Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 08:49   #256
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_Om View Post
I am planning to do trip to SOU from Mumbai next month. Considering the NH 48 traffic conditions from Vasai-Virar onwards, anyone has tried alternate route from Mumbai like taking Bhiwandi - Wada road and then joining NH 48 at Manor or Charoti?
Best is to chalk out the route in google maps and keeping the traffic option on set your time of departure, it will show you the blocked places in red and give an estimate when you will reach.
Old 20th March 2024, 09:40   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_RedDevils10 View Post
Hi Team,

Should I take the NE-4 section between Vadodara--Baruch or continue on NH48?

Thanks,
Ajit Nair
Easily take the NE4 section. It'll start nearly 13 Km before end of NE1 and the internal road from Bharuch to Ankleshwar is also in okayish condition.

Will easily save you some time.
msd7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 10:51   #258
BHPian

Drove from Ahemdabad to Pune via Thane. The road condition is changing daily especially w.r.t. allowed lanes , blocked lanes. I had driven to Ahemdabad two days ago. Basically I am not sure why concrete is being done on MH side , whereas tar roads are perfectly fine and well maintained after crossing over in Gujarat.
From Virar entry from NH48 to Thane Ghodbunder road took nearly 2 1/2 hours. It is tough especially at night. The concrete road has an 8-10 inch edge to the old road. So exiting that road to switch lanes as it were is impossible. So there are long queues in all lanes.
For those who have no escape , they must factor this added 2 or 2.5 hours in their drive in either direction , to and from Mumbai.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 00:16   #259
BHPian

Hi all, what is the latest condition of NH48? Has the traffic condition improved recently?
Also, I see in the Google Maps it is recommending to take NE4 and then join NE1. Despite that it is showing 10 hours to reach Ahmedabad.

I am due to travel from Mumbai to Ahmedabad in the first week of May.
Old 13th April 2024, 09:34   #260
BHPian

NE4, even with the lousy road surface, will still be faster as it will be devoid of slow moving vehicles and 100s of cuts like NH48.

Used it last week driving from Noida to Mumbai.
Old 13th April 2024, 21:43   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all, what is the latest condition of NH48? Has the traffic condition improved recently?
Also, I see in the Google Maps it is recommending to take NE4 and then join NE1. Despite that it is showing 10 hours to reach Ahmedabad.

I am due to travel from Mumbai to Ahmedabad in the first week of May.
My cars go to Ahmedabad once or twice a week. Yesterday, the driver left Navi Mumbai around 8.30 am and reached Ahmedabad around 5 pm or so. Ofcourse, they go non stop, waiting only for CNG refilling.

Expect +1-1.5 hours for a normal drive with food breaks. From Bharuch you can take the new expressway which joins Vadodara Ahmedabad highway (NE-1).

If you are leaving after 6 am in the morning take this route:
Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-screenshot-20240413-9.45.298239pm.png

Last edited by blackwasp : 13th April 2024 at 21:46.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 12:36   #262
BHPian

Just did Surat to Mumbai and were lucky to complete the journey with halts in 06.15 hrs.

Friday left at 05.50 hrs and upto Gujarat Maharashtra border is a breeze once you enter Maharashtra the roads are being concreted so some portions two lanes done and the third is drive able but with care as rebars are jutting out. Took halt at McDonalds https://maps.app.goo.gl/bPe6vxM3h4PCgT5DA and continued reached Mumbai-Khar(W) at 12.10 hrs.

Saturday left Mumbai at 06.15 hrs and twice encountered a delay but mostly cleared in 10 mins took a halt at Hotel Ahura https://maps.app.goo.gl/PGiVkMSJknJsuw8r9 for breakfast again reached my home at Surat at 12.30 hrs.
Old 18th April 2024, 12:47   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to do trip to SOU from Mumbai next month. Considering the NH 48 traffic conditions from Vasai-Virar onwards, anyone has tried alternate route from Mumbai like taking Bhiwandi - Wada road and then joining NH 48 at Manor or Charoti?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_RedDevils10 View Post
Hi Team,
I will be doing Ahm-Mumbai (Dombivali) in mid April '24.
Planning to start early 5/5:30 am to beat traffic.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ajit Nair
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
If you are leaving after 6 am in the morning take this route:
Attachment 2594301
Depends on Mumbai location honestly IMHO. For AJ_RedDevils10 the Wada route would be ideal. For others like me in the western suburbs it would depend on the day and time of day.

Did a recent trip of Mumbai - SOU - Ahmedabad - Bhavnagar - Jamnagar - Dwarka - Mumbai in March.

We left for SOU around 630am from western suburbs taking the normal route and were quite okay. Took similar time. An hour later would have been a different story and the alternate route may be better (again depends on your luck in thane - bhiwandi)

However be careful that the MH side towards GJ is a colossal mess with concreting being done, lanes randomly appear and end, etc - Be extremely careful & vigilant.

On our return leg in evening peak hour - leaving parsi dairy around 2pm - crossing charoti in time - the last 65km around palghar onwards took us 5hrs (gmap showing 4.5hrs) - maybe cos we were extremely cautious with the road conditions.

Other few things to note::
We used NE4 on the return.
NE4 is a poorly surfaced road with horrid patches like a city road and is nothing like the samruddhi mahamarg (ME2) - If you are not in a planted car with full load, do not drive over 100kmph - In fact the NE1 feels better.
That being said, it will save you time compared to the routine Bharuch - Baroda section.

Last edited by dvl666 : 18th April 2024 at 12:52.
Old 19th April 2024, 11:10   #264

Quote:
Did round trip from Mumbai to SOU from 11th April to 13th April using NH48.

1. Started at around 6AM on 11th April from Mumbai.
2. Stopped at Vithal Kamat restaurant before Manor for breakfast for 45 Mins. Till then, did not encounter any traffic situation.
3. After Manor, faced slow traffic situations at some places till Talasari due to road converging to single lane and slow movement of trucks.
4. After entering into Gujarat, roads are butter smooth and one can easily coverup lost time. Stopped for lunch at Jalaram Kathiyawadi just before Choryasi Toll Naka for 45 Mins.
5. Started at around 2 PM after lunch and reached hotel near SOU around 3.45PM. Overall, the ride duration was approximately 8 hours excluding breaks.
6. On 13th April, started for Mumbai around 7.30 AM to avoid evening traffic in Mumbai.
7. Stopped at A-One food Court after Surat for 20Mins for Breakfast. Also filled up full tank for Petrol to take advantage of cheaper price in GJ, Rs 94 per Litre.
8. Stopped at Vithal Kamat for lunch and started at around 2PM from there.
9. Faced heavy traffic before hotel Fountain Junction due to ongoing road work. Be careful and vigilant about sudden starting of cement road strech, where height of cement road is minimum 10 inches approx. with respect to tar road.
10.Again faced traffic at Dahisar Toll Naka and near Goregaon at evening time, to reach home at 5PM. So the last 80 KM took 3 hours to complete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks