Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 01:38   #61
BHPian

Re: 2 tyres of my MG Hector burst on the Samriddhi Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
Service centre had moved new Conti”s along with new alloy wheel to front and the two Goodyear tyres (including one new from January burst) to the back. They also mentioned that all four wheels are thoroughly reviewed by them (including the remaining oldest Goodyear) and no issues are observed, however I plan to switch the old Goodyear with Conti soon. The relatively newer Goodyear tyre which was bought by me in January without insurance, plan to keep it for 10-15K KMs unless tyre dealer offers some deal for it. All four Continental”s will be peace of mind.
I am just curious why you didn't looked at options like Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/60 R18 ? Extra sidewall and contact patch might be helpful

Last edited by Aditya : 9th April 2023 at 16:18. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
GuyBurnsFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 10:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

The problem seems to be the low profile tires. Owners of Platinum and Signature trims of Alcazar which is shod with the same 215/55/R18 regularly complain on sidewall bulges in the official thread. And these were on tarmac roads.

I remember the OE tyres are Apollo Apterra.

I own the base variant which is equipped with JK UX Royales 215/60/R17 without similar tyre problems.

I remember correctly, Innova Crysta also had similar tyre blowout issues from the initial days, don't remember exact details.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 19:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyBurnsFuel View Post
I am just curious why you didn't looked at options like Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/60 R18 ? Extra sidewall and contact patch might be helpful
Read the thread fully. What he got was the only option authorised by the insurance company under his tyre and wheel cover. He will reply all of them at a later date
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks