Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 19:24   #856
BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
As the great Ayrton Senna said "Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing."
And everyone is a racing driver at Toll Plazas and going for each and every gap that opens up. So never mind and be thankful and he didn't brush your car.
Yeah go for some half gap and throw your opponent to the barriers. Lewis Hamilton used the same Senna quote to defend his Silverstone 2021 antics of hitting Max Verstappen.

Anyway Indian roads are not F1 though I understand that the current reality is everyone sneaking through in toll plaza lanes. Since cab drivers started doing it, remaining followed.

Just the current reality actually...
SidTheChamp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 15:21   #857
BHPian

Another road rage and harassment incidents in Sarjapur road, Bangalore. This has become a serious problem in Bangalore. All incidents have the same modus operandi. These incidents happen in broad day light too. Just wondering what is the punishment for these culprits. As these culprits are local, do police go soft on these people and leave them with warning?

https://x.com/HateDetectors/status/1...916494077?s=20

https://www.news9live.com/city/benga...-video-2399132

Last edited by swoosh : 9th January 2024 at 15:25.
Old 9th January 2024, 16:38   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickdown View Post
Already frustrated and tired due to a long day I drove next to him and tried to confront him and got into a verbal argument. He was just not willing to accept that it’s not right to cut into someone’s queue. On the contrary he was saying that I should not have left the gap .
Good that you didn't escalate it further, but in that argument process, you also seem to have almost cut out the Indica to your left!

Leaving gaps many a times causes someone else to butt in, its pointless going to argue with the other party when we already know they don't follow discipline
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 13:44   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Good that you didn't escalate it further, but in that argument process, you also seem to have almost cut out the Indica to your left!

Leaving gaps many a times causes someone else to butt in, its pointless going to argue with the other party when we already know they don't follow discipline
True, it was a spontaneous response to what I thought was an stupid act by him. But I do accept that I should not have been reckless either.

Driving in India has become a test of patience. Its unbelievable how many fools you encounter on the road every day.
Kickdown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 14:51   #860
BHPian

I never thought I will be posting on this thread with a video of my own friend who had a scary experience this afternoon. So this happened right in front of Tanishq's carat lane, Bommanahalli Hosur Road (Service Road - Towards HSR from Kudlu opposite Pillar 36). A Quick Ride cab driver was apparently incessantly honking to give way on a 2 lane service road, from the Kudlu Signal (Pillar No. 76). So the cab driver cuts off and stops bang in the middle of the road and starts abusing for not giving way. My Friend had a dash cam but was not working so he at least had the presence of mind to record on his phone. Thank goodness he didn't roll down the glass, he is in utter shock and so is a another lady in the car. They fear driving now! Road users and passersby tried calming the cab driver down but he refused to buckle down and was hell bent on breaking the car and causing damage.

Here is the link to the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L8O...usp=share_link

Damage to Car, broken RHS wiper arm.

Please be safe on our unruly roads!

Last edited by Mile10 : 26th February 2024 at 14:52. Reason: Added last line on safety!
Old 26th February 2024, 15:02   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Damage to Car, broken RHS wiper arm.

Please be safe on our unruly roads!
So sorry they had to go through this. Unfortunately this has become a frequent reality. Was a complaint filed?
Old 26th February 2024, 15:15   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.sathyan View Post
So sorry they had to go through this. Unfortunately this has become a frequent reality. Was a complaint filed?
Yes, they have filed a complaint and shared videos with Bangalore Police over phone and on 112. They use this route everyday to drop and pick up kids to school so safety is of paramount importance.

Last edited by Mile10 : 26th February 2024 at 15:16.
Old 5th April 2024, 09:31   #863
BHPian

I don't know of this is the most appropriate thread for this but could not stop admiring this citizen who took a stand against a bureaucrat and did not budge at all.

https://x.com/abhijitmajumder/status...24409850257513

This could have perhaps led to a disaster also but if everyone just gives in to the goons, things will only get worse. Kudos to the dashcam gentleman
Rodie09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 10:20   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
I don't know of this is the most appropriate thread for this but could not stop admiring this citizen who took a stand against a bureaucrat and did not budge at all.
Don't know if he is a politician or bureaucrat, but this kind of name plates are not allowed in private cars.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th April 2024 at 12:52. Reason: Punctuation
Old 6th April 2024, 08:05   #865
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Road Rage - 2 more incidents - 29th March & 2nd April. Earlier one on 26th March

The last incident reported on team bhp was on 26th March. The two mentioned here took place on 29th March and 2nd April which suggest a disturbing increase in frequency.

Even the press have stopped pulling punches albeit with a disclaimer:

Quote:
While the entire incident was captured on camera and shared online, reports suggest that such incidents are more prevalent among outsiders in Bengaluru who often face hostility from locals. However, News18 could not verify this claim.

29th March:

Quote:
In a recent road rage incident in Bengaluru, a car was chased by an individual on a busy road. A video circulating online depicts a person on a two-wheeler intersecting the path of the car, which had its dashcam recording the entire event. Initially attempting to get away, the car driver was observed reversing the vehicle in an alternate direction. However, a tanker truck obstructed the escape route, halting the car’s escape.
Despite the chaser’s persistent efforts to impede the car, the driver maintained high speed, reversing on the busy road. Even when the action shifted to Sarjapur Road, the aggressor persisted in chasing the car even there. Throughout the ordeal, he hurled abusive language to provoke the driver, who refused to halt and instead accelerated away. According to the dashcam, the incident occurred on March 29 at around 10 p.m.
Source with video

2nd April

Quote:
Saunak Ghose, a resident of Kudlu Gate, uploaded a video clip on her X account showing three youths on a scooter chasing her car for some distance from Madiwala underpass to Koramangala water tank. After seeing the video, police contacted Saunak, took a complaint from her, and nabbed two of the youngsters.

The arrested are Jagannath, 26, a call centre employee, and Tejas, 23, a final-year BCom student, both residents of Seshadripuram. In her complaint to Madiwala police, Saunak stated that she, her husband Dr Subir Ghose, and their daughter were on their way to a restaurant in Koramangala for dinner at the time of the incident.

Subir was driving through Madiwala underpass around 9.10pm when the trio riding a scooter demanded that he stop the car. They allegedly hit the car’s window, tried to open the door, and obstructed the family’s way up to Koramangala water tank. Saunak alleged that the youths also threatened her.
Source

Last edited by AMG Power : 6th April 2024 at 08:26.
Old 7th April 2024, 10:53   #866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Road Rage - 2 more incidents - 29th March & 2nd April. Earlier one on 26th March

It is quite disturbing to see the number of road rage incidents coming from Bangalore. I recall an incident that happened with me few years ago when I was in college where while navigating a left hand bend in the road, I had to brake and steer out of the way for an Etios cab that was coming the opposite way since he fancied hitting the apex. When I looked behind, he started hurling abuses at me instead of apologising for running me off the road by coming the wrong side. I was absolutely flabbergasted and told the occupants in the cab to explain to him in Kannada that what he did is absolutely unacceptable. They obliged and I went on my way. Truly pathetic the way some locals over there behave
Old 19th April 2024, 18:02   #867
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this news video on youtube, which was persistently popping up in my feed. It is from Bangalore and the lady was harrowed by her chasers. I have never lived in Bangalore but videos like this certainly don't help put up a great picture.

Fuldagap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 10:43   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
Saw this news video on Youtube, which was persistently popping up in my feed. It is from Bangalore and the lady was harrowed by her chasers. I have never lived in Bangalore but videos like this certainly don't help put up a great picture.
These things are becoming a bit too common, specially in the dense IT corridor section where the pure intention seems to be harassment and looting. Fortunately, dashcams come as live saviors here and the police seem somewhat keen to apprehend the culprits (given that they have no choice with the video footage and social media going overkill with circulation).
OTOH, it would seem that knowing Kannada is also not enough. Nuisance makers will find a way--> https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...0.cms?from=mdr
Surprisingly in this case, the police seem to have a lackadaisical attitude in responding. Vested interests perhaps.
Come what may, it does seem everyone is short of patience and are ready for a fist fight at the drop of a hat.
De-escalation tactics mostly don't clearly are not working and fight or flight (most favaourable) seems to be de facto way of dealing with these buffoons.
ShreyG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 13:29   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
OTOH, it would seem that knowing Kannada is also not enough. Nuisance makers will find a way-->
This is very true. We often feel these thugs only target private vehicles or outsiders but that's not always the case. One of our office cabs with a lady on board was waylaid by a local moron for some minor reason like not allowing to overtake or something. Despite both the driver and the lady being locals, they were held up for an hour. Only after other cabbies intervened, the lady alone was allowed to leave. The driver was let go only after the cops arrived. This too happened in the Sarjapur Road area in broad daylight.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 13:44   #870
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

That is the whole point of road rage. There is no board on a vehicles saying they are outsiders and they need to be targeted. They get into these incidents and then the language thing comes into picture for want of another reason.

As as seen with an actress, language works both ways. But people have to hype everything when it comes to Bengaluru.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks