Team-BHP - Lambretta scooter lovers here ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Lambretta scooter lovers here ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/16994-lambretta-scooter-lovers-here-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 2444820)
Dear All Lambretta lovers, I am happy to announce the arrival of a 1959 Li series 1 in my Garage. She joins ranks with my last recent acquisition a 1964 Enfield Fantabulus (with siba dyna self start). Though the S 1 has been restored it is not to my taste and will begin taking her apart after the monsoon. Keep watching this space!! More scooters to follow:D

Congratulations sir.. We are dying to see some pictures of her. Very rare to see the Series 1 these days.. Please share some history of that beauty as well.

Priyadarshan

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 2444820)
Dear All Lambretta lovers, I am happy to announce the arrival of a 1959 Li series 1 in my Garage. She joins ranks with my last recent acquisition a 1964 Enfield Fantabulus (with siba dyna self start). Though the S 1 has been restored it is not to my taste and will begin taking her apart after the monsoon. Keep watching this space!! More scooters to follow:D

Congratulations! Series 1 seems to be rarer than the LD! I have heard that lots of Series 1's were converted to Series 2's, as people preferred the turning headlamp of the Series 2 to the Series 1's fixed headlamp. Maybe that's why Series 1's are not common. Some photos please:?

Congratulations for a prestigious possession Mole. I remember one of resident in our locality a retired civil engineer used to have this series and maintained it neat though not driving because of his old age, I couldn't buy because I was not earning and was too young to own a scooter, I still regret that, later when approached aunt told it went somewhere in Bangalore.

It was in this shade..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilangop (Post 2338893)
Tuffryder,
If you stil havent closed the engine head I would highly recommend making a groove in the head. It really has some effect. Mine, Lambyman's and the white - yellow LI 150 have them. And yes there is a difference in the low-end torque. Having the groove in the run-in itself is better. You may give a thought as the engine is yet to be fitted to the chassis.
I can post you a picture of a grooved Vijai's head if you would need for reference.

Hi Illango:

Can you mail me a picture of the grooved head to tuffryder@gmail.com please? I might be starting work on the MAC again next month. Sorry about no updates on it all this while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuffRyder (Post 2447119)
Hi Illango:

Can you mail me a picture of the grooved head to tuffryder@gmail.com please? I might be starting work on the MAC again next month. Sorry about no updates on it all this while.

Hi,
I did this at home with a small triangular file. THe proces is pretty simple and straight forward. The groove only has to point towards the spark plug so that the air-fuel mixture is sqeeyed through this groove towards the spark plug.
For more info:
SOMENDER-SINGH.com - Grooves 101
Design to improve turbulence in combustion chambers (Create a free login to download Somender Singh's patent)
A hit in google for images can fetch you many more pictorial references.

Hi, I am looking out for a Lambretta around 1975 model, in Chennai or Tamil Nadu. Can someone help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arulpeem (Post 2448284)
Hi, I am looking out for a Lambretta around 1975 model, in Chennai or Tamil Nadu. Can someone help?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ambretta.html/
Check this out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman (Post 2446607)
Congratulations! Series 1 seems to be rarer than the LD! I have heard that lots of Series 1's were converted to Series 2's, as people preferred the turning headlamp of the Series 2 to the Series 1's fixed headlamp. Maybe that's why Series 1's are not common. Some photos please:?

Siddharth Indeed a S1 is surely more collectible than an LD. Your right switches may have been made in the past to accommodate modern headlight and that has resulted in very few original scooters left in the country. This came with papers and a matching engine and chassis nos. I wanted to be very sure I was'nt buying a modified one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanu (Post 2446984)
Congratulations for a prestigious possession Mole

Thanks Chanu.

Guys I tried to photograph the scooter today in my garage but could not get good pictures. The iphone camera is not too good. In Any case consider these as teaser pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 2449818)
Siddharth Indeed a S1 is surely more collectible than an LD. Your right switches may have been made in the past to accommodate modern headlight and that has resulted in very few original scooters left in the country. This came with papers and a matching engine and chassis nos. I wanted to be very sure I was'nt buying a modified one.

Neat looking scooter! You're right about it needing another thorough restoration to make it original. The LI 150 and Lambretta monograms on the legshield were interchanged. It should be Lambretta and then LI 150. I can't make out clearly, but it looks like the handle grips are of Lamby 150. Also, the tail light seems to be of a different type? Are the side shield handles missing, or replaced with some makeshift handle? Could be mistaken on these last 2 points. But the great thing is, it's not been butchered in any way. The legshields are broad and the mudguard is the old huge type, no modifications or "trimming" done to make the scoot look sleeker. And it seems to have the aluminium knobs for choke and the petrol tap. Eagerly awaiting the restoration!

Does anyone know a shop in B'lore where I can get original Mico spark plugs? Better still if I can get the German-made Bosch equivalent plug? Preferably in JC Road area. Last time I went there, I managed to find Mico W5DC, which is the plug recommended for Lambretta. I had to go to more than a dozen shops, and this shop had just one piece left. This plug really improved the reliability and performance of my Lambretta. I have tried NGK plugs, but they are not as good as the Mico W5DC. I'd like to pick up a few more, and use these plugs on my Vijai as well. Does anyone know a shop which stocks all types, even low-demand MICO plugs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 2449818)
This came with papers and a matching engine and chassis nos. I wanted to be very sure I was'nt buying a modified one.
Guys I tried to photograph the scooter today in my garage but could not get good pictures. The iphone camera is not too good. In Any case consider these as teaser pics.

Wow, amol! Congrats! I am happy for you but at the same time envious- my fav. Lambretta model of all! :D
Your scooter seems to have been in a time wrap, going by the pic.! :thumbs up
Relatively well-preserved! Is it originally a Bombay scoot?
I wouldnt be surprised even if you had to pay a higher price for this!
I wouldnt restore it at present though, maybe some basic rust-proofing and some polish from what I can see. But you may know it better than what we do from the photos!

Anyways, needless to say, take good care of her!

There's an S1 that I used to see in Vizag, owned by a mechanic. But for a mod job done on the rear seat, its atleast bodilly original. He didnt want to sell it, and I saw some recent pics. of it taken by a friend who'd been there. It seemed to be under some repair as the headlamp was missing. But I was told the guy doesnt want to sell it even now. One day I guess...!

consider these as teaser pics.[/quote]

That looks like a wonderful example Amol - like the colour scheme too clap:

I've owned 2 Li series 1 models over the years, including the early and ultra-rare frame-breather model. They are great fun to ride, if a little on the slow side :) Enjoy her my friend and I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Regards
Ed

Hi all,
A search hit for Lambretta in www.ebay.in gave me surprise. I found Leg shield monograms for Li 150, Lambretta & the "most sought after" Innocenti Lambretta nose monograms.
Got these stuff for Sunil (The yellow - white Li 150). Being so far from Delhi & Bangalore, this was an easy option for us.
Regards,
Ilango

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilangop (Post 2460508)
Hi all,
A search hit for Lambretta in www.ebay.in gave me surprise. I found Leg shield monograms for Li 150, Lambretta & the "most sought after" Innocenti Lambretta nose monograms.
Got these stuff for Sunil (The yellow - white Li 150). Being so far from Delhi & Bangalore, this was an easy option for us.
Regards,
Ilango

Do the (Lambretta & Li150) legshield monograms and front monograms look same?

Priyadarshan

Quote:

Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b (Post 2460550)
Do the (Lambretta & Li150) legshield monograms and front monograms look same?

:)
"Legshield" is nothing but the front side of the scooter. It gets its name from the fact that it was made to protect the legs of the rider from front.
So yes, by default any legshield monogram would be a front monogram.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sx1.jpg