Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 17:40   #5626
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

2 days back on Commissariat road the block was massive due to work in front of Garuda mall.

One smart biker took a chance driving through the footpath. He went through. What followed was mayhem, as if a bee hive that was stoned, the entire 2 wheeler population was on the foot path.

Funny enough this was short lived. A full battalion of cops were waiting right at the Ashok Nagar police station. One after another , keys were taken out, bikes pushed in, probably booked also. The BTP were cancelling licenses for driving on footpath few months back. Not sure if they are strict now.

I mean how dumb can one get, to drive on a footpath right in front of a traffic police station ?

Cops had a field day
Old 6th September 2013, 19:19   #5627
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The scenario in The Dhaalli around a week ago at one of the toll booths en route The Surajkund...

Note the wickedly neat manner in which first the little Swift and then the bigger Duster both barged in directly in front of the car I was travelling in...

Hopeless. No manners. Bad creatures. No point in even trying to talk to them, they are vicious looking, evil, uneducated, thuggish characters whom one does not wish to tangle with as an outsider and as a mere visitor to that part of the country.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image316922671.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1457829990.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image2864896829.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 15:29   #5628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The break in the divider would have been seen from quite a distance. somebody will reach the wrong destination. Defensive driving is always better.

In Indian conditions, 80 kmph in my opinion is not a decent speed.
+1 to that.

nothing wrong in doing the speedo you were at except driving at 73 whilst seeing the oncoming blind eyed cartoon should have made you aware that someone has to slow down.
Like some signages on the highway state " better to be late than to be sorry"

Cheers
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 22:19   #5629
BHPian

I am in Kerala on a personal trip, I have been observing the driving habits of drivers. But surprisingly the drivers are better mannered compared to Pune folks. One thing caught my attention is people don't park their vehicle on road. May be this due to less vehicle population.
Old 8th September 2013, 00:02   #5630
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_000760.jpg

The Indica seen in the picture comes too close for comfort for the Jazz which was parked.

The Indica drivers panic comes out sees here and there ,confirming no one sees it, reverses the car and then disappears. I drive for about 200 Meters, see the same Indica parked. I see the owner of the Jazz in the RVM. I stop,walk to him , ask him if he noticed the dent? He says yes, I tell him it was a Indica. I have the picture of the Car and I can tell you where the Car his.

He casually replies; Nah, it was not him. He thanks me and then zooms away.

He admits the dent is new, but god knows why he refuses to accept that it was the Indica

Last edited by sinharishi : 8th September 2013 at 00:04.
Old 8th September 2013, 03:38   #5631
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
One thing caught my attention is people don't park their vehicle on road. May be this due to less vehicle population.
It could also be that most of the houses have parking space. Parking on road is when lack of space is there.

There would be place for 1-2 cars and a bike included.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th September 2013 at 03:39.
Old 8th September 2013, 12:33   #5632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It could also be that most of the houses have parking space. Parking on road is when lack of space is there.
Yeah you are right about the parking spaces availability. But what I meant is people do park their vehicles on road without blocking the traffic ie totally clearing the roads for traffic.
Old 8th September 2013, 12:39   #5633
BANNED

Quote:
But what I meant is people do park their vehicles on road without blocking the traffic ie totally clearing the roads for traffic.
I took the sentence the other way round.

That could be due to awareness or stricter police control for traffic sense and smoothness.

More over the population also is not that high for roads to be crowded always and have a parking shortage.

Anurag.
Old 8th September 2013, 18:33   #5634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be this due to less vehicle population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
More over the population also is not that high for roads to be crowded always and have a parking shortage.

Anurag.
Surprised to see these statements - Kerala has the highest per sq. km vehicle density in the country (leaving aside Delhi), and also has one of the highest density of population. You are actually comparing Kerala - a state - to cities like Pune and Hyderabad!!

In fact considering the vehicle and human population the situation is not far off, when the state will enter a kind of log-jam, with perpetual traffic blockades running to total length of the highways!!
mallumowgli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 21:39   #5635
Senior - BHPian

I spotted an Innova with both the ORVMs folded cruising in Hosur Road. I then noticed that his IRVM was replaced by some kind of display in which a movie was being played. The movie was being enjoyed by the driver too
Old 10th September 2013, 16:27   #5636
Senior - BHPian

@guyfrmblr: that accessory has to be banned imo! watching movies in the rear view mirror?! what next keyboards on the pedals?
Old 10th September 2013, 19:00   #5637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I spotted an Innova with both the ORVMs folded cruising in Hosur Road. I then noticed that his IRVM was replaced by some kind of display in which a movie was being played. The movie was being enjoyed by the driver too
Well may be the driver was watching the movie "Deathwish". Sadly no amount of information percolation goes to make sense in some of us. Driving an Innova with folded ORVM is a sin and adding cruelty is seeing a movie in the IRVM.

I remember one of TBHPians having a sign that read as " Only fools drive with Folded Mirrors"
Must blame the occupants too since none was bothered about their safety nor concerned about other road users.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 10th September 2013, 19:36   #5638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The scenario in The Dhaalli around a week ago at one of the toll booths en route The Surajkund...
Shankar sir, doesn't the cloth at you IRVM block your view???
Old 10th September 2013, 19:47   #5639
Senior - BHPian

Might be a bit OT but something that was told to my friend by one of his "friends" when he got in the car: "hey you still drive with the two mirrors? such a kid you are!"!!!

So some of the drivers out there think that it is cool to drive the mirrors folded in and only learners and amateurs drive using them. go figure.
Old 10th September 2013, 19:57   #5640
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Might be a bit OT but something that was told to my friend by one of his "friends" when he got in the car: "hey you still drive with the two mirrors? such a kid you are!"!!!

Ask them to drive on jam packed roads and with folded mirrors. Let me see whether it will be a scratch-less drive or they would keep rubbing their neighbours.

The wing mirrors when open give your cars sides a little extra width which would help as people who overtake would keep that extra width and overtake rendering your car is dafe from getting touched.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks