Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 12:36   #1996
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

^^IMHO, They may not put ABS and other cosmetics, but they will surely not bump the price to another 1L for an already perceived overpriced vehicle! The effort is to revive and not otherwise.
Old 7th March 2012, 00:18   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
^^IMHO, They may not put ABS and other cosmetics, but they will surely not bump the price to another 1L for an already perceived overpriced vehicle! The effort is to revive and not otherwise.
That's what you and I hope, but with the niche buyers for the Thar, M&M might think they can demand the price and jeep lovers will pay it... though it would not be justified... however a strong chance if an A/C, EIM, ABS and no possibly a mHawk/mEagle engine... prices will shoot up.
Old 8th March 2012, 11:28   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
That's what you and I hope, but with the niche buyers for the Thar, M&M might think they can demand the price and jeep lovers will pay it... though it would not be justified... however a strong chance if an A/C, EIM, ABS and no possibly a mHawk/mEagle engine... prices will shoot up.
IMHO - Thar V2 needs only:
- An Air conditioner
- Engine Immobilizer
- Better Brakes. ABS should be optional - Let's see how M&M prices it?
- More Paint options - A Matt Finish Light Brown would look amazing - Straight from the That desert!
- Attention to the minor niggling problems faced by current owners.

Hope & Wish that M&M does the pricing right. Its overpriced already!
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 17:37   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Guys:

The THAR is doing extremely well - Much better than expectations - Why bring a V2?

The only reason as I see it, is IFF the government enforces BS5 and that IS NOT HAPPENING for a long time.

Also there are many consumers who are willing to pay for whatever is quoted, so why bother? Food for thought!
Old 8th March 2012, 18:14   #2000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
IMHO - Thar V2 needs only - Better Brakes. ABS should be optional - Let's see how M&M prices it?
Dear Mr.Vaidya - hello after a long time. I hope GJ-01-25 is running fine.

Reference your above quote, on 25 June 2010, at 1900 hrs. after EXAMM, on the road to INS Shivaji, I overtook around 35 Jeeps / Gypsys in one shot (loved it), a certain blue Gypsy with a UA registration driven by a very dear friend followed me and we went down the hairpin bends at absolutely flat-out / hair-raising speeds in complete control but he could not catch me or overtake me because I was braking later than he was, because I had fantastic brakes, the best ever fitted to a Thar CRDe. We stopped at a "tapri" for "chai", both of us enjoyed! The next vehicle came to the tapri after some 15 minutes. By the way, that was a certain non-descrepit looking black vehicle MH01V521 for you Sir! . Phew! I had already proved the brakes on that day, period.

I do not see any reason why brakes cannot be enhanced. All aggregates are available in production vehicles running in the field out there, each and every single part, as per design specification, down to the last nut and bolt, so rock solid reliability is already ensured.

THIS CLASS OF CUSTOMER WANTS DIFFERENTIATION AND HE SHALL PAY IF HE SEES VALUE. THE COMPANY MUST GIVE THIS VALUE TO HIM, SHOW HIM AND DEMONSTRATE IT TO HIM. That's all there is to it.

By the way - This is the 2000th post in this thread and I am delighted to write in it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 8th March 2012 at 18:17.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 13:36   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
THIS CLASS OF CUSTOMER WANTS DIFFERENTIATION AND HE SHALL PAY IF HE SEES VALUE. THE COMPANY MUST GIVE THIS VALUE TO HIM, SHOW HIM AND DEMONSTRATE IT TO HIM.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
[/quote]

Dear Mr Behram,
I recently had the privilege to attend an OTR meet at Kuttikanam and saw a lot of Thar crde's in action.All of them took everything that was thrown at them with aplomb including slush and boulders.A few of them with relatively less experienced drivers behind the wheel did get bogged down in one of the sectors which was a deep pit with slush probably because they were too cautious ,but so did the other vehicles including Gypsies.Most of the Thar CRDE's did the course without much fuss.I had an impression that the IFS would not be able to handle the repeated assault on them and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was wrong.I am however quite happy with the Thar DI 4 WD that I finally brought back home on the 8th of this month-.
Old 12th March 2012, 08:35   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
IMHO - Thar V2 needs only:
- An Air conditioner
- Engine Immobilizer
- Better Brakes. ABS should be optional - Let's see how M&M prices it?
- More Paint options - A Matt Finish Light Brown would look amazing - Straight from the That desert!
- Attention to the minor niggling problems faced by current owners.

Hope & Wish that M&M does the pricing right. Its overpriced already!

2nd week of march is here, spoke to the Mahindra dealer in Bangalore; still no word on the new Thar. "de javu" Thar release all over again

I think finds relevance again
Old 12th March 2012, 11:07   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Hello KK,

have you checked with them if the current version is available, can be booked? I'm trying to find out if one goes for the current version now (before the porbable excise duty hike), though we may miss on factory fitted AC + Immobilizer, we may benefit on something like taxes and moreover, paying taxes for AC+Immobilizer fitment hike that we can do later with dealers.
Old 12th March 2012, 18:56   #2004
BHPian

Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

So here is the moment all of us have been waiting for ! The official word from M&M is out on record - M&M confirmed a new version is on it's way, they did not talk details - but hey they made things MUCH clearer.

Following link to the post where they confirm that a new version is coming ! - https://www.facebook.com/MahindraTha...50595185433837

And here is the screenshot:

Attachment 901854

So who's excited ? And predictions ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-screenshot_11.jpg  

madnish30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 21:11   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30

Am all excited! No predictions but a long wish list!
Old 12th March 2012, 21:12   #2006

Re: New Mahindra Thar - Confirmed by M&M

I've been saving up for the existing Thar, warts an' all so i'm excited for sure, but also a bit anxious ! I'm worried that rather than improve overall quality Mahindra may only focus on adding oft-requested features (hard-top, a/c and other creature comforts) at 2+ lacs additional cost and only offer the 'bare-bones' version with the DI engine.

I do understand the need for a hard-top and a/c - especially in certain parts of the country and for people who want to use this as a primary vehicle but some of us would like a bare bones package without needing to first invest in appeasement of the local diety (i.e, a good jeep mechanic :-)
Old 13th March 2012, 04:52   #2007
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra Thar - Confirmed by M&M

Nice one madnish! The new model will probably address the poor quality interiors on the current model, and maybe a slight exterior facelift, new lights et al. Any guesses as to if the DI is being phased out and only CRDe for now? How about the MHawk?
Old 13th March 2012, 05:12   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
So here is the moment all of us have been waiting for ! The official word from M&M is out on record - M&M confirmed a new version is on it's way, they did not talk details - but hey they made things MUCH clearer.

Thanks for sharing, but thats not exciting me much.
Yes, its more or less the same thing. We have been hearing about the new version from the dealers (who kind of confirmed it by closing the booking!)and other relaible sources. Good to see even FB page confirms the same.
Dont want to make many predictions at this time, I'm still waiting for the final call by M&M so I can start doing that quick math and see if I really want to go for it. All eyes and ears open.
Old 13th March 2012, 19:10   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch
Nice one madnish! The new model will probably address the poor quality interiors on the current model, and maybe a slight exterior facelift, new lights et al. Any guesses as to if the DI is being phased out and only CRDe for now? How about the MHawk?
I think and heard from reliable sources that the new model will only have AC, hardtop option and mHawk also probably the Di variant will be gone. Of course basics like better interiors and a few nigles sorted is an obvious with a new model, however it does seem that the price will go considerably up, perhaps will cross the 8.5L ORP mark... :-(
Old 13th March 2012, 21:26   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30

Following link to the post where they confirm that a new version is coming ! - https://www.facebook.com/MahindraTha...50595185433837

And here is the screenshot:

This is good news. In fact I was planning to book a TD and the dealer told that the new thar is due in next 3 weeks with some upgrade. I hope all the lil niggles are sorted out. I think a bolero dash, a/c, openable windshield, immobilizer should do the job for Mahindra.

Pretty excited... Hope the price increase is not much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks