Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
on above. I may go to Goa next weekend and will take above route which happens to be my favorite route since roads are 95%+ very good and beautiful scenary.

I never tried the Karnataka stretch and not in a hurry to try it in near future as well.
Avi, instead of your patented route via Mohol and Pandharpur, I suggest you take Ranjitp's diversion from Solapur via Mangalvadhe --it is not only shorter, but also has better road surface. And it helps in avoiding those darned trucks till Pandharpur.
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:14   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Avi, instead of your patented route via Mohol and Pandharpur, I suggest you take Ranjitp's diversion from Solapur via Mangalvadhe --it is not only shorter, but also has better road surface. And it helps in avoiding those darned trucks till Pandharpur.
I agree with you on that Venu, those trucks are a real menace and surprisingly found only on that short stretch, god know where they disappear after that..LOL.

How do i take this route? Any suggestion? Because at the bypass to Solapur, you take a right turn that leads you towards Mohol and Pandharpur. So need a little specific direction from Solapur bypass to take the Mangalvadhe route.
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

I remember ranjitp1 posted the route somewhere on this forum---why don't you PM him? As far as I remember, you need not take the Solapur bypass, but proceed straight and turn left somewhere.

Edit: Here's his post:-

"At Solapur,when we asked people around they said City Park is the equivalent of a 3* in Pune.After check in when we saw the room,we quite agree with that statement.It was 1700 for a double ac with brkfast.When going from HYD you need to take a left into the town from Pune Chowk.Pune Chowk is the second junction on the bypass where the 2nd set of cops used to stand.The 1st one being at the turning into the bypass.Just follow the road and after the bus stand and the railway underpass you would find this on your right.Its at a place called Park Chowk or Hutatma chowk.Go further around 500meters and take a right you are on the Mangalwedha state higway.so it was easy for us.Let me know in case you need details."

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd September 2009 at 13:39.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I agree with you on that Venu, those trucks are a real menace and surprisingly found only on that short stretch, god know where they disappear after that..LOL.

How do i take this route? Any suggestion? Because at the bypass to Solapur, you take a right turn that leads you towards Mohol and Pandharpur. So need a little specific direction from Solapur bypass to take the Mangalvadhe route.
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-map.jpg

Enter the Solapur bypass, at the other end enter solapur by taking left, once you cross bus stop take a right and again right at 'V' junction and finally one last right turn on the next cross road and you are on the road to Mangalwedha - Sangole.

I did this route two times, its very good. Saves you around 20kms and much importantly time.

The total distance from the first left turn to last right turn is nearly 2.2km.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Avi,take the bypass and at the point where the bypass ends take a left,right would have you entering the Pune highway,take the circle and enter the town,keep going straight,you would have the bus stand on your left ,a few petrol stations on your right,you would pass City Park on your right,after this is Park Chowk,ask for "Park Chowk"in case you get lost, at park chowk take a right and you are now on the Mangalwedha-Sangole road.

No turns just go straight.This road is also called the Degaon Road.Excellent road.Sangole is around 80kms.(Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole)

At Sangole circle(road hits a dead end)take a left and the road takes you straight to Miraj.You are now on the Pandharpur-Miraj road.A right at the Sangole circle would take you to P'pur.

At Miraj,take a right for Kolhapur.Continuing straight on the road would take you back to Bijapur.

At Kolhapur,the Miraj highway joins NH4.Take a left and go on and you are now on familiar territory.Nipani is 40kms from this turn off on Miraj highway.

After Kognoli Toll Plaza,you would enter Tawandi Ghat and you would find Hotel Satyavati Palace on your left.Take a right into the state road and it takes you to Uttur-Left at Uttur and onwards to Amboli.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Belgaum Amboli Ghat Sawantwadi Mapusa Panjim road this stretch is bad never even dream to drive after sunset in this stretch.I have traveled by the Raichur Koppal Gadag Hubli Karwar route it is better road.After Gangavathi there is no need to go to Hospet instead there is cross called Golguppa cross from there a short route to Koppal 20kms it is a narrow road but drivable.The stretch from Koppal to Hubli which will be with lot of lorry traffic.For staying better hotels are there in Hospet.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:06   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Ranjit and IN, that was a pretty detailed description of the Mangalwedha route, thanks a bunch for that. If i still miss it, i would be the biggest nerd on this planet, won't i?

Btw, if everything works out, i am out on Sep 30 at 4pm and will reach solapur by 9pm and rest for night there as i will be travelling with family. And, take off early in the morning towards Goa.

Probably do the same while returning on Oct 4th, or maybe do the entire drive in one shot.

Will update this thread if my plan materializes.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranjit good description of the route. How many hours did it take for you on this way.Is it safe for night driving.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

@avi,
remember, you will get best pav bhaji of India at park chowk Solapur, seriously.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Belgaum Amboli Ghat Sawantwadi Mapusa Panjim road this stretch is bad never even dream to drive after sunset in this stretch.I have traveled by the Raichur Koppal Gadag Hubli Karwar route it is better road.After Gangavathi there is no need to go to Hospet instead there is cross called Golguppa cross from there a short route to Koppal 20kms it is a narrow road but drivable.The stretch from Koppal to Hubli which will be with lot of lorry traffic.For staying better hotels are there in Hospet.
Quote:
Hi Ranjit good description of the route. How many hours did it take for you on this way.Is it safe for night driving.
I have been driving to goa regularly since the last 4 years and have made close to 8-9 trips by road and quite of few of them in the night. Absolutely safe to drive in the night, i never faced any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@avi,
remember, you will get best pav bhaji of India at park chowk Solapur, seriously.
Ashish, now i have to taste that pav bhaji for sure
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No clue with regards to safety on the route.Generally all the roads this side of the country are safe.I generally do day drives as all my drives have been with family and plus I find it easier during day time when the roadside landscapes look friendly.During nights the same landscape that looked so lovely in the day suddenly turns menacing plus the ever looming threat of a breakdown always plays on my mind

As regards time taken:

South Goa-Kolhapur: 250kms: 4.5hrs with a stop @ Amboli
Kolhapur-Solapur : 215kms: Slightly more than 4hours
Old 24th September 2009, 15:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@avi,
Ashish,on the subject of food,do check out the sabudana wada guy @ Bhadrakali @ Nasik,must easily be the best in the country
Old 24th September 2009, 16:47   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
We did this stretch last week though slightly different.Goa-Amboli-Nipani-Kolhapur-Miraj-Solapur(night halt @ Solapur).Next day left Solapur at 7am and reached Patancheru at 1145.The drive was comfortable.You could check for details in an earlier post.
Why not try Gulbarga-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Nipani-Amboli-Goa? I guess this will be shorter and roads are good too! If required one can do night halt at Bijapur and visit Gol Gumbaz as well!
Old 24th September 2009, 17:43   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Ashish,on the subject of food,do check out the sabudana wada guy @ Bhadrakali @ Nasik,must easily be the best in the country
Let me add a contribution here. Corn Pakoda opposite to Lake Vienna in Mahabaleshwar, the best you can have in entire country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Why not try Gulbarga-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Nipani-Amboli-Goa? I guess this will be shorter and roads are good too! If required one can do night halt at Bijapur and visit Gol Gumbaz as well!
Via. Amboli and that too after monsoons. Are you aware what happens there after monsoons?
Old 25th September 2009, 11:17   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Gents, there is a fast plan under construction for a trip to goa next week

Here is the route that i used last time around and found it to be pleasant,scenic and no hassles most of the way except maybe being a bit lengthy and for truck menace at Mohol.

Hyderabad ( Himayathnagar)- Patencheru (30km)-Zaheerabad (74km)-Homnabad (56km)-Basavannakalyan (24km)-Maharashtra Border (16km)-Umarga(19km)-Naldurg(42km)-Solapur BP(42km)-Sholapur BP end (5km)-Mohol (31km)-Pandharpur (45km)-Sangole (33km)-Nagaj(24km)-Miraj(70km)-Sangli(10km)-Jaisinghpur (10km)-NH4 (32km)-Kolhapur Bypass (2km)-Toll Gate (22km)-Nippani Bypass(15km)-Sankeshwar Bypass (22km)-Turn off NH4-Gandhinglaj-Ajra- Amboli (80km)-Sawantwadi-(25km)-Sawantwadi Bus Stand(0km)-Banda (3km)-GOA BORDER-(3km)-Mapusa(32kms)-Panjim(10kms)

I need your help in eliminating/adding/ on above route so this trip is even more hassle-free in terms of road conditions, traffic,diversions and what not.

Can someone add your inputs? Especially Ashish and our new route travel guru in making (Ranjit)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks