Team-BHP - The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Agra - Lucknow Expressway! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/124998-agra-lucknow-expressway-8.html)

ALE is open from Lucknow to Kathphori where it joins the NH 19; previously NH2.

A major ROB at Bnadan, beyond Kathphori, is incomplete .

gents,

can any kind soul tell me if the ALE is now open for public and secondly how does one reach the entry point at Agra from YEW?

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 4123445)
gents,

can any kind soul tell me if the ALE is now open for public and secondly how does one reach the entry point at Agra from YEW?

The ALE inauguration and opening for people is a farce and a joke..a politics gimmick by the CM. Coming from Delhi, if you continue onto the eway, you will hit the first toll gate of ALE just after a few kms, and the staff there will tell you that you cannot reach lucknow as the ALE is not functional. I tried this on new years eve, and finally turned back to get on the kanpur highway, to reach allahabad, my destination.

The ALE toll staff told me that the ALE is only open for some portion between lucknow and some place i cant recollect, not even till etawah, i suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 4123445)
gents,

Quote:

Originally Posted by SX4LOVER (Post 4123516)
The ALE inauguration and opening for people is a farce and a joke..a politics gimmick by the CM. Coming from Delhi, if you continue onto the eway, you will hit the first toll gate of ALE just after a few kms, and the staff there will tell you that you cannot reach lucknow as the ALE is not functional. I tried this on new years eve, and finally turned back to get on the kanpur highway, to reach allahabad, my destination.

The ALE toll staff told me that the ALE is only open for some portion between lucknow and some place i cant recollect, not even till etawah, i suppose.

Please be clear that ALE is open only from Lucknow to Kathphori.

Near Kathphori a major ROB is under construction so the road does not go up to Agra, at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdking (Post 4123517)
Please be clear that ALE is open only from Lucknow to Kathphori where it joins the NH 19 (previously NH2).

At Bhadan a major ROB is under feverish construction.

Thanks for reminding me the name of the place. You are correct, the ALE is only open till kathphori. Thank you.

Got a chance to travel on the ALE on 2 counts :-

Dec 31 - Hardoi exit to Lko post sunset ( Had to be vary of cattle roaming the expressway )

Jan 4- Lko to Jaipur ( via agra)

Nothing more to add than what is already listed by the other members

One thing to note though is when starting from Gomti Nagar and feeding in gmaps as Agra being the destination city it would still not throw up the route via ALE as an option

Had to drive till clock tower and that is when gmaps realized there is an expressway close by:)

I just learnt from a neighbor who is a frequent traveller to Delhi that the Expressway is now accessible. basically follow the NH91 (now NH34) to Aaraul. Then move on to the Lucknow-Agra E'way and follow this it you almost hit the YE. It seems that the old Kanpur-Aligarh highway has been repaired to a good condition. Only a short run on NH2 (old) now AH1. This should knock about an hour and a half to New Delhi.

We may to going to Gurugram in April, and if we do then I will take this route and report. I hear that going to Gurugram Sector 54 (about 2km from the Faridabad-Gurugram E'way), it is best to avoid Delhi. Any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4154314)

I hear that going to Gurugram Sector 54 (about 2km from the Faridabad-Gurugram E'way), it is best to avoid Delhi. Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for the update on Agra-Lucknow Expressway.
Regarding your Gurugram visit, yes, it is advisable to avoid Delhi specially between 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
From YE, please take the exit to Palwal from Jewar Toll Plaza. Palwal to Gurgram via Sohana Road will save atleast 2 hours during peak evening period.

However, if you are visiting Gurugram on a Sunday, please take the regular route via Noida and Delhi.

You can also try Noida- Badarpur-Faridabad-Gurugram. Just follow Google Maps.

@Wanderers; SH222A has gone from Tractorable to barely Jeepable. So Jewar, ie exit 2 is more or less out. We last did it about six months ago.

Our son has figured out a way of going from Gurugram to the beginning of the YE. I am checking with him. I guess it involves the highway from Gurugram to Faridabad (visible from his flat) and then cutting across to near the YE entry.

I am a regular on the Kanpur-Gurugram route, at least twice a year.

This is a screenshot of the place where NH34(old NH91) joins the Agra-Lucknow E'way. Please note you go past the E'way and then do a U-turn.

Hello,
I will be travelling this Saturday from Delhi to Lko starting at 01:00AM, so the drive will all be during night time. I read the posts above but could not be clear on the following questions.

1. Is the ALE completely open and functional?
2. Once the Yamuna Expressway ends, where exactly does the ALE begins?

Has anyone recently traveled this route ALE Expressway?

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTEC POWER (Post 4159435)
Hello,
I will be travelling this Saturday from Delhi to Lko starting at 01:00AM, so the drive will all be during night time. I read the posts above but could not be clear on the following questions.

I haven't traveled on this but I got info from someone who traveled on ALE recently

1. Is the ALE completely open and functional?--Its completely open and functional. While coming back from lucknow at ROB only one side is functional but you can cross that easily.
2. Once the Yamuna Expressway ends, where exactly does the ALE begins? You dont need to get down to NH2 from YE, keep going straight (this is known as ring road) and after toll both you would find a cut which would lead to ALE. Toll booth is not operational yet

There are links and pics available on net showing complete status of ALE.
You would not find any petrol/gas stations or any dhaba so plan accordingly.

On a side note 1:00 AM is probably late and its better to start early morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTEC POWER (Post 4159435)
Hello,

Has anyone recently traveled this route ALE Expressway?

What I have figured out (I also talked to a taxi operator from Kanpur) is that the ALE E'way joins on either the YE or some ring road of Agra. So that is not an issue. Lucknow part I do not know since that involves a Ganges crossing. I did hear that it is also done. What I do hear is that some patches are not fully complete, however these are minor.

In any case my own trip is postponed by maybe six months, I cannot say any more.

I travelled on the the Lucknow - Agra expressway towards the end of February. On the Agra side, the expressway is fully functional (workers told me that it was opened on 22 February). I am not aware of the status on the Lucknow side. I joined the expressway near Bilhaur - which is the obvious access point if the source/destination is Kanpur.

The expressway has a well marked exit into Agra which joins the inner ring road as well as a continuation which joins the Yamuna Expressway. These are functional for traffic in both directions. Some points to note:Pictures of the existing diversions and the corresponding GPS coordinates are given below.

GPS: 26°58'22" N 78°44'46" E - Construction of a bridge is in progress.
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2802.jpg

GPS: 26°58'21" N 78°44'41" E
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2804.jpg

GPS: 27°2'12" N 78°26'2" E
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2807.jpg

GPS: 27°2'13" N 78°26'8" E
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2915.jpg

Toll booth under construction (couldn't capture the GPS coordinates)
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2808.jpg

Some more pictures:

Approach to the expressway near Bilhaur. The elevated road you see in the picture is the expressway.
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2783.jpg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2786.jpg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2794.jpg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2916.jpg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-img_2918.jpg

Hello,
Thank you everyone for your inputs, really appreciate it!!

Since I will be travelling at night I have decided not to use the ALE while going to Lko. However while coming back, the drive will be during the day and I will use this expressway all the way from Lko to Agra merging finally into the Yamuna Expresway all the way to Noida & Delhi. The photos look promising, just that it's not worth the risk while travelling at night on an unknown highway with the family.

Thank you