Team-BHP - The Riding Gear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   The Riding Gear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/42000-riding-gear-thread-10.html)

Hi all, I am from delhi and own the second generation Unicorn. I used to drive 40 km/day. I am looking to buy a gloves which can ease my driving and also for a protection and style. The glove should be usable in both summer and winter, both are the extreme in Delhi. My budget would be something within 2K. So suggest me the options.

Dreams, for that budget I would recommend looking up cramster, dsg and another brand that RSA from Pune (manav any links for this one) had started with. All of them I am told are good bang for th money you'd be spending and look quite flashy too.

manson.

You people are the experts here. Please advice which one should I go, from the ones you have suggested. I will close my eyes and purchase it :)

It should be flashy, looking good and most importantly VFM. I am not looking for the glove which is somewhat full hand, that comes till the area where we place our watch. (Hope I am clear)

Also let me know where I can get it from Delhi. If possible you can let me know whether I can order it through online. This would suffice me a lot, since I am new to Delhi and very bad in Hindi :)

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 1450164)
You people are the experts here. Please advice which one should I go, from the ones you have suggested. I will close my eyes and purchase it :)

It should be flashy, looking good and most importantly VFM. I am not looking for the glove which is somewhat full hand, that comes till the area where we place our watch. (Hope I am clear)

Also let me know where I can get it from Delhi. If possible you can let me know whether I can order it through online. This would suffice me a lot, since I am new to Delhi and very bad in Hindi :)

Thanks.

Cramster ships all over the country.

Cramster Gear Co.: Stuff more than enough! - India's first premium bike luggage - Saddlebags, Tankbags and more...

^^ Thanks a lot for the link. I have gone through Cramster and DSG. I have shortlisted some of the gloves which seems to be good for me and well within my budget. I knew, if it is more flashy and enhanced then the price would be costlier, so one of the glove model I have shortlisted is way above my budget, but it looks real cool :)

Please help me out in choosing them according to the criteria below,
1. Should be comfortable on palm/hand. (I am basically looking for a short glove)
2. Should be wearable on both winter and summer (extreme conditions)
3. Should be waterproof or it should be wearable during rains too. (In delhi cant predict when it rains)

Now the models and features,

Cramster

1. MX3 - Riding gloves
Enhanced** for City/Daytrip
ABS/Carbon Knuckle Protection
100% Genuine Leather** Palm
Injection Moulded Strips on Fingers
Lycra Finger Border for Comfort Fit.
Quick Dry Surface Shell

Usage: Dry Weather General Purpose

INR 1100/-
Shipping (Within India): INR 50/-

**Lasts Upto 4 Times longer than Amara/Synthetic Leather

PlanetDSG

1. Alpinestars Dual Gloves : 09 Red Black [35645830]
Airprene and mesh upper.

Longer cuff
for extra protection.
Single layer anti-bacterial Nash palm with internal foam padding.
Sonic welded TPR protection
on the back of the hand.
Built-in goggle wiper on 1st finger.
Anatomical Velcro® wrist closure.Rs1,999.00

2. Alpinestars Raven Gloves Red
Blending high levels of protection with supreme comfort, the Raven glove offers the best of a sports glove and a short glove, with added ventilation

Synthetic suede palm with leather reinforcements for improved grip and protection
Leather with EVA foam padding at finger knuckles and top knuckle protection
Breathable stretch material panels for comfort and fit
Mesh panels at fingers, thumb and cuff for added ventilation
Neoprene cuff and synthetic suede strap for comfort and secure fit

Rs3,099.00 Rs2,399.00

3. AXO Pro Race Gloves Red [MS4L0003R00]
Goat skin leather
Pittards® Digital Leather on the palm and thumb reinforcement
Carbon fibre knuckle protector
Perforated leather on the back and fingers
Fingers sidewalls in Nylon fabric
Rs3,899.00 Rs2,999.00 - Out of my budget, but looks really cool.

4. Moto Mesh Gloves Red [DGTS002R]
Amara Fabric & Mesh Construction
Hard Knuckles for Protection
Vented Palm for better air flow
Short gloves ideal for hot city riding
Rs850.00 - Not satisfactory, but thought should mention because of the low price

Let your advices/suggestions flow bhpians.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 1451860)
^^ Thanks a lot for the link. I have gone through Cramster and DSG. I have shortlisted some of the gloves which seems to be good for me and well within my budget. I knew, if it is more flashy and enhanced then the price would be costlier, so one of the glove model I have shortlisted is way above my budget, but it looks real cool :)

Please help me out in choosing them according to the criteria below,
1. Should be comfortable on palm/hand. (I am basically looking for a short glove)
2. Should be wearable on both winter and summer (extreme conditions)
3. Should be waterproof or it should be wearable during rains too. (In delhi cant predict when it rains)

Now the models and features,

Cramster

1. MX3 - Riding gloves
Enhanced** for City/Daytrip
ABS/Carbon Knuckle Protection
100% Genuine Leather** Palm
Injection Moulded Strips on Fingers
Lycra Finger Border for Comfort Fit.
Quick Dry Surface Shell

Usage: Dry Weather General Purpose

INR 1100/-
Shipping (Within India): INR 50/-

**Lasts Upto 4 Times longer than Amara/Synthetic Leather

I have been using the Cramster MX-3 for the past one year now and am completely satisfied with their feel and comfort(they have not yet taken a fall so I cannot comment about their crash worthiness) But please examine the stitching minutely before you purchase them. I had to get mine exchanged after a week of use, but no issues since then.

thanks for your feedback mate..will wait for feedbacks on the other models and then choose.

Any good helmet shops in Pune? My current helmet (basic Studds Jade) is now quite old with all the padding peeling off and I want to upgrade to a better helmet. I had a quick look in Champions Sports on Deccan while buying a helmet for my wife but they seem to only have 1 size per helmet model!

I don't want to go for something too flashy or expensive but something which is reliable, comfortable and has decent looks.

Which jacket to pick out of these three?

DSG Nero Jacket - Rs5,250.00

DSG Maze Jacket : Black - Rs5,999.00

Raptor Cramster: India's first premium bike luggage (saddlebags tankbags) and riding gear (Jackets Gloves)

I have a Cramster K2K . The armour/padding riding jackets have, is supposed to be held in place , isn't it ? Mine doesn't , the padding doesn't stay firmly on the shoulder. I have to adjust it and place it over the cuff by hand mostly. Does this mean the jacket is not a good fit , it's large size, medium didn't feel right either. This would mean than any riding jacket should fit snug in order to keep the padding from moving about.

Your gyaan ?

Didn't you try one before purchasing?Just checked they don't have any dealer in pune, DSG has. I took it otherwise.

i am using Nero since almost 2 years now,would recommend it:)
have used it in rains,extreme winters,it does the job well

Akshay, How is the fit? Does the armour holds it's place? Would be great, If you post your pic wearing it.
BTW I reside in Mohali too.. would be even better, If we can meet and check out the gear.

@Gill sure you can check out the gear
just let me know when,i will be in mohali till sunday

anyways here are the pics of Nero DSG

Disclaimer-that R1 aint mine-Sigh

Woah, akshay, do you have a photochromatic visor? How is it tinted in the first shot but clear in the second!?