Team-BHP - Lambretta scooter lovers here ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Lambretta scooter lovers here ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/16994-lambretta-scooter-lovers-here-60.html)

Earlier this week I was travelling Goa and came across these beautiful Lambrettas. The guy (circled in red named John) is restoring one more Lambretta and a Vijay Supar.

Really nice work done by John.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby1.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby2.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby3.jpg

Dear Pune folks,
Seeing our facebook page on Deccan Lambretta Club (DLC), NDTV people expressed their interest in a shooting a coverage on 6th Jan (Sunday) on the above mentioned theme. They are interetsed in seeing about 20 Lambrettas gathered at one place, have a short interview with owners about their passion towards Lambrettas, a 20 - 30 mins drive (probably to a cafe or some food joints), shooting & interviewing people while driving, & then disperse. Keeping the looks of the scooter aside, if the scooter is functionaly sound then the scooter could be counted up on for the coverage.
I request our fellow Pune Lambrettians to reach me in this forum / my email (ilango.nps@gmail.com) / my mobile (9850473973). As this show would revolve around olds scooter's scene, is not just confined to Lambrettas. You may joing with your vintage Vespas, Fabtabulous, or any other scooter which would classify as vintage. Please spread this info acorss your friends who are not in this forum. More the number of scooters, more impressive the show will turn out. Spare some time and make you vintage scooter be seen on the TV.
-Ilango

Dear all,
Thanks to the Pune Lambrettians and Vintage bike owners for the overwhelming respone. The shoot turned out really well. We were taken into surprise while seeing the vehicle count increasing from barely 6 to 20 now. Apart from Lambretta DNA, there were Jawas and an SHL M11. Vespas, Lambretta series 1 & a D were a treat to the eyes. The newly restored white - green Vijai Super added a Bling to the show. Above all, the anchor herself drove the White - Yellow LI 150 around the busy streets of Pune. All these might sound childish for people in a larger club like in B'lore or Mumbai. Some how I couldn't control my excitement seeing the classic vehicles count growing in Pune.
-Ilango

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilangop (Post 3009198)
Dear all,
Thanks to the Pune Lambrettians and Vintage bike owners for the overwhelming respone. The shoot turned out really well. We were taken into surprise while seeing the vehicle count increasing from barely 6 to 20 now. Apart from Lambretta DNA, there were Jawas and an SHL M11. Vespas, Lambretta series 1 & a D were a treat to the eyes. The newly restored white - green Vijai Super added a Bling to the show. Above all, the anchor herself drove the White - Yellow LI 150 around the busy streets of Pune. All these might sound childish for people in a larger club like in B'lore or Mumbai. Some how I couldn't control my excitement seeing the classic vehicles count growing in Pune.
-Ilango

Dude.. what an interesting event.. Unfortunately i missed it due to family events.. Need to bring my lambrettas out of hibernation soon..

Priyadarshan

My newly restored lambretta, Need that missing logo ahead . HELP please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirage (Post 3028235)

Nice restoration dude. You may buy them sitting at home.
http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40

Disclaimer: I am no way related to seller or intending to advertide for his products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b (Post 3016292)

Dude.. what an interesting event.. Unfortunately i missed it due to family events.. Need to bring my lambrettas out of hibernation soon..

Priyadarshan

Watch the Deccan Lambretta Club, tomorrow Sunday at 10 p.m. On NDTV good times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirage (Post 3028235)

You need the original horncast grille too mate. Can also get it on ebay.

While cleaning a cupboard I found this picture of my late dad on his scooter. Mom says it was a Lambretta. He had it for a very short time in the 60's..Since i don't know much about them, could somebody throw some light on this model please..
Thanks

Its an LD Mk3 I believe. Handsome specimen at that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by car love (Post 3257110)
While cleaning a cupboard I found this picture of my late dad on his scooter. Mom says it was a Lambretta. He had it for a very short time in the 60's..Since i don't know much about them, could somebody throw some light on this model please..
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneinsaan (Post 3257242)
Its an LD Mk3 I believe. Handsome specimen at that!

Indeed a 1958 Lambretta LD150 mk3. With some period accessories fitted.

I had a similar one briefly.

Why dont you post the pic. in the "nostalgic pics." thread?

This psychadelic Lambretta apparently does the rounds in Pune every now and then. I'd love to see it in action!

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-attachment1.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-attachment2.jpg

Did a wrap job on my Vijai, turns quiet a few heads :)

one of my friends lately restored falcon

Lately restored Falcon belongs to a friend of mine, Hope all Lambretta lovers like it.