BHPian

Re: Looking for classic mopeds

The price indicated is very FANCY

I am very lucky to have one from you...Powertwin

Thanks for that
Old 14th February 2011, 23:59   #122
Senior - BHPian

Im being offered a 1986 Luna TFR at a derisory amount.Is it worth a collectable?
Old 15th February 2011, 18:16   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im being offered a 1986 Luna TFR at a derisory amount.Is it worth a collectable?
That depends on the size of your garage everything is collectible or will get collectible however what direction do you want your collection to go in is important? why not concentrate on scooters especially vespas since you have a passion for them.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
That depends on the size of your garage everything is collectible or will get collectible however what direction do you want your collection to go in is important? why not concentrate on scooters especially vespas since you have a passion for them.
Seriously Ram why not concentrate on scooters as you are passionate about them, mopeds are a different stream altogether and the collection is also vast. Had it been a Suvega, Vicky or atleast Luna with those big sized tyres then you can consider. I am not deniying the fact that the Luna you have been offered would be a collectable one day you are the best one to decide. Cheers.

Last edited by chanu : 15th February 2011 at 22:28.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

@Amol,Bala..True to what you guys say im a scooter fan and i would like to increase the tribe..but mopeds are an interest that i developped during my vast travels in Europe and have seen how passionatly Europeans ride them with pride.I have been to Puch museum in Graz,Austria and seen some great creations.Similarly I have seen Gilera mopeds in Rome whizz past on the roads.I hope you understand my passion now.
Especially that i own a Motori Mineralli..aka Toro Jazz.Im in the process of negotiating a Vicky and a Mofa too.Stay tuned...

Last edited by hillram : 15th February 2011 at 22:50.
Old 16th February 2011, 22:52   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Seriously Ram why not concentrate on scooters as you are passionate about them, mopeds are a different stream altogether and the collection is also vast. Had it been a Suvega, Vicky or atleast Luna with those big sized tyres then you can consider. I am not deniying the fact that the Luna you have been offered would be a collectable one day you are the best one to decide. Cheers.
You are absolutely right chanu !!
for sure at my point of view>>> Suvega is defiantly a collectible stuff being, India's First Moped..
Moped means Suvega, Suvega means Moped !!at least in India till mid '80s

Luna - India's one & only Final belt drive machine,..this cute commuter ruled the Moped market, till TVS 50 ,pushed it to second slot, with its advanced power characteristics + fuel economy

Vicky "aka" Victoria : Hmm..wonderful machine...bit hard to find stuff now.
Guys, if any one interested in picking mopeds like Suvega, H Majestic s,Luna s, can PM me,..but this doesn't guarantee I can get you the Moped you wish...it all depend on the circumstances!!
'am happy to say, till now I have sourced at least 20 Mopeds to our Tbhpians, including our Girish
Old 16th February 2011, 22:57   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the first moped to be ever available in India should be the Lambretta 48 that came along in the 1950's.It was developed by Lambretta (Innocenti) and marketed by Automobile Products of India Ltd (API).It was mostly a CKD assembly with some Indian components.
Old 16th February 2011, 22:58   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
The price indicated is very FANCY

I am very lucky to have one from you...Powertwin

Thanks for that
hee!! he!! 82 rawath got it very FANCY price, where as you got it for TW price, but if this guy would have told before we would have pointed some thing 50% of his BP, for same condition Mofa.
Anyway gone is gone, can some one find two pair of side plastic guards for Mofa??
one for 82 rawath & second one for me
Old 16th February 2011, 23:07   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I believe the first moped to be ever available in India should be the Lambretta 48 that came along in the 1950's.It was developed by Lambretta (Innocenti) and marketed by Automobile Products of India Ltd (API).It was mostly a CKD assembly with some Indian components.
Hello anjan bro,
Lambretta 48 is a geared step through Motorcycle with sub 50 cc power train that s all...This is not a Moped !!
** lambretta 40 s was marketed by API till 1966 from 1961 ( all pre '61 '48 s was imported )
*** later this Lambretta 48's was manufactured by KGP, in name & style ."LAXMI 48."
KGP--> Kirloskar gatge Patil ltd"
Old 11th March 2011, 17:02   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
hee!! he!! 82 rawath got it very FANCY price, where as you got it for TW price, but if this guy would have told before we would have pointed some thing 50% of his BP, for same condition Mofa.
Anyway gone is gone, can some one find two pair of side plastic guards for Mofa??
one for 82 rawath & second one for me
I agree, bought it for a real high price and now gone is gone

BTW, did MOFA had a speedometer ??
Old 12th March 2011, 21:45   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
I agree, bought it for a real high price and now gone is gone

BTW, did MOFA had a speedometer ??
Nopes !!
MOFA doesn't have speedo meter, even at Tbhp there is Mofa pic posted, which
is fitted with a TVS moped speedo, but didn't find any drive for the meter.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:15   #132
BHPian

Hi

I went searching around today in the spares market for a MOFA throttle assembly including the cable but no luck , tried to search for TVS 50 throttle assembly still no luck ( as my friend tells me that TVS 50's assembly is a direct fit to MOFA

Can someone help please
Old 19th October 2011, 14:18   #133
BHPian

Hi,

today i accidentally stumbled upon a Peaugeot Sportif in a municipal corporation office parking lot. Seemed to be a daily runner. From the registration number it was a 1984-85 model. There was no rust or major dents. Even the plastic was in good nick. Only things missing were the speedometer and replaced headlamp glass and tail lamp assembly. I havent found the owner yet. But if i were to get in touch with him, how much shall i offer? would 3k be a reasonable offer?

Priyadarshan
Old 19th October 2011, 21:44   #134
BHPian

Man for any reason if you do not buy it let me know i will definitely buy it...

Been looking for one for ages just cant find one.

Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 12:45   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Man for any reason if you do not buy it let me know i will definitely buy it...

Been looking for one for ages just cant find one.

Thanks
Hey allana,
nice to hear from another Sportif enthusiast. I didnt know there were many fans of sportif. There are a couple of sportif's lying at a nearby mechanic. I have been pursuing him for last 1 year to give me one. He principally agrees. I can ask for you but chances are low. Unless the person meets him personally and establishes good relations with him, he doesnt entertain anybody. Whats your budget by the way?

Priyadarshan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks