Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 10:34   #8281
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This is really sad. The parents should be punished for such ignorance.

TBhpians, please please never let your child alone inside the car. Please spread the word. I have sent the link to the news item and a caution message to all my friends. Please spread the word and prevent this from happening to another child.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:48   #8282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
TN Environmental minister dead on road mishap.
He was on his way to chennai from Trichy for oath-taking ceremony of newly elected MLAs in Chennai.
7am departure from Trichy to reach 10am function in heart of the city, sure the driver would made many to miss a heartbeat on the way before they met the devil.

News says that they are searching for the lorry driver (fled away with lorry), and it is clear case of the innova's drivers fault as he rear-ended in an attempt of negligent overtaking.
When these folks will learn.
Source:The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Minister dies in road accident; probe ordered
Photo:http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/a...nt_638142a.jpg
Follow-up on this: Police have arrested the Trailer truck lorry driver in WB on en route.
As per the driver, the Innova was driving insane speed and before he could move to left lane to let the guy pass, he rear-ended. Seeing the laal bati, he got scared and left the scene.
Based on police investigation the innova reached the accident spot after crossing a toll booth by travelling approx 34kms in just 12 minutes. That is a whopping 160~170 km/hr.
I guess the driver deserved to be dead in the same tragedy, lucky he got escaped leaving one big lesson for those VVIP's driving at insane speeds in every road they are on.

Source: police identified the lorry which in connection with minister's death | ???????? ??????? ????? "?????' ???? ??????????: ?????????? ?????? ?? ????????? Dinamalar & dinakaran
Old 31st May 2011, 11:10   #8283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Follow-up on this: Police have arrested the Trailer truck lorry driver in WB on en route.
As per the driver, the Innova was driving insane speed and before he could move to left lane to let the guy pass, he rear-ended. Seeing the laal bati, he got scared and left the scene.
Based on police investigation the innova reached the accident spot after crossing a toll booth by travelling approx 34kms in just 12 minutes. That is a whopping 160~170 km/hr.
I guess the driver deserved to be dead in the same tragedy, lucky he got escaped leaving one big lesson for those VVIP's driving at insane speeds in every road they are on.

Source: police identified the lorry which in connection with minister's death | ???????? ??????? ????? "?????' ???? ??????????: ?????????? ?????? ?? ????????? Dinamalar & dinakaran
Reisender, do you actually believe that the driver of the deceased AIADMK MLA was to blame for over-speeding. It was the MLA, who started late for the function at 7 AM from his home in the countryside for Chennai & must have instructed his driver to make sure he reaches the function on time. Otherwise, I do not understand why the driver would have been driving this fast, he could have easily been driving 100-120 kmph rather than 1.5 times the comfortable speed on those roads.

It was the MLA who unfortunately was late & actually became late ().

May his soul Rest in Peace.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:14   #8284
BHPian

Looks like this Ford Icon was tailended to death.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tailended-banged.jpg
Old 31st May 2011, 12:22   #8285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
It was the MLA who unfortunately was late & actually became late ().
I don't feel one bit sorry for these MLAs/MPs. I can use words to describe these people but it will not be print-worthy. Don't forget how many people these politicians kill by overspeeding. BTW, they are always in a hurry and they always drive at insane speed. If one does some research on number of people killed on our roads by these morons in last 10 years, I am sure it will run into hundreds.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:46   #8286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
very tragic.

This is kind of a freak accident, 3hours can make a vehicle really hot in sun especially, but car will have enough oxygen. This is more likely a heat stroke death.
No, it is not a freak incident. I'm sure you are right: the physical cause of death would have been heat, not lack of oxygen, but it could have happened in much cooler climates than ours.

When I was a child, there was a big UK campaign because dogs were loosing their lives in shut-up cars. A car in full sunlight in London can get almost as hot as one in Chennai.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:23   #8287
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw these 2 vehicles at M.A.S.S.:-
Wagon R was due for 1st FREE service,i wonder how much free can it be now.It seems it fell in love with a pole.

The Zen Estilo was side swiped by some vehicle just a couple of hours before being brought to the S.S.,was being driven around without any problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-31052011813.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-31052011814.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-31052011815.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-31052011816.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 31st May 2011 at 13:24. Reason: Typograhical errors.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:52   #8288
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The Wagon-R has absorbed the impact really well .
Old 31st May 2011, 18:40   #8289
Senior - BHPian

A tipper-truck rammed into and damaged the wall of this temple near my home at Kerala at 2AM. Truck was coming at high speed from the direction I have taken the snap and wanted to take a right (to NH47), but just went straight.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc02977.jpg

What was unfortunate was that he first rammed into a guy on his Scooty before hitting the wall, killing the man. Poor chap had come down from the Middle East to get his kid admitted in school and was due to fly out in couple of weeks.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:58   #8290
Senior - BHPian

Happened three months back.

Was driving back from Salem and had just stopped at the signal in Hosur (the Rayakottai, Palakodu turnoff signal). It was around 6.45 - 7.00 PM and it had just turned dark. Rain had just stopped.

There was lot of water near the signal and traffic was slow moving. Also with the signal turning red, I had stopped behind an Innova which was behind a Swift and some other cars.

My usual practice after I stop is to look in the rearview mirror. One, just to see if there are other vehicles which have stopped too close to me, and the other, to check if some two wheeler will skid on the wet road towards me... Horror or horrors, I see two big bright lights barreling down towards my car from atleast 10-20 metres away.

Knew for sure, he will not be able to break on time, and just had the time to yell out "idikaporan, idikaporan" (which in Tamil means, "he's going to crash"). A moment later...........

Result:

The Eicher Parcel Mini lorry, barreled into my car. The impact was such that my car was jammed into the Innova in the front. The Innova moved and hit the Swift and another car. Result, a Pile Up!!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26022011051.jpg

The back of my car!! :(
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26022011061.jpg

And the front!!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26022011063-1024x575.jpg

The four of us walked out without a single scratch. I have always insisted/persisted that folks in the back have to wear seat belts and that's what saved the day for them and us. All of us wore seat belts and we all got out shaken but thankfully unhurt.

I was the only one who was prepared for the accident as I saw it coming. No time to move(thankfully I didn't or couldn't as that could have worsened things). My friends did not understand who was going to crash into whom I guess when I yelled out the warning.

The sunfilm for what its worth made sure none of the glass shards hit any of us.

To cut a long story short, total expenses on the car: 4,11,500/- out of which I had to shell out 1.5Lakhs. I don't care about the money as we all walked out safe and unhurt.

I shudder to think what might have happened if we had not worn seat belts or if we were in a smaller car!

Oh, by the way, it was a double whammy as the Tsunami caused more delays and the side panels had to come from Japan and they took like a month. So I got my car almost after 3 months!
csentil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 19:22   #8291
Senior - BHPian

saw this on my way back home; between 4th block and 1st block Koramangala:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_9361.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_9362.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_9363.jpg
Old 31st May 2011, 20:01   #8292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Happened three months back.

Was driving back from Salem and had just stopped at the signal in Hosur (the Rayakottai, Palakodu turnoff signal). It was around 6.45 - 7.00 PM and it had just turned dark..........So I got my car almost after 3 months!
Thats one horrible crash.
Seatbelts did save the day.
You didn't get a total loss claim?

Last edited by Stratos : 1st June 2011 at 11:22.
Old 31st May 2011, 20:20   #8293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
...The Eicher Parcel Mini lorry, barreled into my car. ...
Glad that no one was injured/hurt .

What was the reason that vehicle rammed into your car....brake failure or just that that Eicher driver was coming too fast and did not brake in time ?
Old 31st May 2011, 20:48   #8294
Senior - BHPian

@SumitBahl: Nope. Its a 4 year old car. Depreciation ! 65% on metal, 50% on plastic....

So the other part was to file an FIR and get the compensation from them. Therein lies the problem. It was friday. Motor Vehicle Inspector will come only on Monday. The traffic accident police wing is just a run down shackle with no parking. (You can see it in Photo 3 with Hosur written on the right side). I would have to leave my car there for 2 days and the cops don't guarantee the car's safety!

Also the police didn't want to file an FIR as there was no bodily injury or death and the time taken for this to get resolved is not short.

@Blue thunder: The driver was drunk! So that's another problem. Have to get him to hospital for a blood test in case of FIR and all the related nonsense.

I wish we had thrashed the driver!! Someone in the public hit him and he started yelling that he was being murdered. So they let him go after that.

Anyways as I said, I was personally relieved nothing happened to my friends and didn't pursue it further.

Considering the Eicher lorry size and speed with which he hit us (he never braked, he actually stopped after ramming into us at probably 50 kmph or more), my Civic took the hit pretty well. Unfortunately with the Innova in the front I got jammed between the two. Would have saved me a lot more if it wasn't there! But then one never knows. If wishes were horses or Civic cars then....
Old 1st June 2011, 00:38   #8295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

True, the Innova driver was doing an insane speed. But, to give the benefit of the doubt, most truckers have this nasty habit of changing lanes at will without signalling or warning. Usually happens when they're on an incline and they want to overtake another truck. I understand these truckers need to keep the momentum to get past the incline but they don't have to jeopardise everybody else on the road by their sudden lane changes. I've had many an occasion as this, where I had to emergency brake, roll down the window and mouth expletives at that nincompoop at the wheel. I reckon they've done a good job of arresting the truck driver. That should teach a lesson or two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks