Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 22:37   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unsafe driving by YouTube reviewers for channel views

This video should be banned and the kid’s father in jail!! I don’t know how is he even posting this kind of stuff.

At almost 21, I am not allowed to drive any of our cars by myself (ie. alone) eventhough I have a driving license. I am only allowed to drive when there is an elder with me.

Have reported the video, let’s see what action does YouTube take.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st December 2021 at 22:42.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:34   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
This video should be banned and the kid’s father in jail!! I don’t know how is he even posting this kind of stuff.
Came here to post this same video!
This is wrong at so many levels. Bad parenting, no respect for the laws of the land, no concern for the lives of other people, ignorance at highest levels, and they are all so smug about that teen's ability to drive.
Unfortunately the kid is going to grow up believing all this is ok and kuch bhi chalta hai. The reviewer ironically has captions suggesting how wrong it is to let a minor drive!
carriage.retorq is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 15:36   #123
BHPian

Quote:

Have reported the video, let’s see what action does YouTube take.
This particular Youtuber tests new cars at speeds of 160-180 on the Western/Eastern peripheral expressways, i.e. public roads and I've reported many times but people seem to like that sort of thing.

So as far as reporting videos is concerned, I wouldn't hold my breath. I have reported many videos of people doing illegal, dangerous things on public roads but YT doesn't seem to care. Bikers riding on triple digit speeds on busy highways like it was a video game, zipping in and out of lanes. Cars being driven in an absolutely insane manner, it all goes. The audience seems to love it.

Makes you wonder how unsafe the roads really are when millions of people who follow these youtubers don't see anything wrong with what they do and promote.
RoadMonkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:59   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I have reported many videos of people doing illegal, dangerous things on public roads but YT doesn't seem to care.
Looks like he had to make the video private for now
Old 18th January 2022, 09:30   #125
BHPian

Came across this video where a YouTube vlogger gets on top of the Tata Punch to judge its build quality. As soon as there is a small deformation his voice and tone in the video changed as he wasn’t expecting that.

Pure Amateur there

saisree is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 12:53   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Pure Amateur there
Reminded me a bit of the Fiat 500 ad

He is the only guy performing the moron-standing-on-the-roof test! NCAP organizations should hire him at any cost!
GeneralJazz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 13:13   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Came across this video where a YouTube vlogger gets on top of the Tata Punch to judge its build quality. As soon as there is a small deformation his voice and tone in the video changed as he wasn’t expecting that.

Pure Amateur there

Even the vehicles with rock solid sheet metals of the last century won't be able to support a decently built adult on the roof without denting.

And he is doing that in an affordable car made in 2022!!!
Five star is for crash test, buddy. The body panels easily go in with just a press of the thumb, and less said about the huge rear bumper.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 06:59   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pure Amateur there

https://Youtu.be/sjeYKKkH1rI
This is the kind of video that makes one feel that Youtube (and like) should be a paid app. Anyone who has elementary knowledge of school physics wouldnt attempt this nonsense.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 08:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
This is the kind of video that makes one feel that Youtube (and like) should be a paid app.
That won't work sadly.
A friend once said that if the brains had developed in proportion to the wealth we would've been living in heaven

Hilarious video though, I had a spot on word to describe the person and his antics but won't mention that out of respect for the animal.

I think he should test a car with a sunroof and then recommend that as an essential safety equipment.
Agree on his hiring by NCAP for cutting edge safety assessments.
shancz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 20:36   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

This guy should really be publicly thrashed…

Firstly cutting that biker off, then Racing on Palm Beach Road, at speeds clearly above 100kmph and mentioning 75kmph by hiding the speedo once he has reached 100kmph.

Unsafe driving by YouTube reviewers for channel views-c40b1aec1c77474c85cebc9772ba1e56.jpeg

https://instagram.com/stories/fasbea...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 29th June 2022 at 20:37.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 22:06   #131
BHPian

Unless Youtube scraps or reduces payment for hits and subscribers, this will continue and I fear, few people may choose it as a career also, unfortunately.

Recently, I read about a Youtuber did some stunts on his Thar and it rolled over and the amount of money he got from the video hits is more than the repair cost.

I'm not pasting the link here for the video as that can also generate some traffic for them. Search for " Thar roll over kerala" on Youtube.

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 29th June 2022 at 22:28.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 22:28   #132
BHPian

No amount of condemnation or reprimanding here on the forum is going to change anything for these youtubers. Infact, by linking their videos here, we are letting forum members go and watch their videos even more, thereby increasing the views and payouts to these youtubers.

Please refrain from linking their videos (Some are already following this)
ToThePoint is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 08:15   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This guy should really be publicly thrashed…
Hearing his voice itself is irritating. Easier to Unfollow such characters on Instagram or any other Social Media handle he is on. That's what I did. I liked some of his bling videos early on. When he decided to jump out of a moving Thar (granted it was moving at <20kmph), just to prove the torque could propel the vehicle all by itself (A lot of vehicles can do this), I decided, that was enough. Its quite amazing the stunts individuals pull of these days for social media Likes and Wins.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 08:39   #134
BHPian

"One mustn't cast pearls before swine."

Modern cars may be mass market, but they're engineered fairly precisely after comprehensive studies. SO many of these are these people lack any working knowledge about an engineered product.

Crudely behaved prudes will be ready to do anything to convince their kind to part with money. Innocent ignorance is not at play here, its too-often a deliberate intent to

But is it fully their fault alone ? They're incentivised to be like that. Ans since the only tool they have is a hammer, they're treating all problems like a nail their paltry targets.

OTOH there are some customers who behave like total pricks and viewers take them to be "discerning", whereas they mostly nit-pick at cars to deliberately to create a negative connotation around the brand like bilious pigeons.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:12   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Here be Tamil Nadu's most followed motorcycling Vlogger. Just watch the crazed fan following he has - Elvis, The Beatles, MJ...a few names come to mind.

The top cops in the state have meanwhile vowed to bring down this guy for espousing a culture of unsafe road use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks