Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 15:44   #6706
BHPian

Today I read about this badly mangled Sumo.

Apparently, it was waiting at Vidyasagar Setu toll gate behind a truck, when a trailer rammed it from behind, resulting in a sandwich.

All 5 people in the sumo succumbed to injuries.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Metro | Trailer kills five at toll plaza
Old 25th August 2010, 17:58   #6707
Senior - BHPian

banged up linea spotted at gurgaon
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0888.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 09:16   #6708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
One OT question: isn't that on Diamond District's parking sticker?
I am not sure about Diamond District. But I have such stickers on some cars.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:38   #6709
BHPian

Driving is a thrill.. But..

Dear friends,
Everyday, we read about accidents involving many get injured and dead. As readers, we tend to forget about the news after reading. News papers also generally do not chase up the cases (not practical also).
My recent visit to one of my distant cousins was a real eye-opener to me. while driving his maruti800 back from a shopping in the night, the car collided with a bus. My cousin and family was lucky enough to escape with injuries. It has come as a very small news in the local news papers on the next day of accident. He was a bank employee. After the accident, he was bed-ridden for nearly one year and after about 2 years of the accident, new he started slowly walking with so many supports !!! The discussions I had with him, I can never forget in my life.
What he said essentially is that "accidents happen due to a 'minor' mistake. But the cost you have to pay for such a small mistake is too heavy to imagine. You should remember my state while starting your car. Never risk your beloved life for any driving-thrills..."
Once more I say, friends, be very careful while behind the steering, Accidents can happen even if you are very careful. But, your carefulness will avoid many tragedies in your life.
For those who do not agree with me, I request kindly visit some of your friends/relatives who are the victims of such accidents and see how the accident 'thrown them back' in their life by years...
The small child who happen to loose life in front of our car is also the ever-loved child of another man like us...
Old 26th August 2010, 16:33   #6710
Senior - BHPian

found this on the internet, not sure if this posted here

Old 26th August 2010, 23:00   #6711
Senior - BHPian

A WagonR taking rest enroute Perinthalmanna - Pattambi route
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-w1.jpg
Old 27th August 2010, 11:10   #6712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Attachment 413937
it looks like a maruti 800. judging by the design of the rim and the shape of the side moulding and the front bumper.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:02   #6713
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks like an 800. The rims and the bumpers are a give away.

Wonder what happened there to be toppled in such a way. Any insights?
Old 27th August 2010, 13:18   #6714
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on my way from Dras to Srinagar. This red Tavera was trying to overtake another tavera from the same group and it toppled and went in the valley below. Luckily all 7 passengers survived but the driver was a bit serious.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc05826.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc05830.jpg  

Old 27th August 2010, 13:53   #6715
BHPian

Saw a silver alto flip and come to a rest on it's side yesterday on the dnd heading towards delhi around 6-6:30. couldnt take any pics as it wouldnt have looked very nice. driver swerved from the extreme left lane to avoid people standing on the side and flipped the car. any body know about the plight of the driver. couldnt find out about him. rest of the passengers were fine. really shocked me, was like something out of the worlds wildest police chases.
Old 27th August 2010, 14:50   #6716
BHPian

@ Toyota Fortuner video: Looks like a high-speed-sprint-gone-outta-control accident.
Did y'all notice the guy who flipped the monogram??
Old 28th August 2010, 10:02   #6717
Team-BHP Support

Spotted this Santro on Double-Road/Shantinagar. If you look at it carefully, you'll realize that there is a massive, gaping hole in the wind-screen!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26082010066.jpg

Also spotted this badly mangled Hyundai i20 being towed. I spotted it at Corporation Circle and was with it till Cubbon Road. The tow-truck headed towards Shivajinagar after Anil Kumble Circle.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26082010070.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26082010071.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26082010072.jpg
Old 28th August 2010, 10:26   #6718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Attachment 413937
That for sure is an M800. Also spotted a crashed nissan micra in black yesterday night somewhere in Indirapuram. Sorry no pics.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:14   #6719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Dear friends,
Everyday, we read about accidents involving many get injured and dead. As readers, we tend to forget about the news after reading. News papers also generally do not chase up the cases (not practical also).
My recent visit to one of my distant cousins was a real eye-opener to me. while driving his maruti800 back from a shopping in the night, the car collided with a bus. My cousin and family was lucky enough to escape with injuries. It has come as a very small news in the local news papers on the next day of accident. He was a bank employee. After the accident, he was bed-ridden for nearly one year and after about 2 years of the accident, new he started slowly walking with so many supports !!! The discussions I had with him, I can never forget in my life.
What he said essentially is that "accidents happen due to a 'minor' mistake. But the cost you have to pay for such a small mistake is too heavy to imagine. You should remember my state while starting your car. Never risk your beloved life for any driving-thrills..."
Once more I say, friends, be very careful while behind the steering, Accidents can happen even if you are very careful. But, your carefulness will avoid many tragedies in your life.
For those who do not agree with me, I request kindly visit some of your friends/relatives who are the victims of such accidents and see how the accident 'thrown them back' in their life by years...
The small child who happen to loose life in front of our car is also the ever-loved child of another man like us...
Agree with you completely!
My dad was just telling me about a customer who came to his office. The lady had to do everything on her own as her husband met with an accident while on the bike. He was not wearing a helmet. He lost his control when the bike went over a small stone and fell down. Unfortunately his head hit the road pavement and he is bed ridden for the last 3 years in a state next to coma. Just think, just because that guy did not show the seriousness to wear a helmet, the ones suffering more is his family!

All T-BHPians can take something like an oath to promote safe driving!
Old 29th August 2010, 15:17   #6720
BHPian

Accident seen near Kannur, Kerala on 25 August, 2010

See how the driver cabin of a huge container can get transformed in an accident !! Imagine the impact !
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kannur25august2010.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks