Team-BHP - The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Agra - Lucknow Expressway! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/124998-agra-lucknow-expressway-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3107706)
Forget Kanpur, this may be the biggest city in UP but is now a dying city with no industry worth the name which is viable. The Mancheser of the Eas has long been history.

Yeah sir know that and being a Kanpurite :D I hope it does not die and take a rebirth. If the expressway would have passed Kanpur it would have surely helped in developing the twin city concept of Lucknow Kanpur

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3107706)
Actually, they are using two old alignments (NH2) and then NH24, with a link in between to cross the Ganges. This is also an old highway (NH91). ....

Hi Prof,

Are not NHs 2 and 24 parallel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdking (Post 3108479)
Are not NHs 2 and 24 parallel?

No it is NH2 and NH25 which are common from Kanpur till Akbarpur. NH24 is the one linking Lucknow and Ghaziabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3109094)
No it is NH2 and NH25 which are common from Kanpur till Akbarpur. NH24 is the one linking Lucknow and Ghaziabad.

On 09 May 2013 the UP chief secretary reviewed the Lucknow Metro rail project and set a deadline of 15 days for a high-level committee to finalise the alignment and financial structure for implementation of the project.

Read this, folks.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/re...-days/1113886/

I heard that the tenders are about to be called for the five sections. Estimates etc. have been finalised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3549612)
I heard that the tenders are about to be called for the five sections. Estimates etc. have been finalised.

The MOUs were signed yesterday. They did get five companies incl L & T who are doing one section. The Bhoomi Pujan is on 22nd November when work will start on all five sections. There is already plan on the anvil to extend it to Basti (incl Azamgarh, Mulayam's constituency now).

29th August 2012
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2885901)
Sorry a few corrections:

Toll Plazas - Five
Interchanges : Eight
Service Areas: Four

Period is three and not five years. I wonder how will they put up a bridge on the Ganges as well.

30th October 2014
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3567680)
The MOUs were signed yesterday. They did get five companies incl L & T who are doing one section. The Bhoomi Pujan is on 22nd November when work will start on all five sections. There is already plan on the anvil to extend it to Basti (incl Azamgarh, Mulayam's constituency now).

At this pace, not sure if they will be able to complete it even by 2020!

Thanks for the regular updates on the developments prof!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3567718)
At this pace, not sure if they will be able to complete it even by 2020!

Thanks for the regular updates on the developments prof!

I have a vested interest I should be able to get it en route to the YE. Can be from Etawah or Kannauj (provided NH91 is fixed).

This appears to be a brownfield project considering that it involves sections of various NHs. For the same reason, the implementing agency must be NHAI.
Am I right?

Taj Expressway and Mumbai-Pune expressway were greenfield projects implemented by the state govts. without any involvement of centre.

Yes, it follows the alignments of various SH and NH roads. But remember a limited access road will need something for non motor traffic. I do not think the NHAI has any role in this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2884562)
The alignment is as mentioned. It startes from the Agra Ring Road (very near the E'way) and goes near NH92 around Etawah.

So that means the dreaded stretch on NH-2 between Agra and Etawah (I mean specifically the congested towns of Firozabad and Shikhohabad ) can be avoided?

If this becomes reality, one can dream to drive from Shillong to Delhi in just over 24 hours. Takes 30 hours currently.

Lucknow to Agra in 3 hours

http://http://timesofindia.indiatime...w/44977800.cms

If this becomes true even by 2018-19 than it would be a good achievement for SP Government

Quote:

Originally Posted by joybhowmik (Post 3568219)
So that means the dreaded stretch on NH-2 between Agra and Etawah (I mean specifically the congested towns of Firozabad and Shikhohabad ) can be avoided?

By the looks of it yes. The LA Expressway should link with the YE, so yes there is hope. The route takes in all the family constituencies, and is now being extended to Basti (Azamgarh). We are secondary to the purpose.

Greetings of the day!

1. The Agra Lucknow expressway is a green field project and shall be a boon to the entire state and beyond,on both ends.

2. Cynicism aside, it needs to appreciated that whichever areas are falling enroute,shall benefit and these are no "Manchesters" but traditionally underdeveloped areas of central Uttar Pradesh and Poorvanchal (Eastern Uttar Pradesh)(to benefit from the Lucknow-Ballia extension). Contrary to what seems to be advanced earlier on this forum,technical due diligence, rather than consideration for "family constituencies" has been the bedrock of this alignment.

3. The connectivity to a vast and populous region to the East of Lucknow is still inherently poor and merits major inroads.

4. The proposed connectivity beyond Lucknow is not just upto Azamgarh but right upto Ballia.

5. And Basti is not Azamgarh !

6. This extension is not really an all new project as the Ganga Expressway was conceived during the tenure of previous Uttar Pradesh government.

7. As it is,there is an abject anomaly in development distribution across the state.Now expecting the current state government to keep on developing the already rather developed regions at the cost of grossly underdeveloped areas is inappropriate.

8. Focussed development plans are under implementation at all levels of governance-be it Varanasi(PM's constituency) or the current scheme of village -adoption by MPs at the central level or similar such schemes at the state level.Ultimately, the aim is development and any and every project is benefiting at least some areas.Crying foul selectively over any such project-e.g. Agra Lucknow Expressway & its extension upto Ballia-is untenable being deviod of merit.There has to be a limit to cynicism and constructive criticism should prevail, lest one should omit giving due credit to the establishment.

Regards!