Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 15:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

guys do you know anything about this rolls royce got the pic from PB site

its a 1927 rolls royce
it looks funny..two seater coupe with a flat bed...maybe it was used for hunting or maybe it was a royal pickup

do you guys know what it is or have you seen it before
here's a pic

Old 27th August 2007, 16:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

amatmo it is a silver ghost boat tailed rolls royce. if my memory does not fail me it has a seat which opens up like the doctors coupe.

Last edited by speedy : 27th August 2007 at 16:29. Reason: information missing
Old 27th August 2007, 17:01   #48
BHPian

well,all said and done, he did save a lot of cars from being exported, and started at the right time to pick up the cream of the classics, i think the only prestige marque that came to india that he doesnt own is a pierce arrow, he has an example of virtually everything else. vijay mallya started collecting about 20 years after mr bhogilal so has far fewer cars, however, they are in much better shape than the bhogilal cars
Old 27th August 2007, 17:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
i think the only prestige marque that came to india that he doesnt own is a pierce arrow, he has an example of virtually everything else.
correction awini he does own a pierce arrow. what he does not have is a deusenberg if i am not wrong
Old 27th August 2007, 17:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
well,all said and done, he did save a lot of cars from being exported, and started at the right time to pick up the cream of the classics, i think the only prestige marque that came to india that he doesnt own is a pierce arrow, he has an example of virtually everything else. vijay mallya started collecting about 20 years after mr bhogilal so has far fewer cars, however, they are in much better shape than the bhogilal cars
well god bless him for that, but i wonder i that if he can manage that for long cause if later he finds it difficult to manage he might himself have to give them away......already if we look at his cars posted in this thread you can see they are not sparkling with life like the ones which come for the VCCCI rallies....you know what i mean right? the colour seems to be faded

ofcourse most of them are in best condition but some are not taken care of too that extent...i hope he manage to keep them that way(i mean a few cars)

Last edited by AMATMO : 27th August 2007 at 17:55.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
well god bless him for that, but i wonder i that if he can manage that for long cause if later he finds it difficult to manage he might himself have to give them away......already if we look at his cars posted in this thread you can see they are not sparkling with life like the ones which come for the VCCCI rallies....you know what i mean right? the colour seems to be faded

ofcourse most of them are in best condition but some are not taken care of too that extent...i hope he manage to keep them that way(i mean a few cars)
he has made a trust for most of his cars and that is why he has opened the museum so that the cars would be in good condition for years together and nothing gets sold off. the cars that are in regular use are in prestine condition and the cars that are in the museum have people who look after them. it take a hell lot of money to paint each and every car so they wait till it need urgent attention. frankly i dont think the people who are entrusted to keep the cars in good health do that. some of the cars are also in original paint and he does not like to touch them.
the cars that come for the rallies are used and polished and made to shine a day before the rally and in the morning washed clean. then they are brought to the rally. the cars in the museum are just washed in the morning and i dont think that too happens regularly.
Old 27th August 2007, 21:46   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
do you guys know what it is or have you seen it before
here's a pic

This Rolls features what is called "boat tail" coachwork. Fashionable at the time, some coachbuilders would build the rear end on the car in a fashion similar to boat builders of the era, in high quality wood grains. Very stylish!
Old 27th August 2007, 23:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This Rolls features what is called "boat tail" coachwork. Fashionable at the time, some coachbuilders would build the rear end on the car in a fashion similar to boat builders of the era, in high quality wood grains. Very stylish!

was there any special application that this model was used for?...
hunting for example......maybe to carry a dear on the flat bed
Old 27th August 2007, 23:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
he has made a trust for most of his cars and that is why he has opened the museum so that the cars would be in good condition for years together and nothing gets sold off. the cars that are in regular use are in prestine condition and the cars that are in the museum have people who look after them. it take a hell lot of money to paint each and every car so they wait till it need urgent attention. frankly i dont think the people who are entrusted to keep the cars in good health do that. some of the cars are also in original paint and he does not like to touch them.
the cars that come for the rallies are used and polished and made to shine a day before the rally and in the morning washed clean. then they are brought to the rally. the cars in the museum are just washed in the morning and i dont think that too happens regularly.
actually after posting the last post i thought so myself

well,now that you convinced me they are safe ..thats a good news
Old 27th August 2007, 23:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was there any special application that this model was used for?...
hunting for example......maybe to carry a dear on the flat bed
not really. it was more of show thats all. if you had your way the car would be impounded in the chinkara case

Quote:
actually after posting the last post i thought so myself

well,now that you convinced me they are safe ..thats a good news
trust me the cars are very safe. my father and my maternal uncle have been given the responsibility to ensure the cars good health in the future.
Old 27th August 2007, 23:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
1958 Cadillac Fleetwood

..They normaly try to challenge you to find the fuel filler - any guesses
Behind the license plate? or emblem?
Old 27th August 2007, 23:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The fuel filler was hidden behind the left hand rear tail light lens. A feature started in 1941 by Cadillac which was followed till 1959. In later cars they were found behind the Number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Behind the license plate? or emblem?
there highwayblaze you have your answer. you are 50% right.
Old 25th September 2007, 21:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
there highwayblaze you have your answer. you are 50% right.

i think its under the licence plate..

as most of the american cars do..

jeeps also used to hav the same type..
Old 25th September 2007, 22:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Superb collection!! Hats off all those involved in maintaining these priceless beauties.
Old 26th September 2007, 09:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And my favourite too. You shouldn't have used flash though. Made some small corrections.
I was wondering on why did Ajmat use flash and then scrolled down to see your finishing, has come out good. It looks better.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 26th September 2007 at 09:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks