Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 07:00   #136

Re: Unsafe driving by YouTube reviewers for channel views

Internet based platforms like Instagram, YouTube have no doubt democratized the entertainment industry. Being a famous personality today no longer depend on mercy of few big label media houses in Mumbai.

But this has also opened floodgates of audio-visual diarrhoea on our screens and consistent nuisance in public places. For Instagram Reels and YouTube Videos/Shorts etc., people are disturbing public order, doing dangerous stunts, making pranks, entering private properties, showrooms, offices with camera in their hand and threatening others, violating personal space of people and what not.

One can only wish that better sense prevails sooner than later. There is a real world beyond 'like, comment, and subscribe', and that real world social space is to be valued, preserved, and enjoyed.
Old 27th July 2022, 23:39   #137
BHPian

Re: Suspension problem on my Mahindra XUV700 | RHS is sitting lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
I feel the whole point of this guy Vikas buying the car was to make profit out of it and now he is already planning to buy Toyota Hilux which is a completely different type of vehicle. Who would sell a SUV and buy a pick-up?
This is little off topic, but concerns every driving enthusiast.

This youtuber recently met with an accident on NH44 and it seems his fortuner totalled after hitting a cow from left side on its hind legs while driving at moderate speed.Now few questions.

1. Why are these youtubers driving on highways & city roads holding camera/mobile in one hand, jeopardising their and others safety.
2. I seriously doubt his driving skills because I did the same route during night with all the cattles on road and even a drunk person jumped in front of my car but I was safely able to steer my car away.
3. The build quality of fortuner is seriously questionable.He was pissed off with XUV700 after roughly handling it in leh/ladakh,but did not bad mouth fortuner even after having 2 accidents on single trips on plain highway roads.
Old 1st August 2022, 14:41   #138
BHPian

Re: Suspension problem on my Mahindra XUV700 | RHS is sitting lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
This is little off topic, but concerns every driving enthusiast.

This Youtuber recently met with an accident on NH44 and it seems his fortuner totalled after hitting a cow from left side on its hind legs while driving at moderate speed.Now few questions.

1. Why are these Youtubers driving on highways & city roads holding camera/mobile in one hand, jeopardising their and others safety.
2. I seriously doubt his driving skills because I did the same route during night with all the cattles on road and even a drunk person jumped in front of my car but I was safely able to steer my car away.
3. The build quality of fortuner is seriously questionable.He was pissed off with XUV700 after roughly handling it in leh/ladakh,but did not bad mouth fortuner even after having 2 accidents on single trips on plain highway roads.
Yup I saw his vlog as well. While I am happy that he was safe, I am curious to know the condition of the cow which hit his vehicle.

I agree with your point on holding cameras while driving. I think the traffic authorities need to look into these vloggers more in detail as for me if texting while driving is a offense, holding a camera and looking at it and talking is also an offense and it does distract a person from focusing 100% on the road. Perhaps he was setting up his camera for another shoot while the animal came on his way (we never know).

Fortuner is definitely a beast but all the vehicles built are not tanks. Every vehicle has its built standards and will crack if pushed beyond that. Blaming XUV700 for the rattle noise and the break cylinder which is beyond his control and pampering Fortuner just because it saved him coz he was driving does not make any sense.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:33   #139
BHPian

Humble suggestion.

Why not use an 'invidous' mirror when posting links to these guys videos? It will deny them the view count and ad-revenue.

To do this, pick a mirror from https://docs.invidious.io/instances/ and search for the video there.

Alternatively, just replace the video id at the end.

For example the mirror for the tata punch video is: https://invidious.kavin.rocks/watch?v=sjeYKKkH1rI

Invidios is a free and open-source alternative front-end for youtube. It's privacy respecting and as an added bonus it's ad-free for the viewer and it's ui elements are less addictive than the youtube original website.

IMO let's punish these irresponsible drivers by TAKING AWAY the views, 'engagement' and ad-revenue that they crave.

Last edited by Alterlife : 2nd August 2022 at 10:39.
Alterlife is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 22:41   #140
BHPian

Guys, I trust that all of us who are readers and members of this respected forum love and respect our cars.

I was totally aghast and depressed to say the least on seeing this particular video which I by chance stumbled upon.

The way these guys have treated that BMW 5 Series made my cry of blood.

I just want to cry :(

Old 14th April 2023, 23:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
Guys, I trust that all of us who are readers and members of this respected forum love and respect our cars.

I was totally aghast and depressed to say the least on seeing this particular video which I by chance stumbled upon.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rw4K...R.INDIANHACKER
I think we should stop making stupid people famous. I am not going to hit that link and provide this fellow one more view count. This trend of doing stupid outrageous stuff just for grabbing eyeballs/trending/view count is all done with just one intention - Garnering views and subscribers and hence make more money. That should stop.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 02:33   #142
BHPian

Many have said about the ‘giving the beans’ person, will add few more points .

He had reviewed my car, and I wasn’t accompanied during the driving shoot. After the video went live on YouTube, I was devastated on how badly an ‘enthusiast’ can treat a car.

The said famous reviewer, turned off the traction control during monsoon (a big No, IMHO), doing high speed runs (read: illegal speeds), always hard launching the car, even when traffic is ahead and braking way late.

According to me, one should not be so harsh on a Media Vehicle too, unless it’s done in a closed and controlled environment. But, doing in someone’s personal car on a public road is challenging the lord.

Also, I do regret my decision on giving my car for shoot, especially to him. The other YouTuber (The Drivers Hub), on the other hand was extremely careful and obliged with all the safety measures .
GautamJ is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 14:45   #143
BHPian

Quote:

The hell did I just watch!!

While this is absolutely revolting for an auto enthusiast, I can understand the appeal this would have to a lot of people, especially the kind who would scratch an expensive car, or steal logos out of pure spite and jealously. Look at the faces of these low-lives, how they are enjoying demolishing a 'rich mans' car. And Mr. Armpit-Hair, how can one person be so annoying!?
Old 17th April 2023, 16:58   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen few other Indian Vloggers with similar contents. Guess they are trying to imitate "WhistlinDiesel" who does this on a Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
He had reviewed my car, and I wasn’t accompanied during the driving shoot. After the video went live on YouTube, I was devastated on how badly an ‘enthusiast’ can treat a car.
He treats all cars with disrespect. Bangs on the dash to check the quality of the plastic, rips off the plastic protector stickers, imitates Mat Watson a lot (he now introduced "5 annoying and good things about the car". Earlier it was "stick of truth").

Also, he doesn't know some of the basic stuff on cars other than redlining the cars. I do watch some of the videos only for the POV content to see the exterior/interior of the car. I quit after he starts to drive .
Old 19th April 2023, 03:25   #145
BHPian

I would call this absolute molestation. Can't believe that humans could be so....I seriously don't know what to call it..
Old 7th March 2024, 19:00   #146
BHPian

Irresponsible riding on public roads

I came across this while scrolling YouTube Shorts:

I'm just speechless. The guy is hospitalised after his first stunt goes wrong and that's where I thought the video would end, but no. He hadn't had enough. He proceeds to repeat those stunts after he's okay. What really triggered me was the last part, where he sits on the pillion seat like a king while riding the bike, and that too on a highway. Also, it seems like he's wearing a "got bhp?" T-shirt at the end which is the worst part, for it sheds us in bad light. If these stunts were performed in a private space, I wouldn't have bothered to post this, but I cannot tolerate it on a public road.

What baffles me is that the video has 36 million views and 1.6 million likes as of now. The kind of stuff people do for views is unbelievable . On checking their channel, I found that most of their content is just random junk. I'm sure a lot more junk is scattered in YouTube, and the worst part is that there is an audience for such content too. For now, I have disliked and reported the video. I urge you all to do the same, even if it means that the YouTuber gains a few more views.
CentreOfGravity is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks