Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 14:15   #35716
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
We have craters for potholes filled with water which are very difficult to identify.
I missed to put memory card in dashcam, but saw an incident today.

My kid was sick so I'm taking her to hospital in car and I always honk and slowdown at intersections.

A father is bringing his kid to school on a motorcycle. Both of them are not wearing helmets and kid is sitting on petrol tank as usual.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bike.png

Green arrow is my path and Yellow is bike and red circle is the pothole.

To avoid going through the pothole, he tried to turn immediately to right, instead of going to other lane.

The moment he saw me, he started wobbling and luckily managed not to fall. I stopped well ahead, but it could be dangerous if he took the turn little fast without expecting vehicles.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 14:51   #35717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That is an elite i20 facelift.
Yes. you are right. Here's the video. From the video, it looks like side impact at high speed.

Old 28th July 2022, 19:19   #35718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability.
https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
Toyota is to be blamed here. In fact Toyota should be sued for going against 'the natural selection'. Considering the conditions of our roads, the surroundings and our general apathy towards other road users safety stays constant, the lesser the driving-vloggers on the road, safer our roads would be. Stray cow menace on our roads is a known hazard. There is very less one can do even when paying full attention on the road in such situations. These driving-vloggers are potentially endangering other road users. Driving is a full time business. You can't be holding camera in one hand and steering with other, thinking of your lines in your head while engaging and constantly talking to your followers. Absolute zero sympathy for this guy.
drnilswap is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 19:52   #35719
BHPian

I have followed quite a few of his videos with great interest.

I always thought he was posting videos from his dashcam. What was this nonsense of holding a phone with his left hand and driving a Fortuner with just one hand on a highway?

I will not believe that he hit a cow unless there is video evidence.
Nalin1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 20:21   #35720
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber....
Looks staged by his childish drama. No way I'm accepting any "Stray Cow On Road" theory unless he has clear video evidence, presented in a brief & simple way.

Also, what kind of person makes a spectacle out of their tragedy!

These people are the personification of the product created by the culmination of lowest common multiple, wherein YouTube pays based on view-count & a few advt clicks. Advertiser's paying YouTube based on number of views must be pretty stupid to be spending money in building a brand among people who watch his channel. I could never make myself tolerate the fake pretentious silliness of this "YouTube-r". Same with that "FlyingBeast" fellow. Or even Faisal Khan.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2022 at 09:30. Reason: Your post has been split, as ArTigor's post has been moved to a new thread.
WorkingGuru is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 21:46   #35721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
As per newspaper article, it's a tyre burst and they hit a stationary truck.
Cops have a different story, they said an unknown vehicle hit them and sped away, they are tracing the vehicle.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 06:20   #35722
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Let's call a spade a spade. The way he drives is the issue. You're a vlogger, you're famous doesn't mean that you should use one hand for driving and one for holding mobile phone.
What an irresponsible animal. Must investigate if the cow was crossing recklessly with one leg holding a camera. No wait … that would be …

On a serious note, while stray cattle crossings are indeed a danger on our highways, these comical vloggers are no less of a menace. Totally with BoneCollector’s observations here. But the comments on his channel seem to endorse the intellect of the majority follower base as well.
Axe77 is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:21   #35723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
But the comments on his channel seem to endorse the intellect of the majority follower base as well.
This is because the negative comments are deleted by channel owner. This is the way followed by most channel owners. I had commented on that channel, that how much more irresponsible he can be, but the comment got deleted.

While I say this accident was 100% drivers fault, can't wonder why the cattle presence in the Madhyapradesh highways are way way higher than other states? Why, Gujarat which is the land of cows don't have this much problem compared to MP? This is from my experience.
Vasuki is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:33   #35724
Team-BHP Support

ArTigor's accident story has been moved to a new thread.

Truck's extra-wide load smashes off our rickshaw's roof & hits me in the head

Rehaan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:07   #35725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... stray cows charge into your path.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
... will not believe that he hit a cow unless there is video evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Looks staged by his childish drama. No way I'm accepting any "Stray Cow On Road" theory
The front member of the Fortuner has a 90 degree bend. Only an impact to a solid/rigid object such as a rear corner of a truck can create such a bend and not by colliding with a flesh and bone cow with no right angles.

Moreover no cow could have walked away from this collision, there are no bloodstains on any of the car parts in the front or on the road. Its a clean metal to metal collision with spilt coolant.

Most likely he rear ended a truck.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 29th July 2022 at 10:09.
for_cars1 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:13   #35726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An i20 passes on the other lane and just behind it was a scooter. I suppose the ladies riding the scooter didn't see the huge pothole, probably due to the car in front and they went full throttle into it.
When riding a two wheeler with maintaining a safe distance also avoid riding in the centre of the vehicle in front as any obstacle on the road or even a pothole will be in the centre of the car and you would end up being in its path. Also don’t ride directly behind the rear tyres as objects on the road can be thrown towards you.

And when one is driving a four wheeler always slow down even if you’re not going to hit or enter a pothole so that vehicles behind you can get altered as well and are not caught off guard.
SnS_12 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:17   #35727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I literally saw the older lady at the back slapping her head on the tarmac like a rag doll and that was super scary. Her commitment to wearing a helmet in spite of being a co-passenger really saved her life.

I got down after pulling over and they were alright except for a few minor bruises and being visibly shaken.
This video is worth a 1000 lectures! After watching this, if anyone still makes the usual excuses for the pillion and rider not wearing full-face helmets ("short distance", "why pillion", "they should enforce xyz rule before this", "low speed", "in my area only", "I ride carefully/have been riding for decades", etc. etc.), then Darwin award! Always maintained that a full-face helmet could be the difference between getting up, dusting yourself and moving on...or needing to go to the hospital for stitches, dental work, or worse!

Quote:
...Yellow is bike and red circle is the pothole.

To avoid going through the pothole, he tried to turn immediately to right, instead of going to other lane.
Unfortunately, pothole or other obstruction or not, this has become the standard way most bikes in Bangalore turn these days! Taking the shortest path, instead of sticking to their lanes. Especially in narrow side lanes. Always asking for trouble if a car or another vehicle is approaching that turn.

Last edited by am1m : 29th July 2022 at 10:20.
am1m is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:23   #35728
BHPian

Quote:
This happens quite often with me as well. Many two wheelers take turns on the wrong lane from the front and even have the audacity to stare

Recently a middle aged guy with a kid on his bike's fuel tank and another on the pillion seat overtook my car from the left when I was making a left turn. I had to jam the brakes to avoid impact. The worst thing is the lack of remorse or acknowledgement of mistake from these people.
SoupRaw is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:55   #35729

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
I am not sure if these are violation against YouTube community guidelines. But i always make sure to report it. Did it on this instance as well.
SandyN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:04   #35730
BHPian

When they take the name literally. "Fly over".

It's the shoddy workmanship to repair potholes putting people's life on danger. I mean how hard is to fix a pothole evenly ?

This was captured & shared by fb user. Road in question is the highway section between Kodakara & Chalakkudi, in Kerala. The scooter rider got great control and he seems so lucky to save his skin.

Asish_VK is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks