Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 10:00   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Look at those lovely original window winder handles ! She seems a cared for and in use car.. Can someone find out if she's for sale ?!?
NOT! We (I when I, alongwith nitrous, saw the car last year and so did Suren later) already did ask.
'would have been worth buying by someone in Hyd. since it has an AP regn.
Are those front indicator lenses original though? I suspect not.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:34   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Welcome O Ronnie's Millicento to the Fiat collector's abode.
Congrats Ronnie on this exceptional buy (and Karl for finding it)
Leave it as it is right now, except with a coat of polish. Those Wheel caps are to die for.
Thanks Gogi. As you already know, she is presently in good shape and therfore I am planning to restore the Milli after all her brothers and sisters are restored. So she has to wait in a long queue.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:13   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to restore the Milli after all her brothers and sisters are restored. So she has to wait in a long queue.

I can take a hint!!
I will be travelling to Pune tomorrow most probably and hope to see it. You are welcome to come with me and show me your new pride.
Old 1st October 2008, 15:17   #169
Senior - BHPian

to all 'MR FIATS', this 1100 103/elegant/millicento (please tick the correct answer) . what i think is the tail light is not original.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-011008_021953.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-011008_022017.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-011008_022033.jpg  

Old 1st October 2008, 15:20   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
to all 'MR FIATS', this 1100 103/elegant/millicento (please tick the correct answer) . what i think is the tail light is not original.
That is a 56/57 1100 103 E, commonly known as the Elegant. The taillights are original, though covered with a nasty looking grille and an incorrect indicator lens. Note the rare original boot lid lock.
Old 1st October 2008, 15:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That is a 56/57 1100 103 E, commonly known as the Elegant. The taillights are original, though covered with a nasty looking grille and an incorrect indicator lens. Note the rare original boot lid lock.
ohh...thats good to have a rare bootlid. will the indicators be like this?? (photo taken from the net)
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-1957fiat1100selectrear.jpg
also this car had a delight kind of a instrument cluster, is it correct or it should have 2 centre metres??

Note from Mod : Please see the ANNOUCEMENTS section for the instructions on how to upload pictures to Team-BHP correctly as per the rules.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd October 2008 at 13:09. Reason: Please see note in post.
amit V8 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st October 2008, 17:34   #172

Quote:
ohh...thats good to have a rare bootlid. will the indicators be like this?? (photo taken from the net)

also this car had a delight kind of a instrument cluster, is it correct or it should have 2 centre metres??
Yup, that is the correct taillight. also, the Elegants had a delite type meter setup. But with the horizontal speedometer type.
Old 2nd October 2008, 00:30   #173
Senior - BHPian

thanks, another thing which model had the metres in the centre?? the miilc. how is it different from this one??
Old 2nd October 2008, 00:37   #174

Quote:
thanks, another thing which model had the metres in the centre?? the miilc. how is it different from this one??
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/264501-post5.html
Old 2nd October 2008, 01:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I know this car. Where did you shoot this? The one that I know was repainted in this Maruti 800 blue colour that was launched in 1986.
Old 3rd October 2008, 00:08   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I think I know this car. Where did you shoot this? The one that I know was repainted in this Maruti 800 blue colour that was launched in 1986.
i saw it opposite Charuchandra college in south kolkata near Lake Market.
Old 12th October 2008, 01:35   #177
Senior - BHPian

Chaps,
I was in Pune today on a work visit. Happened to get into an apartment complex to meet a client. Stumbled upon a rather neat Millecento - MHU 69--. Ogled for a while. then saw a beautiful Super select - MHP 36-- . Then surprise of surprises - saw Rony's darling BYH 2166. God, this is the Holy Grail, I thought.. till it stuck me where i was. Simply asked the watchman (who by now, was starting to get jittery at my OTT interest in the cars): "Boss, yeh Bhote Saab idhar rehte hain kya ??"
The answer needless, was positive.
Treasure island !!

Last edited by SuperSelect : 12th October 2008 at 01:45.
Old 12th October 2008, 08:01   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Chaps,
I was in Pune today on a work visit. Happened to get into an apartment complex to meet a client. Stumbled upon a rather neat Millecento - MHU 69--. Ogled for a while. then saw a beautiful Super select - MHP 36-- . Then surprise of surprises - saw Rony's darling BYH 2166. God, this is the Holy Grail, I thought.. till it stuck me where i was. Simply asked the watchman (who by now, was starting to get jittery at my OTT interest in the cars): "Boss, yeh Bhote Saab idhar rehte hain kya ??"
The answer needless, was positive.
Treasure island !!
Hey! You come to my home and don't call? Anyways I don't live there, but just down the road from there. The MHU car isn't mine, but is lying with me temporarily.

Some upsetting news. My Delight head gasket gave way, and oil has entered the water, depositing a sludge all over. We opened the head and found it was probably never opened ever in the past! Two pistons have oil on them, so I am changing rings etc. Since the engine is open, I might as well get her overhauled. And since it is out, I will also be painting the engine components in original finish to save me the trouble once again when I paint the car. Will be asking for periodic advice here.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 12th October 2008 at 08:06.
Old 12th October 2008, 14:17   #179
Senior - BHPian

Karl the MHU seems very nice and complete.. who does she belong to ? Also the super select ? Her front two tyres need air. Sorry i didn"t call you, was with a client and in quite a rush '
What I like about Pune cars is that they are so rust free - and therefore most have lovely, straight body lines !
Do update us with the delight engine progress, especially the bit about painting the engine components in original finish - sounds interesting and useful for other resto projects.
Old 12th October 2008, 14:42   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karl the MHU seems very nice and complete.. who does she belong to ? Also the super select ? Her front two tyres need air. Sorry i didn"t call you, was with a client and in quite a rush '
What I like about Pune cars is that they are so rust free - and therefore most have lovely, straight body lines !
Do update us with the delight engine progress, especially the bit about painting the engine components in original finish - sounds interesting and useful for other resto projects.
The MHU car was a single owner till the 90s, when it was bought by fellow Fiat Club member, who also owned my ex 56 at one point. He used it well for a few years (it was still immaculate) and then it changed hands twice I think, and deteriorated quickly. It was picked up last year by an enthusiast who gave it to me to sort out a few issues, and since then has forgotten to collect it Its still very restorable, but many original bits like the wheels have gone missing. The MHP is not a Super Select but an imported 1100 Export which belongs to yours truly. I plan a few tasteful period upgrades on this one though.

If you came 2 days back you would have seen the MHU also with front tyres flat. If you come next week hopefully all would have been up and about. As you would have noticed Im only using it as a cupboard for the moment!

From what I gather the block should be painted in 'chassis red' or redox. The head remains in bare metal, the tappet cover in glossy black. There are some covers on the side which are possibly silver, yet to confirm. The oil filter is in a light yellow with a red top. Pictures as work progresses.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 12th October 2008 at 14:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks