Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 10:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Mother of Ferrari

Awesome quote!! I completely agree with you guys, looking at these beauties my desire for these cars has become intense, I have seen a care which is an original 90 model and driven low, however needs new set of tyres going for 30k. I need your suggestions.
Old 12th July 2009, 22:13   #17
BHPian

Souped up Fiat 1100's

Bangalore and Coimbatore in the late 70's early 80's had some fabulous souped up Fiat 1100's. NP Sweets, the Pasha brothers of Popular and Motor and Cycle Co on Brigade Road, Chandrika Soap,the mill owners in Coimbatore among others.Hardcore auto buffs who not only had some hot looking cars but they were quick too and the glorious sound from the free flow exhausts.
In the early 80's I was offered a 1100 in Coimbatore, the car was regularly raced at Sholavaram by the daughter of one of the mill owners.It had a fully souped group 2 engine with twin webers, high lift cam, close ratio gearbox,all four disc brakes,imported alloy wheels and tyres, free flow exhausts, imported seats,the works!!!
Was just out of college, neede Pops to fund the purchase, NO was the answer.
I wonder if any of them cars survived!!All the best to the Bangalore 1100 club.
Cheers,
SG
sunilgee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2009, 14:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
Bangalore and Coimbatore in the late 70's early 80's had some fabulous souped up Fiat 1100's. NP Sweets, the Pasha brothers of Popular and Motor and Cycle Co on Brigade Road, Chandrika Soap,the mill owners in Coimbatore among others.Hardcore auto buffs who not only had some hot looking cars but they were quick too and the glorious sound from the free flow exhausts.
Good Flash Back!! Thankfully there are still many well maintained Fiats running in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
In the early 80's I was offered a 1100 in Coimbatore, the car was regularly raced at Sholavaram by the daughter of one of the mill owners.It had a fully souped group 2 engine with twin webers, high lift cam, close ratio gearbox,all four disc brakes,imported alloy wheels and tyres, free flow exhausts, imported seats,the works!!!
Was just out of college, neede Pops to fund the purchase, NO was the answer.
I wonder if any of them cars survived!!All the best to the Bangalore 1100 club.
Cheers,
SG
I am in exactly the same situation now. But hope my dad agrees to buy another Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Awesome quote!! I completely agree with you guys, looking at these beauties my desire for these cars has become intense, I have seen a care which is an original 90 model and driven low, however needs new set of tyres going for 30k. I need your suggestions.
Hey can you post some pics please.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2009 at 13:12. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes. Thanks.
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2009, 15:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics of Fiats in Bangalore.The modified Fiat has an Audi logo on the front grill :-(
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2009, 18:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Audi logo on FIAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Lovely pics of Fiats in Bangalore.The modified Fiat has an Audi logo on the front grill :-(
The Fiat with AUDI logo is my friends car. I asked the mechanic who designed the car as to why he retained the AUDI logo with the grill and not Fiat logo.

His reply was and i quote: " I wanted people to look at the car and think its really an old AUDI!"

I said: "If that was the case then you should have changed the headlights and the tail lights too".

He had no reply :-(

I then suggested him to remove the AUDI logo and replace it with a FIAT logo.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:42   #21
BANNED

Fiat 1100 Club, Bangalore is planning to have their second rally on 14th Aug tentatively.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:22   #22
BHPian

does one have to become a member first to participate?
Old 16th July 2009, 15:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
does one have to become a member first to participate?
Do you have a Fiat 1100 or a Padmini?
Old 16th July 2009, 16:00   #24
BHPian

Sorry to deviate from the car being discussed on this thread but how rare is a fiat 1800. I guess it must be a pretty rare entity since I have not seen any in the vintage section on this particular car and assuming that there are not many of these in india. Why I ask is that there is a fiat 1800 parked close to my house and when i spoke to the owner, he told me that it belonged to some ex governer of some province or something. It is blue and its not in a good shape. The exterior is pretty much intact but the interiors are mostly gone. He plans to refurbish it soon.

Experts , any comments on this particular make in terms of rarity or is it something worth as a vintage collectable item. I suppose this car was designed by pininfarina
Old 16th July 2009, 16:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Do you have a Fiat 1100 or a Padmini?
i have a padmini , are only 1100s allowed?
Old 16th July 2009, 16:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Sorry to deviate from the car being discussed on this thread but how rare is a fiat 1800. I guess it must be a pretty rare entity since I have not seen any in the vintage section on this particular car and assuming that there are not many of these in india. Why I ask is that there is a fiat 1800 parked close to my house and when i spoke to the owner, he told me that it belonged to some ex governer of some province or something. It is blue and its not in a good shape. The exterior is pretty much intact but the interiors are mostly gone. He plans to refurbish it soon.

Experts , any comments on this particular make in terms of rarity or is it something worth as a vintage collectable item. I suppose this car was designed by pininfarina
do you mean something like this

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2009, 16:22   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Sorry to deviate from the car being discussed on this thread but how rare is a fiat 1800. I guess it must be a pretty rare entity since I have not seen any in the vintage section on this particular car and assuming that there are not many of these in india.
You can see more on the 1800 courtesy Ram here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post621889

If possible please do share some pictures of the car you speak of.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
You can see more on the 1800 courtesy Ram here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post621889

If possible please do share some pictures of the car you speak of.
spot on Karlos the same car and the same color aswell. Will see if i can take a couple of snaps.
Rotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2009, 17:24   #29
BANNED

Fiat 1100 Club, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i have a padmini , are only 1100s allowed?
The entire range of 1100 series of Fiat n Premier cars are allowed.
You can become a member in our club website, fill in your details and be connected.

Orkut Community:
orkut -

Club's official Website:
FIAT 1100 CLUB, Bangalore - Home
Old 20th July 2009, 01:25   #30
BANNED

Fiat 1100 Club, Bangalore

Proposed date for the "2nd RALLY MEET" of Fiat 1100 Club,Bangalore is 2nd of August, Sunday, 10am !

People who want to participate and become members can find contacts of Club members from our website :
FIAT 1100 CLUB, Bangalore - Home

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks