Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 11:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)

My friend's restored super select. In really good shape, and drives very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-07032008713.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-07032008714.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-07032008715.jpg  

JayD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2008, 11:52   #2
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
My friend's restored super select. In really good shape, and drives very well.
Wow that's a sharp looker. Great paintjob. Fiats were always so special and its wonderful to see such care being lavished on them

Last edited by DKG : 17th March 2008 at 11:54.
Old 17th March 2008, 11:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a super looking car. It looks fully restored to me, and doesnt belong in a "being restored" thread, rather it should go to the vintage and classic cars in india thread.

PS Someone find me taillights like that please!!
Old 17th March 2008, 11:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear JayD - a very nice super select indeed. See if you can convince him to use the original wheel rims instead of the Padmini wheel rims. It will add to the authenticity. Wheel rims are still available, lying around with kabadiwallahs. He has used Ceat C800 tyres, can you please ask him and let me know how good they are. The whitewalls look good though.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2008, 12:06   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
He has used Ceat C800 tyres, can you please ask him and let me know how good they are. The whitewalls look good though.
Are you positive? I would have said they are Goodyears. But you would know best I suppose.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

@ karl, they are ceat tires. I think they are safety drive.(i think). I'll ask him about the source of the tires and let u guys know.

@ behram sir, yes, i'd mentioned to him reg the wheel rims, and he said he'd change it to the orig set soon. Also, did super selects come with a horn ring? If so, its missing in this car. But all the lights, meters, even the reserve warning lamp works perfectly on this car.

Last edited by JayD : 17th March 2008 at 12:12.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@ karl, they are ceat tires. I think they are safety drive.(i think). I'll ask him about the source of the tires and let u guys know.

Did super selects come with a horn ring? If so, its missing in this car.

My bad.

A horn ring was not standard fitment in India, but available as an accessory, both dealer and otherwise. The most commonly available ones were made by Sweet Trade, and available in many designs.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Interior of the super select.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-abcd0014.jpg  

Old 17th March 2008, 12:36   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything looks to be in place, switches and jewel lights too. Thats a President horn button, and the ignition switch should be in the centre of the dash, not the right.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:40   #10
Team-BHP Support

JayD, thats a perfect Super Select. Nicely done.

Karlu, are the side indicators original? I thought this version came with a fish shaped indicator right?
Old 17th March 2008, 14:01   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

The bent balljoint above the accelerator pedal is not original. This one has pins sticking out which results in lost motion, the original one had a black spring. Very rare to get one in not worn out condition these days. And Karlosji and JayD, the tyres are not Goodyear, they are not Ceat Safety Drive, they are Ceat C800, supposed to be a premium product. In the Goodyear as well as in the C800, the treads wear dis-similarly (up and down, more so in Goodyear), that's why I do not use them. By their looks, I think ride will be harsher. JayD please ask your friend and let me know.

By the way Karl, what happened about our Ceat Safety Drive whitewall tyres order ?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th March 2008, 14:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

and also get rid of the Padmini Wheel Caps. The car looks super I must say. These selects have a charm of their own. Addy, get down to restoring your car now buddy.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:15   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Karlu, are the side indicators original? I thought this version came with a fish shaped indicator right?
Shame on you. You have learnt nothing after years of me drilling these things into your head. Please refer to Indian built/assembled Classics thread and teach yourself something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
By the way Karl, what happened about our Ceat Safety Drive whitewall tyres order ?
Like I said before to everyone including you, I cannot proceed untill I have payment in full for 50 tyres to place the order. This was valid over a year ago, I hope the offer from Ceat still stands.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:25   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Shame on you. You have learnt nothing after years of me drilling these things into your head. Please refer to Indian built/assembled Classics thread and teach yourself something.
Sorry teacher . The Indian built/assembled classics thread is in ruins due to use of thumbnails to upload pictures. All the thumbnails now show up as imageshack links and I can barely see pictures. :-(. Abhi bata are these indicators original to the Super select? I remember seeing the fish shaped ones on your MRW SS and the ones on JayD's friends car are from a Delite / President.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:29   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Sorry teacher . The Indian built/assembled classics thread is in ruins due to use of thumbnails to upload pictures. All the thumbnails now show up as imageshack links and I can barely see pictures. :-(. Abhi bata are these indicators original to the Super select? I remember seeing the fish shaped ones on your MRW SS and the ones on JayD's friends car are from a Delite / President.
Fine, forgiven. But not forgiven when you call my MRW car a Super Select. You should know better, it is a Select with an incorrect grille. The Select (without quater windows) had the tear drop indicators, and super select and delight had the round ones. JayDs friends car has correct ones fitted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks