Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 14:24   #91
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yep that's a willys. I've posted pix of that in another thread. The place is in cochin.... if you are coming, just let me know. I'll take you there!
A bit late to reply ..still..
By any chance , that Willys for sale or something ??
Was in Cochin for long time , before moving to TVM . Often visits cochin for some function or other , will surely let you know when am there next time.
Old 24th April 2008, 15:24   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Hey Stanher - my left hand drive also holds the distinction of being officially "imported". What say ?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Behram, your car would indeed be a very interesting case, VCCCI classifications non withstanding. Your car is very much manufactured in India, then exported, and then re imported. So while it is indeed "imported", (and the RC book acknowledges that), the car being manufactured here makes it a one of a kind indeed.

As for VCCCI entry to your vehicle, I doubt they would allow it, but you
should take it up with them yourself, rather than going by what everyone else says.
Ohh yes. I will definately be doing that!! Givng Mr.Nitin Dossa something to be irritated about..hehe
Old 24th April 2008, 16:00   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I read the previous posts and I feel like laughing out loud (that's what lol is, right ?).

I have absolutely no intention of ever going for any vintage and classic car rally where my cars MRY3112 (1964 super select fiat) and MH01YA3238 (unique "exported and imported" left hand drive fiat) are officially "not allowed" (I am busiest on all Sundays with my cars in any case). That said, I would be more than delighted to go for any vintage and classic car rally where my cars are "allowed", like our beloved Fiat Classic Car Club event which I eagerly look forward to and will always cherish.

I have no intention of winning any prizes in any rally ever because I have been hearing for more than 20 years that prizes are more often than not decided politically (I don't know the truth though). I would rather help other ethusiats with their cars, rather than spend energy on such activities which hold no value for me.

I have restored my cars because it is my hobby. I had always visualised them excactly the way they are now, including the red/black, cream, grey/black colour combinations etc. This is all that matters to me. I am content having them like this.

Dear Karl - thanks for letting me know the uniqueness of "export / import" of my LHD. I never thought of it this way. TUSI MAHAAN HO JI.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2008, 20:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have restored my cars because it is my hobby. I had always visualised them excactly the way they are now, including the red/black, cream, grey/black colour combinations etc. This is all that matters to me. I am content having them like this.

Dear Karl - thanks for letting me know the uniqueness of "export / import" of my LHD. I never thought of it this way. TUSI MAHAAN HO JI.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
In your words, "made my Day" , Way to go Mr Dhabhar. I like.

There is no doubt about the uniqueness of the New LHD car.
Old 25th April 2008, 16:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read the previous posts and I feel like laughing out loud (that's what lol is, right ?).

I have absolutely no intention of ever going for any vintage and classic car rally where my cars MRY3112 (1964 super select fiat) and MH01YA3238 (unique "exported and imported" left hand drive fiat) are officially "not allowed" (I am busiest on all Sundays with my cars in any case). That said, I would be more than delighted to go for any vintage and classic car rally where my cars are "allowed", like our beloved Fiat Classic Car Club event which I eagerly look forward to and will always cherish.

I have no intention of winning any prizes in any rally ever because I have been hearing for more than 20 years that prizes are more often than not decided politically (I don't know the truth though). I would rather help other ethusiats with their cars, rather than spend energy on such activities which hold no value for me.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sirji, you have changed my thoughts. What you said was important that we are keeping our car in good condition not because of any prize but we are doing it for our own "satisfaction"

"That is what is important"

Old 25th April 2008, 21:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have absolutely no intention of ever going for any vintage and classic car rally where my cars are officially "not allowed". That said, I would be more than delighted to go for any vintage and classic car rally where my cars are "allowed", like our beloved Fiat Classic Car Club event which I eagerly look forward to and will always cherish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Sirji, you have changed my thoughts. What you said was important that we are keeping our car in good condition not because of any prize but we are doing it for our own "satisfaction"

"That is what is important"

Thet's the spirit! Don't be bothered by all this club politics and stuff. As long as you are having fun with your car, that's all that matters. And why do u want to crib about your fiats not being let in a 'normal' rally when u guys have your own club and own rallies??
Old 25th April 2008, 21:15   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

And isnt it a great feeling when someone is so impressed by your car hundereds of kms away that they choose the same scheme for theirs?
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-01.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-02.jpg  

Old 25th April 2008, 21:57   #98
BHPian

Rupesh, i dont know if you have this cutout with you, here is a pic of your car in HT. Which celebrity sat in your car Buddy ???? . I remember seeing two in your car.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-ht.jpg  

Old 26th April 2008, 14:22   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Nice game of Betting going on guys,
My Prized 1500 Beetle the only one in Bangalore on a bet, no chance dude's.

I'll anyways bet otherwise because those lights are original.
Hehe, fine then, no betting our prized possessions. But Im still eager to know why you think those lights are original. From my side here is a brochure scan showing the smaller diameter of lights. Can you convince me otherwise?

Note the spacing between the headlight and bonnet (9 o'clock) and headlight to the grille first and middle bar (7 and 8 o'clock). The ring too should have a small screw at the bottom, which is missing in the black car.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-2.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-11.jpg  

karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2008, 15:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I assure u, the lights on the black car i posted are larger(possibly padmini) lights, and not the ones usually found on Dukkars.
Old 26th April 2008, 16:23   #101
Senior - BHPian

Wow

Quote:
And isnt it a great feeling when someone is so impressed by your car hundereds of kms away that they choose the same scheme for theirs?

Hey I was not knowing this!!!
Who is gentelmen with a xerox copy of my Red Tum Tum?
Please tell me...
Old 26th April 2008, 18:17   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Guys, I assure u, the lights on the black car i posted are larger(possibly padmini) lights, and not the ones usually found on Dukkars.
How long is this argument going to go on?
JayD baba they are definately padmini lights only.
Old 26th April 2008, 20:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Hey I was not knowing this!!!
Who is gentelmen with a xerox copy of my Red Tum Tum?
Please tell me...

Hope this answers your question!!
Fiat 1100 Super Select "Quarter Glass" (1962) (Spirit of Turin) - hillram's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Old 27th April 2008, 01:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe, fine then, no betting our prized possessions.....
Drat!! there goes my chance of acquiring a Beetle

Quote:
...But Im still eager to know why you think those lights are original. From my side here is a brochure scan showing the smaller diameter of lights. Can you convince me otherwise?

Note the spacing between the headlight and bonnet (9 o'clock) and headlight to the grille first and middle bar (7 and 8 o'clock). The ring too should have a small screw at the bottom, which is missing in the black car.
Like this pic here.!!
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-dsc03081.jpg  

Old 27th April 2008, 02:13   #105

hillrams car color was suggested by me onli
He called me up from hyd and asked me a few things about his car including the color combo. He really liked voras car..So the car was based on that

Most Viewed