Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 13:52   #91
BHPian

What is the approximate price of a pearl yamaha ... average running condition ?
Old 26th May 2010, 18:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinmohan View Post
this moped was produced by innocenti lambretta,the italian company from august 1955 to march 1961.total no: of units produced was about 63000
Innocenti 48cc bikes were under production till 1966 at MILAN unit
& one thing this cute commuter official came for sales from 1957 only!!
35 cc mopeds & this particular "Lambretta 48" was under trail & exhibition till 1957 from 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Never heard of this Moped before, what year is this moped.

Is this what it should look like. Pic courtsey xbhp.com

Attachment 241517
Ho!! Ho!! Guys this is my LAMBRETTA 48, its 1957, I picked this kid in bits & pieces , finally restored, this was my first project ( 2005)
Thanks for posting my Innocenti 48 at appropriate thread dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I know that lot of different manufacturers ran their mopeds on Sachs engines but can someone identify this one for me.
HIi Friends,
To my best of knowledge, this is the "Hitodi" moped, even I had a Fuel tank of this machine,(I picked it by mistake, thinking of Yezdi Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I know that lot of different manufacturers ran their mopeds on Sachs engines but can someone identify this one for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The 65 cc Peugeot Sportif that was launched in the early 1980's was one of the best looking mopeds to be sold in India. Its deluxe version cost Rs 6500 in those days when the TVS50 sold for Rs 4800 and the Luna moped was available for Rs 4200.
The Sportif had a battery, indicators, self starter, alloys and looked very chic in the silver colour.
The manufacturers M/s Chamundi Mopeds, Mysore wound up soon reporting losses and thats how the Sportif production in India stopped. Peugeot has not had any success with their cars too in India.The 309 bombed.
Hi Mole,
just every thing is correct,except, it had "Sheet Metal Split" Spoked wheels not ALLOYs.......this is a info about Sportif, will post pics soon, have to search in my albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by veldeep View Post
I have JAWA sending some photos
Nice, well restored Jawa, I dunno the model ( Year of Mfg), but still your Jawa( the bike featured here) needs a Jawa Head Light Glass !!, yes Bro, U have fitted with a Yezdi Glass, which really spoils the front look to some extent,.... try to get Jawa H/L Glass orGlasses

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th May 2010 at 19:14. Reason: Please read the mod's note in your post very carefully, thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 20:31   #93
BHPian

Peugeot Sportif

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The 65 cc Peugeot Sportif that was launched in the early 1980's was one of the best looking mopeds to be sold in India. Its deluxe version cost Rs 6500 in those days when the TVS50 sold for Rs 4800 and the Luna moped was available for Rs 4200.
The Sportif had a battery, indicators, self starter, alloys and looked very chic in the silver colour.
The manufacturers M/s Chamundi Mopeds, Mysore wound up soon reporting losses and thats how the Sportif production in India stopped. Peugeot has not had any success with their cars too in India.The 309 bombed.
Anjan Bro,
Here you go with Sportif Moped Pic

This pic is a scanned copy from the manual, once I wrote plenty about this machine in another Forum (??)
will post " Facts & Figures of this wonderful step thro' Bike
ps: Note the " sheet metal Spokes wheels", even at '90s another moped from Kinetic group came with this type of " Sheet metal spoked wheels..think it was " Kinetic Safari"
Old 28th May 2010, 21:20   #94
BHPian

This is a very good moped indeed. Shame they stopped production.

Do we know if that company who used to produce this mope is still around in any other shape or form

I don't think any of these are still around to be bought are they ??
Old 29th May 2010, 12:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

I say its the first moped with alloy wheels aswell. I know this moped there are two lying with a person I know and he was not will to sell when I gave him an offer, he started saying " Its worth a fortune in some time sir".
Old 29th May 2010, 13:55   #96
BHPian

Chanu: Those are no alloy wheels, they were pressed sheet metal. Mr. Muthu, your right, it was kinetic's safari that had the same type of wheels.
Old 29th May 2010, 21:38   #97
Senior - BHPian

The first alloy wheel were on the Enfield - Zundaap Silverplus, Explorer and fury bikes.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:38   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Anjan Bro,
Here you go with Sportif Moped Pic

This pic is a scanned copy from the manual, once I wrote plenty about this machine in another Forum (??)
will post " Facts & Figures of this wonderful step thro' Bike
ps: Note the " sheet metal Spokes wheels", even at '90s another moped from Kinetic group came with this type of " Sheet metal spoked wheels..think it was " Kinetic Safari"
powertwin I do not have a digital image of this moped.May have a publicity brochure but the picture you have linked to is quite OK.
It was much ahead of its time and was not hence accepted by the market.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:49   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The first alloy wheel were on the Enfield - Zundaap Silverplus, Explorer and fury bikes.
And it never occured to me when I used to see my friend's father's silverplus so often here (I think he still has it!)
Old 29th May 2010, 22:55   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
And it never occured to me when I used to see my friend's father's silverplus so often here (I think he still has it!)
Oh is it, can you get me some pictures. I murdered mine for the sake of modification and later for a three wheeler project, neither of which turned out .
Old 31st May 2010, 00:03   #101
BHPian

Chanu buddy any pics of those 2 bikes if possible. will be good to see a actual pic.

Irrespective of whats wheels this had it was a cool bike.
Wish i had 1.
Old 31st May 2010, 07:52   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh is it, can you get me some pictures. I murdered mine for the sake of modification and later for a three wheeler project, neither of which turned out .
I will when I go to their house the next time. 'hope the bike's still there. The gent seldom disposes of anything that he has, much to his son's (my friend's) chagrin.
He also had a mk4 Amby for about 20 years, which he never wanted to sell even after they bought a Ford Ikon, until he finally did only a few months ago!
Old 31st May 2010, 18:10   #103
BHPian

Cheers Stanher you are a top man.

Look forward to the pics.

Cheers
Old 30th July 2010, 19:00   #104
BHPian

Moped for sale

Hi Guys

Came across this agent who has a lot of Laxmi's and Innocenti's for sale

Name -Aslam
Cell # - 9028476252

Cheers
Old 31st July 2010, 22:48   #105
BHPian

Thyanks for the information on Aslam.
Anything else you can share about him with us.

Can you post some pictures of his collection for sale.?
Does he have Luna's for sale ?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks