Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:43   #61
BHPian

yeah and the rear quarter window APPEARS to re-define the term JUNK!
haha
Old 4th May 2009, 23:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Some full side view pics of the car please she is nice change those mirrors they are not the real deal. There was a similar car in Mumbai black with all the kit (the guy had a lot of orignal aftermarket imported/smuggled stuff fitted in it) in the late 80's she was owned by an underworld guy who got riddled with bullets in it, I think she now lies striped somewhere in juhu/versova. This mumbai car had a similar black with red combo including red pinstrips on the side with mustang/stallion, or some such type of red decal on it.
affirmitive. The mirrors are not original. Ive ordered new ones. They are taking forever to come. These were some cheapie ones I got from a local accessory shop. I cant drive without mirrors and seatbelts-so there you go!

You sure you're not talking about the exact same car of the same vintage and even the same color that amitabh bachhan rode to the beach in Agneepath when he gets shot along with the car and then mithun takes him to the hospital?
I wouldve left him and taken the car to the body-shop-hospital instead! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Mustang View Post
That is one serously screwed up car. Worth absolutly nothing, walk away.
looks good enough for me. A little tender loving and care and I could nurture it back to life..
No mustang is worth absolutely nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes Harit Uncle the Babulnath cars one is a 60's V8(silver) and the other is a 70's 6 cylinder (blue).
The other car you talk of which was a stone throw away was in Bad shape standing in the Garage with the cement block on it. We had seen the car and if i believe right was a GT350 or a 500. could you please clarify this?.

Ok Last night i was watching a movie at home, when i heard a familiar engine crank. I thought i was dreaming and the cars were getting to me. I heard it again and dismissed it for someone trying to start a modified fiat after long. I then heard a longer Crank and then i knew it had to be the V8 MONSTER next door. I ran to the window just in time to see the 66/67(not sure of the year, so i would call it the 66/67)Mustang roll out of its garage. The car dressed in red inching slowly ahead negotiating the space and comming to a halt. The lights being checked and the car being revved as to give the sign of i'm ready lets hit the road jack. The engine sounded crisp as it had just come out of the showroom and so was the car. The exhaust notes still running in my head were better than any music, i have heard. The car slowly rolled ahead and with one last Rev, Roared out the gate and dissapeared, the ehaust sound did not. It could be heard till the car would have been atleast 5 buildings away. Man i tried clicking pictures but the only thing i got from my phone were dark shots and by the time i would go to get the camera from the other room the car would have gone. So no pictures of it. I armed myself with the camera and hoped it would return soon but till around 12am there was no sound of her.
Speedy my man,there were NO GT350s or GT500s in India, ever. There was 'rumored' to be a GT 350 according to Tutu Dhawan and he says it was burnt. Even he says he hasnt seen it-ever. There is however Saif Ali Khan's new red GT500. But I guess that doesnt count, right?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by v12 : 5th May 2009 at 09:34. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks