Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 13:38   #31
BHPian

Re: Taj Expressway - opening in March 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
They have a local solution to that. I have seen in the Baroda - Surat section local cars/ lorries with local regn numbers are exempt from toll. There was agitation and I heard some out of record compromise was reached to let the work go on.

--Ramky

---------
This is a common thing. Even the toll booths in Gurgaon on the expressway have this.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:43   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
This is a common thing. Even the toll booths in Gurgaon on the expressway have this.
Yep.
And this was what kicked off the guys anger who shot the toll booth attendant last year here.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:39   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
I guess it's gonna take time as there are constant agitations by the farmers in that belt against toll being levied on them. Driving for three days on the awesome tarmac during the F1 event was quite an experience. But yeah, as Tanveer correctly said, it can again turn into a recipe for disaster if not managed properly. Let's hope for the best.
If it is limited access, which I honestly hope it is, then tractors will not be allowed on it. I am waiting for the hoopla then.

I remember from as early as 1982 that the most frequent causes of accidents on the Mathura-Delhi highway (NH2) which was a dual carriageway, were tractors-trolleys going the wrong way.
Old 25th March 2012, 09:29   #34
BANNED

Todays Jagaran had some news.

Opening end of April.
Limited Access Expressway.
Tolls still to be decided.

After the change in govt Gaur's (Jaypee) were expected to be in the doghouse, while Sahara and ADAG were to be preferred. Seems Jaypee's have made their peace with SP.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 12:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Todays Jagaran had some news.

Opening end of April.
Limited Access Expressway.
Tolls still to be decided.

After the change in govt Gaur's (Jaypee) were expected to be in the doghouse, while Sahara and ADAG were to be preferred. Seems Jaypee's have made their peace with SP.
This is exciting news. Waiting for the toll to be decided.
Old 27th March 2012, 21:03   #36
BHPian

This is one expressway I've been eagerly waiting for ages now. Currently it takes same time from Lucknow to Agra as from Agra to Delhi. With this 6 - 6.5 hrs to Noida from Lucknow should become possible. My only concern is all the wrong side village traffic but hopefully with time (and unfortunate incidents) folks would learn to respect the rules.

@sgiitk sir. Any news on when Lucknow - Kanpur stretch (esp from Unnao to Ramadevi) is going to be completed ?
Old 28th March 2012, 12:19   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Any news on when Lucknow - Kanpur stretch (esp from Unnao to Ramadevi) is going to be completed ?
You are talking of the road with which the GQ was started. Remember ABV was the PM and Lucknow was his constituency.

I see work is progressing on the overbridge on the Raibareli track at Unnao. Also, there is some activity going on on the Jajmau-Rama Devi stretch. So may be in a couple of years! The road in Jajmau which is what you use to enter the Cantt has again being dug up. Considering that five of the lcal MLAs are SP one can have some hope.
Old 20th April 2012, 14:20   #38
BHPian

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Haven't heard any concrete new regarding opening of the expressway and the toll to be charges. As mentioned in the discussion, I hope it gets opened in April.
Old 20th April 2012, 15:02   #39
BANNED

I was talking to a head honcho of a private university in Agra a couple of weeks ago. He has a special permit so uses the Expressway from Noida to Agra regularly.

Also, Akhilesh Yadav has declared no formal openings/inaugurations of new roads etc. henceforth. So it must be the tolls and speed limits which are holding it up. Maybe there is some 'up front' toll to be paid as well!!
Old 20th April 2012, 19:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was talking to a head honcho of a private university in Agra a couple of weeks ago. He has a special permit so uses the Expressway from Noida to Agra regularly.

Also, Akhilesh Yadav has declared no formal openings/inaugurations of new roads etc. henceforth. So it must be the tolls and speed limits which are holding it up. Maybe there is some 'up front' toll to be paid as well!!
I heard an unbelievable amount of INR 350/2.2 per km has been proposed one way,that would kill the EW.

OT:Akhilesh Yadav seems to be working.Lets hope his work reaches the desired levels.
Old 5th June 2012, 09:42   #41
BANNED

Saw on the box today. It is now ready, and waiting for toll fixation to be done and notified. I guess this will also entail its Limited Access status.

Likely date of opening July 1, 2012.

@rajnitp1; I will (un)happily pay even the Rs.350 just to bypass Agra, Mathura, Palwal and the lot. NH2 is worse than a local road in terms of traffic. This should cut the travel time to under one and a half hours, and in a safe and comfortable manner.

\I only hope they are able to resist the noise and keep it limited access only. This will be the first true Expressway in UP.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 10:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw on the box today. It is now ready, and waiting for toll fixation to be done and notified. I guess this will also entail its Limited Access status.

Likely date of opening July 1, 2012.

@rajnitp1; I will (un)happily pay even the Rs.350 just to bypass Agra, Mathura, Palwal and the lot. NH2 is worse than a local road in terms of traffic. This should cut the travel time to under one and a half hours, and in a safe and comfortable manner.

\I only hope they are able to resist the noise and keep it limited access only. This will be the first true Expressway in UP.
I guess irrespective of the toll they fix,people would use it as is seen with the kind of tolls that people pay on top of all the road tax etc etc.But this is good news thanks a ton for the info.
Old 17th July 2012, 08:52   #43
BANNED

Now opened

I saw in the paper today that it has been opened for light vehicular traffic. Heavies like Buses & Trucks will have to wait. The length is 165km. Speed limit 100 kph. will be 65kph for heavies.

Mods: Please change the title to Yamuna Expressway since that is its official name. Also, you may add (Now opened)
Old 17th July 2012, 09:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Now opened

I saw in the paper today that it has been opened for light vehicular traffic. Heavies like Buses & Trucks will have to wait. The length is 165km. Speed limit 100 kph. will be 65kph for heavies.

Mods: Please change the title to Yamuna Expressway since that is its official name. Also, you may add (Now opened)
Many Thanks for this info.Has toll collection begun as well?
Old 17th July 2012, 10:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Saw this late. But very true. Bypassing Agra is a worst nightmare. Forget bypassing, getting out itself is a pain on to Delhi Highway. Sincerely hope the Express Way works like a charm for surrounding places as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks