Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 15:57   #211
BHPian

Re: 7 Habits of highly effective idiots on Indian roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
A similar version (especially seen in city roads with traffic) is the 'aggressive honker' - basically someone who's got a bit of an empty stretch on a traffic filled road and accelerates as if he's driving an F1 car and then realizes the rest of the road a few 100 mts away is still full of traffic; and thinks by honking aggressively, the other vehicles will disappear or magically create space for him out of thin air.
I stay on the 9th floor now and there is a huge building separating my apartment from the main road. Generally you might assume that nearly empty service lanes are quiet. But I can't find a moment even during the night when there is no honking. Occasionally I do vlogging and I can't find a spot in the house that is quiet.
cryshnon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:01   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 7 Habits of highly effective idiots on Indian roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryshnon View Post
I stay on the 9th floor now and there is a huge building separating my apartment from the main road. Generally you might assume that nearly empty service lanes are quiet. But I can't find a moment even during the night when there is no honking. Occasionally I do vlogging and I can't find a spot in the house that is quiet.
+1 to this.

A few years ago, we rented a beautiful apartment in Bombay with big French-windows and a nice balcony with nothing blocking the view (rarity for Bombay apts) that was right on a major road and next to a major junction. It was the big windows & balcony that sold the deal for us.

Within a day of moving in, we found out thanks to the traffic - non-stop honking all day (and night) and loads of dust & pollution coming up even to the 3rd floor, we ended up keeping the windows closed all day & night; all seven days a week. And the balcony was rarely used - early mornings and late nights only.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks