Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2016, 17:06   #1066
BANNED

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
One may check the odo reading at the last visit to Tata ASC of any Tata vehicle here http://www.tatamotorsassured.com/ind...l&view=tmasell

You just need to enter the reg. number.
Request you to check the odo reading here before deciding. Will save you a lot of time.

Checked the link with my Aria. Was shocked to see the last service mileage quoted as 120,000 whereas the car has done only about 38K kms till date ! (Photos of odo attached above). Will have to get this resolved !
Old 25th November 2016, 14:32   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what is the size of the front & rear wiper blades for top end Aria? My colleague at work is looking to get his wiper blades changed and i suggested him to get some from Hella. We looked at the owners manual and googled but aren't sure yet of the size & brand to get.
Old 25th November 2016, 19:46   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Does anyone know what is the size of the front & rear wiper blades for top end Aria? My colleague at work is looking to get his wiper blades changed and i suggested him to get some from Hella. We looked at the owners manual and googled but aren't sure yet of the size & brand to get.

Hi Nilesh, I found this for you. It does not mention the size:

http://www.99rpm.com/tata/service/wipers.html#page=1

and then there is Amazon:

http://www.amazon.in/Universal-Premi...ades+tata+aria

If this does not help,as a last resort you could take a measuring tape and measure the blades.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 20:58   #1069
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Does anyone know what is the size of the front & rear wiper blades for top end Aria?
Hi Nnilesh. The ARIA uses 26 inch blades (both are the same size). The same blades are found in the Nano, SX4 (driver side). Check the photos I have added before. These are replacement HELLA blades that I am using. The OEM ones were from Syndicate. You will also find similar blades from BOSCH in the market. They are freely available in Delhi (Bhikaji Cama Place, Kashmere Gate, etc).

Hope this helps. Just to be sure, carry along the existing blades to compare the mounts. HELLA ones come with universal mounts that I have used. Alternately, with some effort, one can pull out the mounts from the Syndicates and fit them onto the HELLAs, but that is quite an effort !

Last edited by lifebuoy : 5th December 2016 at 21:00. Reason: Added size of rear blade
Old 5th December 2016, 21:00   #1070
BANNED

The rear is a 14 inch blade and arm in one housing, which has to be replaced. I liked the separate arm and blade design and have fitted one of the Vista in my ARIA. Photos attached earlier. This way, I can always replace the blades at will, for a lot less !
Old 30th January 2017, 09:13   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Getting a used 2013 Aria Pure at around 7.2L. It's done about 60k kms. Worth it? With the Hexa coming - is parts availability an issue anymore? What work/expense can I expect in the next 25-30000 kms?
Old 30th January 2017, 09:38   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Getting a used 2013 Aria Pure at around 7.2L. It's done about 60k kms. Worth it? With the Hexa coming - is parts availability an issue anymore? What work/expense can I expect in the next 25-30000 kms?
Donot buy it, @7.2L you would get plenty other SUV's/MUV's slightly older but with better resale value. Besides, ARIA is a discontinued model now, parts cost would be higher if not now then a a year or two from now, this is what I have experienced from owning 5 discontinued Tata car models.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 09:45   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Besides, ARIA is a discontinued model now, parts cost would be higher if not now then a a year or two from now, this is what I have experienced from owning 5 discontinued Tata car models.
Can you please name them??? Indigo/ Manza spares are still available at ASS & at the same MRP that was sold even when it was sold. If you would be referring to TATA Estate/ Sierra, i will have no clue.

Aria spares are very much available with the ASS.
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 10:08   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Donot buy it, @7.2L you would get plenty other SUV's/MUV's slightly older but with better resale value. Besides, ARIA is a discontinued model now, parts cost would be higher if not now then a a year or two from now, this is what I have experienced from owning 5 discontinued Tata car models.
Thanks! With the Hexa basically built as a major upgrade, wouldn't parts availability become easier?
Old 30th January 2017, 10:15   #1075
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! With the Hexa basically built as a major upgrade, wouldn't parts availability become easier?
With regard to parts availability, i do not think it is a problem for Refreshed ARIA released in 2014. For 2013 it may be an issue.
Because even the Hexa base variant engine and gear box are same as that of ARIA, 2014 model. Higher variants get the engine in different set of tune. Even gear box is different.

Except the outside and dash board, rest of the HEXA is exactly same as ARIA ( 2014 or 2013)
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:04   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it - for a much lower price. Read a bunch of scary posts - but this one has done 59k thus far without issues. Touch wood. If it works - decent VFM.

The owner had been advised to upgrade the single mass flywheel to a dual one (he said) by the service advisor when he reported a slightly harder clutch - is that an issue?
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:55   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it - for a much lower price. Read a bunch of scary posts - but this one has done 59k thus far without issues. Touch wood. If it works - decent VFM.

The owner had been advised to upgrade the single mass flywheel to a dual one (he said) by the service advisor when he reported a slightly harder clutch - is that an issue?
Apologies - apparently the original Pure came with the DMF and this was changed to the SMF. Doesn't feel all that rough etc - but then I'm used to a 2008 Safari Dicor
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:28   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good. IMPO if it isn't VFM, the gamble isn't worth it. Do share the price here if it doesn't make you uncomfortable.

IIRC the Aria Pure (& even Storme) was sold at 8.95L Ex-SR towards the end of 2013.

Quote:
Thats very odd, TASS was recommending early Aria owners to shift to simpler Single Mass Flywheel when the A.S.S. couldn't diagnose issues with the dual mass flywheel. IIRC Post 2013 Tata themselves stopped producing Aria with a Dual-Mass Flywheel.

I guess its the dodgy service advisors playing games.

Harder clutch will be due to clutch wear & tear. Usage of 60k kms (practically) over 3yrs isn't on the higher side, but also not low usage either, so clutch replacement after 5-10k kms is understandable.

Many would say the machine has past its prime, some would say its still easily in its mid-life, few like HVK would say its in its childhood/infancy - Depends on how much life you plan to & are able to extract. All subjective.

Anyway, let us know what happens

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd February 2017 at 20:29.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:02   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Do share the price here if it doesn't make you uncomfortable.
About 6.2, accounting for a tyre change in 5000km

Quote:
Thats very odd, TASS was recommending early Aria owners to shift to simpler Single Mass Flywheel when the A.S.S. couldn't diagnose issues with the dual mass flywheel. IIRC Post 2013 Tata themselves stopped producing Aria with a Dual-Mass Flywheel.
It was the other way around - I was mistaken.I guess they fixed it when the opportunity presented itself - proactively

Quote:
Many would say the machine has past its prime, some would say its still easily in its mid-life, few like HVK would say its in its childhood/infancy - Depends on how much life you plan to & are able to extract. All subjective.
I used the Safari at home from 87k to 1.12 now - and it's still doing heavy-luggage duty. I suspect it'll take me 4-6 years to get to the 1.2L km mark, and this is much better shape interiors wise than the Safari when we bought that. So fingers crossed, and yes, will update.

Thanks!
zenx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 22:33   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Oh well. First highway trip. And during the first pit stop, saw some smoke from the bonnet. Seemed to come from the AC compressor near the pulley. Switched ac off and drove and it was fine. Smoke was back in a big way within a couple of KMS of switching it back on. Drove it back home to play safe - drives perfectly ok without the AC (and the mid-range is seriously good!)

Any ideas what to check for? Have accounted for a couple of fixes for a used Tata. Fingers crossed - hopefully it's just a loose hose or some such.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks