Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 16:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post

Any suggestions for stopover ( clean toilets must) between Pune - Tembhurni.

Also any idea on -- good petrol pump around Temburni / Latur.

Post Tembhurni its Latur as I understand.
On Nh9 between Pune and Bhigwan, you will find many good restaurants particularly at Loni and Yavat. Post Bhigwan till Tembhurni, there is good restaurant just after Indapur byepass and toll plaza.

Don't take Barshi byepass while going toward Latur, you should go via Barshi town as that byepass is very bumpy stretch of 15 km road.

Same with Latur city, don't take any byepass and travel through the city.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:27   #32
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Don't take Nagar - pathardi - Beed - Nanded route, its not safe route.
Yes. Do not go for Nagar- Pathardi - Nanded route. Especially when you're starting at 11AM, it's gonna be dark when you be on this route. Even I've heard of the safety issues on this road.
pkulkarni.2106 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
On Nh9 between Pune and Bhigwan, you will find many good restaurants particularly at Loni and Yavat. Post Bhigwan till Tembhurni, there is good restaurant just after Indapur byepass and toll plaza.

Don't take Barshi byepass while going toward Latur, you should go via Barshi town as that byepass is very bumpy stretch of 15 km road.

Same with Latur city, don't take any byepass and travel through the city.
Great Inputs. Thanks Again Ashish!
Old 4th October 2016, 17:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Yes. Do not go for Nagar- Pathardi - Nanded route. Especially when you're starting at 11AM, it's gonna be dark when you be on this route. Even I've heard of the safety issues on this road.
Ashish,

If the choice is Nagar - Aurangabad route Vs Pune - Latur route, what would you suggest?

Regards,

Balpreet
Old 4th October 2016, 18:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Currently, Latur to Nanded road is in best shape with smooth turmac.
Navi Mumbai - pune - tembhurni 4 lanes road. Tembhurni - kurduwadi- barshi town- Latur : good 2 lanes road except 2 km bad stretch between kurduwadi and barshi. Latur - ahmedpur - Nanded : good 2 laned road.

From Tembhurni to Latur : no good restaurants. At Latur, lot of good restaurants.
Quote:
( My native is Ahmedpur which is in between Latur and Nanded, so I assume I am expert here to comment about that stretch . I travel on Tembhurni - Latur - Ahmedpur route regularly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
Ashish,

If the choice is Nagar - Aurangabad route Vs Pune - Latur route, what would you suggest?

Regards,

Balpreet
Ashish's information sounds pretty solid, also since he seems to be authority on Latur stretch

I would do the Pune-Indapur-Latur-Nanded route in this case.
Beware of Ganj Golai (Latur) though, don't get into it and don't get tangled into the market, but bypass it (right just before Ganj Golai) to keep on NH.

The Pune EWay, Superb NH9 upto Tembhurni will be fast drives.
However, you will need to beat the Pune traffic out through Camp to get onto NH9.

The news about NH222 not being safe is only good as far as night drives are concerned through those remote stretches. With late start from Mumbai, the night-time will be more towards Parbhani-Vasmat-Nanded which is safe than middle remote regions of Nagar-Pathardi-Majalgaon-Pathri.

I had more and enjoyable drives on this NH222, except for some stretches in-between which were not smooth but were under revamp last time I drove in Nov 2015. But, there were not many hotels too on this route in between except at towns. With revamp, maybe some may have sprouted on way. We generally pack food from home.

Last edited by parsh : 4th October 2016 at 18:41.
Old 10th October 2016, 11:32   #36
BHPian

HI,

Thanks all for the inputs given. It helped me plan my trip.

A brief snapshot of the trip.

Onward Journey:

Navi Mumbai - Chakan - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad- Jalna - Parbhani - Basmt - Nanded

I left aroudn 11 AM from Navi Mumbai.

After Exit from Expressway before pune till the joining of 4 laned road to Ahmednagar --> Its a 2 laned regular road, passing from towns & industrial area, so avg speed is like a city road.

Once you join 4 Laned road, till half way between ahmednagar - Aurangabad, its good road.

Last part of road till Aurangabad, not so good. It took me time to cross Aurangabad in Evening.

Then till Jalna, its decent 4 laned, with regular traffic. After Jalna it was a 4 Laned road ( not in good shape though) for 30-40 km ( if I remember correctly)
After that it was a 2 laned ( again not in good shape, lot of pot holes)
Post Parbhani till Basmat, again bad 2 laned road.

Basmat - Nanded, some stretches were horrible, other was just OK.

In all it took me 12 Hours for 600 KM. With 3 breaks ( total an hour 45 min of break in total)

I then travelled from Nanded to Bidar ( This road good till it was 4 laned) After some stretch in MH as well as in KA were horrible.

Return

Bidar - Latur - Tembhurni - Pune - Navi Mumbai.

Bidar - Latur 150 odd km nothing great to talk about. Just manageable overall. Very bad patches and some good patches. This took me around 3hr 15 min.

Latur - Tembhurni --> 2 Laned mixed bag. Again, some stretches were horrible. Very few sections are good. I had better expectations.

Tembhurni -- Pune --> Great roads 4 laned expressway as its called. I didnt mind paying Rs 130 toll for this 110-120 km plus section. Last 30 odd km touching Pune, regular 4 laned ( not expressway kind) had a lot of city traffic.
Yesterday ( 9th Oct) there was a lot of rain and hence water logging on roads, so that took time.

Expressway was smooth as always.

Regards,

Balpreet
Old 10th October 2016, 11:39   #37
BHPian

Balpreet, now that you've covered both the routes, which one would you suggest in case I plan a trip to Nanded?
The Jalna route or the Tembhurni-Latur route?

Thanks!
Old 10th October 2016, 12:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Balpreet, now that you've covered both the routes, which one would you suggest in case I plan a trip to Nanded?
The Jalna route or the Tembhurni-Latur route?

Thanks!
I didnt do the Latur Nanded route. Assuming its same as Tembhurni- Latur, I will vote for Aurangabad -Jalna route. Coz its 4 lane till some km beyond Jalna. Hence lesser KM of 2 Laned road to be travelled.

Regards,
Balpreet

Last edited by balpreetsingh : 10th October 2016 at 12:47.
Old 15th May 2017, 23:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

So what do you think about this route?

Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-wp_20170514_03220pc.jpg

That's the new NH61, old NH222 remade. It is like so most of the way right from Mumbai to Nanded, a very few places, 4 lane too done. However, there are some serious revamp work going on inbetween at some places. The route after Pathri-Manvat is worst, yet to be touched upon for revamp and manageable from Manvat-Vasmat-Nanded.

The best part is ofcourse the Malshej Ghat which is truly a beauty of a road now and still felt rejuvenating in this worst summer time.

Did it just yesterday. Absolutely enjoyed and ripped to hearts content, even if 2 laned, it is just superb, traffic much sparser than other 2 lanes experienced so far. This may soon become a busy NH.

Started at 7 AM, reached Nanded 5:45 PM covering a 553 kms with a break of about 1 hour for breakfast at Flamingo Resort, Malshej Ghat and lunch break after Pathardi included.

It is still a remote road, some dhabas and hotels seem to be sprouting up now that the revamp is happening, there is still time to be looking out for very good hotels yet on this route except for at major towns en route.

Some places, major works still in progress
Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-wp_20170514_03420pc.jpg

A few stretches still to be touched upon and some worse than this too
Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-wp_20170514_03920pc.jpg

Superb GKR (Ganne Ka Ras) at a kakaji rasavanti after Pathardi after fuel fill at IOC Baba Petrol Pump too
Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-wp_20170514_02120pc.jpg

Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-wp_20170514_01220pc.jpg

Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-wp_20170514_01820pc.jpg

Last edited by parsh : 15th May 2017 at 23:07.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 19:08   #40
BHPian

Hi,
Any recent experience?

1) Pune-Tembhruni-Latur-Nanded
OR
2) Pune-Gevarai-Parbhani-Nanded (NS 222)
OR
3) Pune-Abad-Jalna-Nanded
Old 4th May 2018, 21:21   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
Any recent experience
Had driven this route in March. Details here
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 22:42   #42
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries

Don't take NH61. Of 325 kms between Nagar and Nanded - 150 kms is 2 lane countryside tarred road - with light traffic - extremely pleasant to drive. Rest is avoidable... though good patches intermittently. Update as of today 11 May
Old 15th May 2018, 18:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
Don't take NH61. Of 325 kms between Nagar and Nanded - 150 kms is 2 lane countryside tarred road - with light traffic - extremely pleasant to drive. Rest is avoidable... though good patches intermittently. Update as of today 11 May
On return - I took Nanded-Latur-Barshi-Tembhurni-Pune. Roads are great - except Latur-Barshi-Tembhurni which is mixed - but no big potholes and we can drive ~80 for most part in this stretch.

Road suggestion courtesy AshishPallod
Old 5th November 2018, 21:50   #44
BHPian

Hello team

Can anyone please suggest me the current best route from Mumbai to Nanded ?? My friend is doing this drive in his new i20 Active starting from Mulund in Mumbai. Should he stick to Pune--Nagar--Aurangabad route or Pune--Tembhurni--Latur ??
Old 8th November 2018, 22:29   #45
BHPian

Pl see my 2 posts earlier. I also hear Jalna Nanded is not good either. I am not sure - but exploring Mumbai Pune Solapur Tuljapur Latur Nanded may be worth it. I did this long back and roads then were good
naren_gs1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks