Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 23:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi KPS,

The car is coming up very nicely and I like the colour scheme.
I notice that you have not commented on the petrol can and the trailer hook. Again, I take the liberty of suggesting that you keep them with the car. But, whatever you do, do not throw them away. Could you be so kind and post some close up snaps of the can duly fitted? Thanks in advance.
All the best for the 20th.

Cheers harit
Old 18th December 2009, 22:38   #32
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Harit,

Thanks Harit for your support.

We do not plan to retain the hitch which as I stated earlier was locally made and the luggage rack was rigidly fixed because of this modification. We would retained the whole system had the caravan survived. We have restored the luggage rack so that it can be folded. I have also procured a period trunk which will be fitted on luggage rack. At this point we removed the jerry can but we want to fit this at a later date. I am keen to fix the jerry can but we will do it after the rally as there are too many things on hand to complete. We will bring the car home tomorrow and I am very excited.

Thanks and Cheers
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2009, 23:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sorry
KPS Sir,

Can you give some info on the Sunday's Vintage car meet at ITC Gardenia?
Is it a private meet or guests are allowed?

I would love to see your car there!
Old 19th December 2009, 07:09   #34
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

The Rally is open for all who want are interested in cars. The rally is a Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club (KVCCC) event and ITC Gardenia have been kind enough to sponsor. The cars will start to assemble by 7.30 and flag off should be around 9. We will drive through Residency Road, MG Road, Sankey Road etc and finally group in front of the Bangalore Palace. You are most welcome.
Old 19th December 2009, 08:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Yes we having the Flying Goddess radatior cap. This was missing and we had to import the same. Yes Manish, we have the same type as in your post. Thanks for your interest. WE will set this gap right.

Yes we have the copy of the Judging guide as posted by Manish. The Plymouth Club is very active in the US.

Thanks to all for your interest
KPS Great thing, loving it and that too in such a short time. See you in the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Sorry
KPS Sir,

Can you give some info on the Sunday's Vintage car meet at ITC Gardenia?
Is it a private meet or guests are allowed?

I would love to see your car there!
Arun when I spoke to Rajendra, he told me yeah very well we can join.
Old 19th December 2009, 21:13   #36
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Just an update on the car. The gears jammed! It took us more than 4 hours to fix it right!. Interestingly the gear system is a concealed gate gear. This is the first time I am seeing such a system as the concealed gate gear plate is directly on the gear box. It was dark by the time we fixed this. The car did start with minimal fuss and the engine sounds powerful (2.2 litre, 4 cylinder).

Well, the sad part is that the upholsterer could not finish the job as he fell ill yesterday and he could not complete the pending work today inspite of all the encouragement. Fact that his eye sight is very poor once the daylight fades is a problem.

What we enjoyed most was the involvement of other vintage car owners like Stephen, Deepak and Kumar who did not think twice before getting their hands dirty. This bonding motivates us to keep going and I really enjoyed the team work. This also give us a lot of hope and we look forward to a positive outcome

We will get the car ready very soon but sadly not tomorrow. Promise to let you all know when we take it out.

Cheers
Old 19th December 2009, 23:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

KPS, very sad that we wont be able to see your car tomorrow. Hope you will be there. Are you getting some other car?
Old 20th December 2009, 18:49   #38
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Please find some more restoration snaps.

The first is of the horns that will come under the bonnet. The smaller is the "OOaagh" horn. We also have a set of trumpet horns which will be under the Head Lights. For those who may be interested the car in the back ground is a 1920's Austin Clifton.

The next set of snaps is that of rear completed, the luggage rack and tail light.

I have a snap of the Meters which shows the speedo with original odo reading, water, oil, amp and gas meters. Simple and nice.

Lastly is that of the third window which can also be wound down. The handle and ashtray came with the car and were restored.

Cheers

KPS
Attached Thumbnails
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-horn.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-rear.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-rack.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-tail-light.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dash.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd December 2009, 12:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dear KPS.

What happend with the car. Were you able to complete it and participate in the drive as you had planned ?

Please do put up detailed pics of the restored car.

BTW what are those three holes on top of the dash, above the meters for? are they for panel lights and an ignition switch in the center ?

Wasif

Last edited by wasif : 22nd December 2009 at 12:14.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:26   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Meaning Klaxon type horn?

Quote:
The smaller is the "OOaagh" horn.
KPS
Old 23rd December 2009, 07:42   #41
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes Mr. Balan this is an original Klaxon Horn.

Dear Mr. Wasif, I had posted earlier that we could not make it as the gears got jammed and upholster could not meets the deadline. Anyways since we have missed the rally, we have taken up to complete the full job. We are unhappy wih the quality of crome we have decided to redo the same as the new person has new equipment and power is good. Since the car was in the open for may we have found some deep rust in some parts which we will redo too. Hence will give one more coat of paint so as to have consistency in the finish.
The holes above the meters are for 1) Free Wheeling Switch 2) Choke & 3) Accelerator (Cruise Control!)

Cheers
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dear Mr. Wasif, I had posted earlier that we could not make it as the gears got jammed and upholster could not meets the deadline. Anyways since we have missed the rally, we have taken up to complete the full job. We are unhappy wih the quality of crome we have decided to redo the same as the new person has new equipment and power is good. Since the car was in the open for may we have found some deep rust in some parts which we will redo too. Hence will give one more coat of paint so as to have consistency in the finish.
The holes above the meters are for 1) Free Wheeling Switch 2) Choke & 3) Accelerator (Cruise Control!)

Cheers
Hi KPS,

Can you give me the address of your chrome plater (the new one), I have few parts to give for plating.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:51   #43
BHPian

Wonderful narrations, i can see the spirit and love that you have in the restoration of a timeless beauty. Please do post the final pictures when completed
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Sorry to hear that, I ahd assumed that you were able to get the gears working again.

Regarding the free wheeling switch any idea how the system works ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are unhappy wih the quality of crome we have decided to redo the same as the new person has new equipment and power is good. Since the car was in the open for may we have found some deep rust in some parts which we will redo too. Hence will give one more coat of paint so as to have consistency in the finish.

Cheers
Hi KPS,
Well, as I have mentioned before, do not hurry!
Regarding the chrome, new equipment is not the criteria for good chrome, and I am not clear what you mean by 'power is good'. There are many factors, the cleaning process, the chemicals used, copper layer should be put. A proper chrome process is a bit expensive, but then it will last.
I suggest that you please get only 1 item chromed, check it and then do the rest. You know very well that every time you chrome, the metal gets eroded, becomes thiner till you find holes. I dare suggest that you find out about this chrome guy in Delhi, he is very good. I have seen his results.
What is this 'deep rust' you talk about? I feel that metal was not treated or worked on properly before painting, maybe because of the rush. If you like, post some pictures to give suggestions.
Are you sure the car had 'cruise control'?

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks