Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 01:29   #181
BHPian

Re: Looking for classic mopeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Its a rare find.Sportif was manufactured under license from Peugeot,if im not wrong.
Yes, you are not wrong>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Hello,

You have a beautiful sportif here. It looks pretty much original from outside. You have got the original speedometer, handle lock, tail light etc.. The paint and chrome looks neat. Sportif came with the option of pedals and kick start along with an electric start. What you have here is a kick start version with the right kicker in place. All you need is OE blinkers, and couple of decals, thats all looks to be missing. They say the sportif used to return a mileage of 80 kmpl in its days and excellenet riding even for 2 people. And you also say that self start works ....... Its a superb moped with lots of good stuff in it. I grew up riding this one.///. Dont let it go brother.

Regards,

Priyadarshan
Beautiful Sportif !!!...No second opinion about that......everything is intact as you said, except those blinkers & the control switches on the steering ...About Speed o meter ...the earlier ones were " Jaguer, just printed Peugeot...instead of 'Sportif" and manufacturer of the instrument not being " PRICOL".....
Just don't wont to confuse more...as Overall the Moped seems to be great stuff!!
Though, my Sportif pics is are found in the same thread...
Here are few pics >>

About those BLINKERS>>>>

Left side profile>>>

About Decals & stuff>>> It is ' licence Peugeot" embossed formed on the surface of both right & left Panels

Both the switches on the Handle are immaculate in quality>>> again with Peugeot scrpit

A close up view of the Blinker lens>> ( Not some alien script..but

French!!

***##Here in this FUEL TANK Top Garnish Shield.....instead of that PEUGEOT & its Lion logo>>>
( As in my Sportif)

That will have these "Indo_ French" logo ( CHAMMUNDI & PEUGEOT) Logo, screen printed BLACK in a 0.8mm alloy sheet , in the bottom line>>>" SPORTIF" logo>>>
guess the following pics will be helpful to understand what I said>>

ps: note those Stickers I have done on the rear licensee plate of my SPORTIF, can see the " Chammundi temple tower & Peugeot LION"
powertwin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 22:23   #182
BHPian

Unfortunately Chamudi Mopeds went out of Business or could have purchased the dyes for manufacturing this beauty.
Old 14th June 2012, 22:29   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Unfortunately Chamudi Mopeds went out of Business or could have purchased the dyes for manufacturing this beauty.
Ah!! Now you want to manufacture Sportif, after MOFA!!
Not a bad idea buddy!!
Actually they dint go out of Business.....@ '80s Indian Governments Industrial Policy was not " Promotion "...it was rather Killing, for small players like Chammundi Mopeds......politics buddy politics
Old 15th June 2012, 08:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
What is he asking. He must have given you a ball park figure that he is looking for
Quote:
Hello,

You have a beautiful sportif here. .........Lot of fond memories associated with it. Dont let it go brother.

Regards,

Priyadarshan
Asking price is 28 K plus I may have to pay commission to the referring person. So, I have decided to let it go!
Old 15th June 2012, 09:12   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
Asking price is 28 K plus I may have to pay commission to the referring person. So, I have decided to let it go!

28k plus commission?? that is too much.. Hard decision to let it go, i guess.. It was too nice..

Priyadarshan
Old 15th June 2012, 10:03   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I will forever lament in my life for forcing my dad to sell off the Sportif for a paltry 1500 bucks for getting a bike 20 years back. It was finally given as part of the exchange when dad said no to bikes and instead got a LML NV SPL.

It had a nice no. too TMD 6362. In fact we used to drive down ECR near Chennai on the sportif at a top speed of 65kmph when the Lunas and TVSs used to give up their ghost at 40-50...the only challenge at that point of time was from the Enfields of Silver Plus and Explorer.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:39   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post

Beautiful Sportif !!!...No second opinion about that......everything is intact as you said, except those blinkers & the control switches on the steering ...About Speed o meter ...the earlier ones were " Jaguer, just printed Peugeot...instead of 'Sportif" and manufacturer of the instrument not being " PRICOL".....
Oh!! it is VEGILIA, not Jaguer
Sorry for the wrong info, but here is the SPORTIF speedo meter , " Vegila",Made in France, mind it is not a Italian produce, as mostly we think of, Vegilia had separate manufacturing units @ France also, just note the VEGILIA French version has a different Logo, compared with the parent Italian stuff!!
Here is the meter>>>

Quote:

28k plus commission?? that is too much.. Hard decision to let it go, i guess.. It was too nice..

Priyadarshan
Even here there is no second opinion that price some thing like 30K is pretty high!!
But, once you take up " Yet to be restored" Sportif's & go for a decent Job, for sure we will almost reach this kind of figure..only thing is you will have the satisfication of being restored at your own hands
Just stumbled across few Sportif items for a friend, just asking price & way of response was getting me hot under my collars
the parts are>>

Left side steering mount with lever & O.E horn switch>>

A Head light high & low beam selector original switch, but knob broken>>

Last edited by karlosdeville : 16th June 2012 at 10:55. Reason: 2 smiley rule
Old 16th June 2012, 12:05   #188
BHPian

Wow ,30K for a sportiff and then possibly by the time you find even the minor missing bits you will realize they are expensive as well .
The price benchmarking sure are personal bits and can be debated,but well its always the fight between what the heart says !!

The sportiff sure was a nice moped and vey few survived as most of them were scrapped for 500-800 rs ..I still see a lot of parts strewn around in the bangalore Gujri .

Prashanth
Old 9th April 2013, 10:23   #189
BHPian

Sportif with clear documents available for sale at a reasonable price. PM if anyone is interested.
Old 27th December 2013, 22:08   #190

Hi Powetwin!

I've just started to restore my old Sportif today and came across your posts. Would it be possible to get in touch with you to talk about the restoration and how I can source a few parts, one of the biggest being the fork and the swing arm.
Old 8th June 2014, 17:42   #191
Senior - BHPian

VICTORIA:

http://goa.quikr.com/Vintage-Classic...AdIdZ164709832

SUVEGA AND LUNA:

http://coimbatore.quikr.com/I-want-t...AdIdZ170067286
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for classic mopeds-moped.jpeg  

Looking for classic mopeds-moped2.jpeg  

Looking for classic mopeds-moped3.jpeg  

Last edited by vinay kamath : 8th June 2014 at 17:53.
Old 6th January 2015, 17:45   #192
Senior - BHPian

Found this beauty on OLX, brings back awesome memories

http://olx.in/item/silver-plus-orgin...tml#07b823d222

If anyone has a restored one in chennai do PM me, would love to see one in flesh again, this was our family's first motor vehicle of any kind.
Old 6th January 2015, 19:25   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Girish,

I have recently spotted all the mopeds you have listed here:

Vicky
Pearl Yamaha
Mofa
Luna
Suvega
Jawa Jet

PM me your budget for all the individual mopeds, Will see if I can get you all in one shot, though from different people.

I'm badly looking for GTS, if you come across let me know.
Have an old Red TVS Champ & black KH. do you need one?

seen an old silver Sportif at a unit in Peenya . not sure if working or being sold
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 23:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinay,

That was a very old post, anyway I was only looking for a Rajdoot GTS at that point of time. Since I found and restored one, I have no requirement for any more moped or motorcycles.

Thank you.
Old 15th February 2015, 12:24   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Never heard of this Moped before, what year is this moped.

Is this what it should look like. Pic courtsey xbhp.com

Attachment 241517
This is "Pizzaz", lower height version of "Laxmi" moped made by Kirloskar-Ghatge patil group. I have driven in late 1980s in Ahmednagar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks