Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 13:50   #121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This is a !967 Fiat 1100r 'Abarth' which was recently purchased by my friend. I searched a lot but couldn't find a 1100R abarth anywhere. This one has a twin cam twin carb setup. Experts, can u shed some light on this??
Quote:
That's a normal 1100R. I'm talking about the 'Abarth' version!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Now that is a RARE car!! Good one buddy. Twin Cam Twin Carb!!! Must be a bomb. And probably the obly Abarth in the country??
Quote:
I never claimed this is an original Abarthj or anything! That's what the owner has said too. I searched a lot, but didn't find any info on a 1100R abarth, neither did Dr karl! That's why i posted it here.
I forwarded this pic to a friend of mine and he confirmed that this is not an Abarth however he wanted to know if you can get the VIN.
Old 25th May 2008, 18:52   #122
BHPian

Quote:
My friend's restored super select. In really good shape, and drives very well.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww...... great job, I think now I feel like been pulled towards these classics.
Karl should help me to get one soon
cheers....great job
Old 10th June 2008, 19:55   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear RJVora - your query on the long drive, please contact Cyrus. I believe something is being planned.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 13th June 2008, 12:25   #124

Hey welcome back, Check this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-6th-july.html
Old 26th August 2008, 21:58   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

The one that got away.

This superb 55/6 Fiat was parked in a society pretty close to me. Id always see it parked there, never saw it move (as you can see in the pics). Again it was totally original, rust free and solid. 99% of all rare fittings were intact. See the original bakelight meter surrounds, brown wheel, ivory horn button and small headlights. The lack of side and windscreen trims was original spec. One fine day it dissappeared, and I fortunately saw it on the road a few months later at the other end of town at 3 am, with 4 suspicous characters in it! I wonder what became of it.

I later found out the car belonged to the uncle of one of our club members, he was offered the car for free and didnt take it as he already had his own 57. The car was sold for - hold your breadth - 5000 rupees. Yes, five thousand. A low point in my life. How I wish I were born even 5 years earlier. I could have saved so many more cars.

Oh well, at least she will live on for eternity on Team BHP. Or you never know, she might land up at a rally some day.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-01.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-02.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-03.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-04.jpg  

Old 26th August 2008, 22:21   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
How I wish I were born even 5 years earlier. I could have saved so many more cars.
You're not the only one who wishes so!

This sure is (or rather was) one original car! Pity it got away....that too so cheap! You cant get a good fiat engine for that amount now!

Btw, one thing though- how could you tell there were cars among these that never came with side-trims? I dont recall seeing pics. of such ones based abroad?

Last edited by Stanher : 26th August 2008 at 22:25.
Old 26th August 2008, 22:29   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Btw, one thing though- how could you tell there were cars among these that never came with side-trims? I dont recall seeing pics. of such ones based abroad?
Your wish is my command!

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-brochure02.jpg

The bumper guards in this picture tells us this is a German market car. The regn appears Italian though.

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-millecento55.jpg

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-millecento41.jpg

Notice the front mudguard has a trim in some pictures. In some markets this was offered to cover the seam of the 2 panels joining together.

Regarding the windshield trim, this was told to me by the first owner of a similar car, he bought his from the showroom without these trims. Perhaps it was a Standard/Deluxe option.
Old 26th August 2008, 22:42   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

As always, ready with evidence, Karl!
Incidentally, I forgot- I DID see the first pic. in carsfromitaly.com, long time ago! That rings a bell now!
Interesting to know the millecento was offered even here in 2 versions! Although personally I like them better WITH the side-trims.

Reg. the windscreen trim, maybe it was offered as an option only in India?
Old 26th August 2008, 22:55   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Reg. the windscreen trim, maybe it was offered as an option only in India?
A lot of permutations and combinations were India specific for a lot of cars. Usually the supply of certain parts from the home market dictated the specs for the Indian cars, like horn buttons, wheel caps, trims etc. Very often we come across a couple of previously unseen combinations which are original, but not documented in the manuals/brochures and hence confusing and misleading. Case in point being my Standard 10 horn button with a red and white insignia as opposed to the blue and white one we are familiar with.
Old 9th September 2008, 21:00   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this very original Fiat Super Select in running condition in Kolkata just four days ago.
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-sonycamv-1805.jpg

Name:  sonycamv 1806.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  131.2 KB

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-sonycamv-1807.jpg

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-sonycamv-1808.jpg
Old 9th September 2008, 21:22   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Its actually a select, just missing basically the original front grille and trims under the windscreens (front and rear)

'looks like a well-maintained car though. 'might as well be in daily use. Incidentally, I too saw a decent super-select with a delhi regn. driven by a senior citizen here last week. Unfortunately couldnt stop in traffic to take photos. It had those ghastly plastic hubcaps that the last of the padminis were fitted with though!
Old 9th September 2008, 22:35   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its actually a select, just missing basically the original front grille and trims under the windscreens (front and rear)

'looks like a well-maintained car though. 'might as well be in daily use. Incidentally, I too saw a decent super-select with a delhi regn. driven by a senior citizen here last week. Unfortunately couldnt stop in traffic to take photos. It had those ghastly plastic hubcaps that the last of the padminis were fitted with though!
Stanher vigilant eyes of yours. I could'nt see these missing ! What I saw was only the side indicators of the Padmini and not the circular ones of the SS.
Old 10th September 2008, 01:50   #133
Senior - BHPian

For those who have forgotten and those who have not seen the restoration thread, here is my 1961 Fiat 1100 Millicento Special.

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-beetle-fiats.jpg

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-dsc03090-large.jpg
Old 10th September 2008, 03:51   #134

And when am i getting those badges?? And the one on the Merc? Gogi, you are getting the car on sunday!! if you need help to start it on saturday, dont hesitate to call!
Old 14th September 2008, 22:33   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

this is a Fiat Super Select (pretty original) that is parked in Alibag dist., very near the ferry boarding/alighting point, when one goes from Gateway of India to Alibag. Its lying unattended there. Maybe Super Select fans can take a chance!
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-sonycamv-854.jpg

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-sonycamv-855.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks