Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 17:34   #22621
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Attachment 1596782

First Ford Mustang in Chandigarh and blown
Any other details? That seems like a weird place to crash, unless the driver swerved at the last moment to avoid oncoming traffic, which still begs the question how that much damage could occur on a narrow public road with low average (and legal) speeds.
Old 19th January 2017, 08:58   #22622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Any other details? That seems like a weird place to crash, unless the driver swerved at the last moment to avoid oncoming traffic, which still begs the question how that much damage could occur on a narrow public road with low average (and legal) speeds.
Either the Bike or the Mustang was surely on the wrong side of the road for this kind of head on to occur. Given what I know about bikes putting on their hazard lights and slowly driving down the wrong side to avoid going 1/2 km further to take a U turn ..
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 09:59   #22623
Senior - BHPian

It's not a head on collision methinks. The bike could have crashed into the car as the car was rumning along a main road and the bike coming out of a side road, from the left.

The pics we see are after the accident when the vehicles may have been shifted to clear the road.
Old 19th January 2017, 11:44   #22624
BHPian

Our roads are real death traps.

25 schoolchildren dead, 36 injured after bus collides with a truck in Etah

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident1_ani_011917103017.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-busaccident_647_011917105553.jpg

Pics from the news article.
Old 19th January 2017, 11:57   #22625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Attachment 1596782

First Ford Mustang in Chandigarh and blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Here's the article describing the Mustang accident.

http://www.drivespark.com/off-beat/f...er-020155.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Either ..... turn ..
Hi All, Please pardon my ignorance or lack of knowledge on car's safety & build quality.
However, browsing through the pics shared in the news article (Shared by Prodigy); is the Mustang so week or the discover so strong to have resulted this much damage on Mustang. Fender, Bumper, headlight gone, Bonnet disfigured. I am surprised to see the damage on the car.

Discover can go back to work after changing its face (Headlights, Tyre, rim & Suspension), but Mustang is a mess to me.
Thankfully no casualty as the post wished a speedy recovery to all.

Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 19th January 2017 at 12:00.
Old 19th January 2017, 12:04   #22626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hi All, Please pardon my ignorance or lack of knowledge on car's safety & build quality.
However, browsing through the pics shared in the news article (Shared by Prodigy); is the Mustang so week or the discover so strong to have resulted this much damage on Mustang. Fender, Bumper, headlight gone, Bonnet disfigured. I am surprised to see the damage on the car.

Discover can go back to work after changing its face (Headlights, Tyre, rim & Suspension), but Mustang is a mess to me.

Saurabh
One main objective of crash safety is to reduce or completely eliminate damage/injuries to car occupants AND living beings outside of the car. What happens to the car in a collision is not a matter of concern, as long as the above requirements are fulfilled.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 12:09   #22627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
This happened on the 14th near Malappuram, Kerala. The driver lost control of the lorry near a busy junction, hitting 13 vehicles. One bike rider lost his life.
If you look in the video, the activa guy at time : 48 second is really a lucky one. How the heck he avoided it? Man this video gives me creeps. Feel sad for all.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 12:14   #22628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

Saurabh
That Mustang doesn't look so bad. Look at how localized the damage is.
Plus, body shells are designed to disintegrate or collapse, and their main function in case of an accident is to take up as much damage as possible to keep the energies from reaching the passenger shell.
That bike, it does not look repairable to me. Its India, so it will be in all probability, but as far as the percentage of damage is concerned, it 1-0 for the ford.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 14:05   #22629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Either the Bike or the Mustang was surely on the wrong side of the road for this kind of head on to occur. Given what I know about bikes putting on their hazard lights and slowly driving down the wrong side to avoid going 1/2 km further to take a U turn ..
That seems likeliest given the front left damage on the Mustang. Also understandable that the car is designed to take damage to protect the passenger cabin, but the heavy damage on the bike is surprising. The broken bits aren't exactly damage-prone plastic cosmetic parts.
Old 19th January 2017, 14:19   #22630
Senior - BHPian

On Ghodbunder Road, this morning. From the frontal damage (could not take pic), it looked like that he jumped the divider - probably dozed-off.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20170119_090212.jpg

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 19th January 2017 at 14:20.
Old 19th January 2017, 14:38   #22631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
Our roads are real death traps.

25 schoolchildren dead, 36 injured after bus collides with a truck in Etah

Pics from the news article.
It pains me a lot to see so many lives lost, specially such kids, because of some individual's negligence and carelessness. I don't know how many deaths are required for road safety to be taken seriously. Why can't we have serious punishments for killers on the roads?
Old 19th January 2017, 17:17   #22632
Senior - BHPian

Road safety needs to start from school itself but in a nation where people are taught to get a license first then to drive, it's almost impossible to do.

We may develop the best roads but it will not help bring down accidents considering just how bad as a nation of drivers we are.

Respect for the law, respect for others on road needs to take precedence over might is right, my way is always right of way and convenience which is sadly the case now.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 19:55   #22633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
We may develop the best roads but it will not help bring down accidents considering just how bad as a nation of drivers we are.
I'd say that improving the roads without improving the drivers is the way to more accidents and deaths.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 06:45   #22634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Road safety needs to start from school itself but in a nation where people are taught to get a license first then to drive, it's almost impossible to do.

Respect for the law, respect for others on road needs to take precedence over might is right, my way is always right of way and convenience which is sadly the case now.
How many of them are actually aware of the road signs. I have seen many folks overtake vehicles in front of them along a curved path on a 2 lane road. Is this not a perfect recipe for disaster. People must be taught how to drive on an undivided 2 lane road first before making them drive on a divided 4 / 6 lane road.
Yes, improving road infrastructure is top most on the priority of reducing accidents. But this alone will not guarantee reduced accidents until and unless people follow disciplined driving and that included LANE DISCIPLINE.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:14   #22635
BHPian

Saw this pic in one of the FB groups yesterday...apparently a Diavel crashed somewhere near the Bandra-Worli Sealink.

Any idea what the condition of the rider is and what circumstances led to the crash?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-duc.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks