Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 22:38   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Sticker weights - 250

Cheers!
Is this rate fixed or did your car tires consume so much weights? If its fixed rate then it not proper because with my past experience the cost of sticker weights has never exceeded Rs100
Old 10th August 2011, 09:22   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is this rate fixed or did your car tires consume so much weights? If its fixed rate then it not proper because with my past experience the cost of sticker weights has never exceeded Rs100
My car did consume weights. Two tires were running out fast while the other two looked good. But what I was concerned with was the end result which came out really well.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:26   #33
BHPian

The reason you might losing pressure could be leaky tubeless necks. Ensure you use valves with butyl rubber base. Think that should solve your problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@rajeev k,

+1 to that.

I am checking my tyres(air) on weekly basis and am finding about 1-1.5 ps reduction. Hence not taking the chance and doing the weekly top up. I am keeping only 30 instead of 33 for ride comfort,so anything below will increase tyre wear.

Rgds,charthom.
ronin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 20:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
The reason you might losing pressure could be leaky tubeless necks. Ensure you use valves with butyl rubber base. Think that should solve your problem
Thanks,ronin for the helping feed back.But I had them checked for leaks and they could not find any,at Hyundai and Pitstop. Are not the original tyres (Michelins) coming with butyl rubber base? If not are they available after market?

Rgds,charthom.
Old 10th August 2011, 23:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,ronin for the helping feed back.But I had them checked for leaks and they could not find any,at Hyundai and Pitstop. Are not the original tyres (Michelins) coming with butyl rubber base? If not are they available after market?Rgds,charthom.
Tubeless tyres do not come with valves and has to be bought separately.

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th August 2011 at 23:19.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 08:06   #36
BHPian

Michelins do not come with valves and they also charge you seperately for the valves. Most places use chinese valves, which has a natural rubber base , which will result in air pressure loss. Try to get better brands like TRITON or SCHRADER. I know of their distributor , but they are based out of Trichur.

Quote:
Thanks,ronin for the helping feed back.But I had them checked for leaks and they could not find any,at Hyundai and Pitstop. Are not the original tyres (Michelins) coming with butyl rubber base? If not are they available after market?

Rgds,charthom.
Old 11th August 2011, 08:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Tubeless tyres do not come with valves and has to be bought separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Michelins do not come with valves and they also charge you seperately for the valves. Most places use chinese valves, which has a natural rubber base , which will result in air pressure loss. Try to get better brands like TRITON or SCHRADER. I know of their distributor , but they are based out of Trichur.
Thanks for the helping hand Mates.

Can either of you please suggest any place where I can buy them in Cochin?
Old 9th September 2011, 22:33   #38
BHPian

Friends,

Here is an update. As advised by ronin in the above posts,I attempted to source Triton/Schrader valves from various tyre shops in Cochin,without success.

But there was a big difference. DBS tyres offered to get the valves for me from Bangalore and fit them! They gave me 3 prompt calls in this regard.

The happy ending was-they managed to get the valves under ronin's guidance!

I took my i10 to them-very prompt and quick service. Shan,Jibin and their staff appeared to be really professional and passionate about their work. 4 valves cost me only 80/- and they called me 3 times for this,in order to apprise of the progress and ultimately to fit them.

Apart from that they found out there was a nail in one of the tyres causing air loss-which guys at PITSTOP failed to trace out last time. The leak was immediately arrested.

Good service,very responsible and professional. Decent treatment.

I am thoroughly impressed. Chaky,thanks for posting this thread on DBS. ronin and rajeev k,thanks for the helps.Much appreciated.

Last edited by charthom : 9th September 2011 at 22:37.
Old 10th September 2011, 17:02   #39
BHPian

Dear Charthom,

Am glad that DBS is continuing to maintain their standards and its nice for a change to feel important than go to the pitstops where the priority is only for the big guys .

Chakky
Quote:
Friends,

Here is an update. As advised by ronin in the above posts,I attempted to source Triton/Schrader valves from various tyre shops in Cochin,without success.

But there was a big difference. DBS tyres offered to get the valves for me from Bangalore and fit them! They gave me 3 prompt calls in this regard.

The happy ending was-they managed to get the valves under ronin's guidance!

I took my i10 to them-very prompt and quick service. Shan,Jibin and their staff appeared to be really professional and passionate about their work. 4 valves cost me only 80/- and they called me 3 times for this,in order to apprise of the progress and ultimately to fit them.

Apart from that they found out there was a nail in one of the tyres causing air loss-which guys at PITSTOP failed to trace out last time. The leak was immediately arrested.

Good service,very responsible and professional. Decent treatment.

I am thoroughly impressed. Chaky,thanks for posting this thread on DBS. ronin and rajeev k,thanks for the helps.Much appreciated.
Old 11th September 2011, 22:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakky View Post
Dear Charthom,

Am glad that DBS is continuing to maintain their standards and its nice for a change to feel important than go to the pitstops where the priority is only for the big guys .

Chakky
@Chakky,

Yes,you are absolutely right. Even the waiting lounge filled with the rubber smell is nice. Unlike Pitstop or Global where they do you a favour by servicing your car!

Cheers,charthom.
Old 12th September 2011, 16:58   #41
BHPian

Looks like everyone is happy with DBS. I am planning to take my Fiesta there for alignment. All the Onam runs through the roads of Kerala seem to have mis-aligned the wheels. Hoping to get Notrogen topup too. Will post my experience here.
Old 12th September 2011, 21:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
@Chakky,

Yes,you are absolutely right. Even the waiting lounge filled with the rubber smell is nice. Unlike Pitstop or Global where they do you a favour by servicing your car!

Cheers,charthom.
Charthom, I kind of like that smell makes me feel like as if I am at the wheel alignment place itself... Last time I heard, they were planning to partition it due to the new tyre smell :(.

Next time I go, I will go with my camera and take a few pics and post. I am due for another alignment anyway after the horrendous roads we have now.
Old 13th September 2011, 09:53   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear that DBS is getting popular here. As mentioned, I too had a very good experience there. They even asked me to drop there for a free checkup since I told them I would be going a long drive. Never experienced that at any other service station. Planning to go there this month for a checkup.
Old 13th September 2011, 14:42   #44
BANNED

Now doing alignment here. The guys sure know their job. The quality of work is also good.
Attached Images

Old 13th September 2011, 22:53   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278
Now doing alignment here. The guys sure know their job. The quality of work is also good.
Attaching Some pics
Cheers
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks