer, - wasan Chembur, concorde, and Balagji Thane - and a Laura / superb customer is treated different from a fabia customer - JMD Mulund Even years back a Cielo customer was treated differently from that of a matiz. - Pilot Chembur

The other examples that you mention may actually be happening. The companies would do this in a subtle manner and of course not advertise it, so a polo / etios / figo owner would not know the difference.

I do recollect getting a much more special attention to detail by the sales guy when checking out a Fiesta vs when I went to check out the AT Endeavour. - Wasan Thane

Event the Fortuner test drive was much more elaborate dispite a long book order vs the Altis one. - Milleneium Thane

Even the Merc G and S test drive experience was superior to the one with the E.

These things do happen - and there to me does not seem to be much wrong with it.

Last edited by ACM : 18th October 2010 at 22:25.
Old 18th October 2010, 22:32   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Don't know about the examples sited by you, but Safari customers are treated different from a indica customer, - wasan Chembur, concorde, and Balagji Thane - and a Laura / superb customer is treated different from a fabia customer - JMD Mulund Even years back a Cielo customer was treated differently from that of a matiz. - Pilot Chembur

The other examples that you mention may actually be happening. The companies would do this in a subtle manner and of course not advertise it, so a polo / etios / figo owner would not know the difference.

I do recollect getting a much more special attention to detail by the sales guy when checking out a Fiesta vs when I went to check out the AT Endeavour. - Wasan Thane

Event the Fortuner test drive was much more elaborate dispite a long book order vs the Altis one. - Milleneium Thane

Even the Merc G and S test drive experience was superior to the one with the E.

These things do happen - and there to me does not seem to be much wrong with it.
I agree. The difference could be subtle in terms of how the Service Advisor/Supervisor behaves with the client. Even here in US, say when I go the BMW dealer for routine maintenance or oil change, I could see the difference in treatment for a 7 series owner Vs. me. Their loaner cars are always better, etc. However the basics are the same for everyone - as in same lounge, same coffee, etc.

Every company wants to treat their valuable customers better. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:03   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I agree. The difference could be subtle in terms of how the Service Advisor/Supervisor behaves with the client. Even here in US, say when I go the BMW dealer for routine maintenance or oil change, I could see the difference in treatment for a 7 series owner Vs. me. Their loaner cars are always better, etc. However the basics are the same for everyone - as in same lounge, same coffee, etc.

Every company wants to treat their valuable customers better. I don't see anything wrong with it.
I am also getting better service with the same dealer. I am getting good attention by the dealer when i am having Dzire. It was not the same when i was having M800. I guess its ok. I am not saying that service was bad when i was having M800 but with Dzire i get more attention for sure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks