Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 14:32   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: ISI Helmet for INR 9/- only! Droom.in sale on 15th June 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Guess the assumption that 'ISI Certification' assures some level of quality is literally 'torn to pieces' with this video.
And Droom reiterates that the helmet is meeting ISI standards. So much for ISI standards!

Their reply on the video -

Quote:
Thanks a lot for highlighting and bringing this to our notice. Droom is not only promoting but is also firmly committed to the customer’s safety. We have enquired with the seller and seller has again confirmed to us that the helmets meet the required safety standards and are ISI marked.

The seller has also highlighted to us that most of the helmet are tested for shock, collision and scratch and the action of squeezing a helmet rarely occurs even in an unfortunate event of a road accident. That being said, Droom is all about customers and we are reviewing the matter on top priority.

We ensure you that if helmets of reported seller are held spurious and not what they meant to be or if we find that seller has not been honest and transparent about the condition of the helmet, he will be permanently barred from selling on Droom market-place.

Droom is not only sensitive about quality of the helmets but also conforms to the road safety and traffic rules. Please write to us at support@droom.in for further assistance.
Thanks,
Team Droom

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st January 2018 at 14:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:41   #62

I had already posted a review video of the helmet showing the poor quality. Here is another better quality review and video of the tear-down.

Since, I had purchased the helmet once, let me check with a lawyer friend about filing a case on Droom in the consumer forum or in a court.

I am not monetarily impacted by buying the helmet since it was very low in price. But sellers like this one playing with the lives of people shouldn't be left on the streets. Especially with the tagline of 'ISI marked' helmet.
saitanay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 14:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitanay View Post
I had already posted a review video of the helmet showing the poor quality.

From the above video, I feel the shock taking impact is really good. Considering just the 1st blow, nothing major happened to the helmet, apart from front visor flying off.
And secondly, laying the helmet on ground cannot be a realistic way of a "crash test". The helmet is always suspended in air ( on someone's head) when it takes the first impact.
The way the reviewer is clobbering the helmet, I suppose any helmet will meet the same fate.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 3rd February 2018 at 14:40.
Old 3rd February 2018, 20:58   #64
BHPian

That's scary. It ain't the least good.
Long back I tried to destroy an Aerostar GTS of 2002 vintage some time around 2009. That thing didn't break even after multiple blows with a 2 pound long hammer if not more. The shell did flex a bit while being hit & it jumped around with each blow. Threw it away having failed in my destruction test, happily though.

Last edited by Rennjit : 3rd February 2018 at 20:59.
Old 3rd February 2018, 21:46   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitanay View Post
I had already posted a review video of the helmet showing the poor quality. Here is another better quality review and video of the tear-down.

I am not monetarily impacted by buying the helmet since it was very low in price. But sellers like this one playing with the lives of people shouldn't be left on the streets. Especially with the tagline of 'ISI marked' helmet.
I'm nitpicking here; but the Droom helmet is hit with the face of the bat facing us; while it isn't when hitting the Jade helmet. Now technically it doesn't matter; but if I recollect my playing days; our arms are able to deploy a significantly lot more force when we hold the face up front than the other way. If anyone doubts it, get hold of a cricket bat and give it a try

Anyway this is nitpicking; the helmet shouldn't crack up in the manner it did. That's one pathetic product everyone should avoid like the plague. Even the roadside helmets that are sold on highways/main streets will last better than this.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 3rd February 2018 at 21:54.
Old 6th February 2018, 10:32   #66
BHPian

I was actually looking to get this helmet but I was not sure of it's quality. Good that I stumbled upon this thread and have now decided to do against buying it.

I, however, went ahead and got the car perfume/air freshener in an offer where I got the entire amount as cashback after having paid it from paytm. Got the product yesterday and I must say that it is impressive given the fact that it came free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks