Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 08:31   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
I think he is talking about the famous 'right turn' that people tend to miss easily
Does the famous 'right turn' refer to the right turn one has to make from the GQ on to Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi Road?

My personal favourite route is Hyderabad-SolapurByePass-Mohol-Pandharpur-Miraj-Kolhapur-OverNightHalt@HotelOpal-Kolhapur-GQ-Sankeshwar-Gandhiglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Pemem-Bardez-Mapusa-Calangute ... but ... is this the best choice of route from Hyderabad to Goa for July 2010?

Can I get some inputs to help decide the best route from Hyderabad to Goa at this moment?

Note : I need to break journey enroute and prefer an overnight halt so as to allow my bunch of friends from Pune & Mumbai to join us Hydeez at the enroute halt. Which city will be the best choice out of Kolhapur, Belgaum and Dharwad for assembling ... that city will of course depend on the choice of route made for Hyderabad to Goa.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Does the famous 'right turn' refer to the right turn one has to make from the GQ on to Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi Road?.
Nope, It's the one at sawantwadi that you take to get to the amboli rd.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the famous 'right turn' refer to the right turn one has to make from the GQ on to Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi Road?

My personal favourite route is Hyderabad-SolapurByePass-Mohol-Pandharpur-Miraj-Kolhapur-OverNightHalt@HotelOpal-Kolhapur-GQ-Sankeshwar-Gandhiglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Pemem-Bardez-Mapusa-Calangute ... but ... is this the best choice of route from Hyderabad to Goa for July 2010?

Can I get some inputs to help decide the best route from Hyderabad to Goa at this moment?

Note : I need to break journey enroute and prefer an overnight halt so as to allow my bunch of friends from Pune & Mumbai to join us Hydeez at the enroute halt. Which city will be the best choice out of Kolhapur, Belgaum and Dharwad for assembling ... that city will of course depend on the choice of route made for Hyderabad to Goa.
If you do need to do an overnight stop,then Kolhapur is the best option/or Solapur if you are starting off in the afternoon from Hyd.Nxt day morning you could do a non-stop Solapur-Goa in 8hours..Dharwad is way off course for those coming from Hyd.Belgaum is also a good option,but then its almost like reaching Goa and yet not being there.

If you want to do it non-stop,then I would recco takin the Bijapur-Athni route.Roads are good and will hold good in the monsoons as well.The Hyd-Solapur road will begin to break up the moment the rains begin as they have already begun cracking up.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
I think he is talking about the famous 'right turn' that people tend to miss easily
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Yup! Yup! The Same Famous Right Turn
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
If I remember correctly, while returning from Panjim to Hyderabad, one needs to take a right near a lake in Sawantwadi. After driving for around 200 metres, one again needs to take a right at the T junction. Further, one more right needs to be taken within 20 metres from that T Junction to get on to the Amboli Road.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:26   #110
BHPian

The ideal route still is via M'Nagar, Raichur, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Sawantwadi ...You can halt overnight at Bagalkot...hotels are reasonable and bathrooms clean, food digestible...one tends to make a mistake at Belgaum of going via Chorla Road... take the right turn in the city at the BP pump, which will take you to Sawantwadi
Old 8th June 2010, 13:45   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Bajaj saab, the route that you chose is perfect. I always use the same route and most of this route is always perfect except for the last time when i went during peak monsoon and roads were in bad condition.

if your planning now, then close your eyes and take this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
This right turn that Hyd_Traveller is mentioning is on NH4 where you turn from NH4 GQ to Sawantwadi route at Hotel ( forgot the name, its mentioned somewhere on this thread, I think Ranjit remembers it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you do need to do an overnight stop,then Kolhapur is the best option/or Solapur if you are starting off in the afternoon from Hyd.Nxt day morning you could do a non-stop Solapur-Goa in 8hours..Dharwad is way off course for those coming from Hyd.Belgaum is also a good option,but then its almost like reaching Goa and yet not being there.

If you want to do it non-stop,then I would recco takin the Bijapur-Athni route.Roads are good and will hold good in the monsoons as well.The Hyd-Solapur road will begin to break up the moment the rains begin as they have already begun cracking up.
+1. If i start late, then i relax in Solapur for the night. If i start early in morning then halt at Kolhapur would make perfect sense.

Btw, Kolhapur-Calangute can be easily done in 5-6 hours. Last time around, we started from Calangute at 2pm and were crossing Kolhapur around 7pm in evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If I remember correctly, while returning from Panjim to Hyderabad, one needs to take a right near a lake in Sawantwadi. After driving for around 200 metres, one again needs to take a right at the T junction. Further, one more right needs to be taken within 20 metres from that T Junction to get on to the Amboli Road.
Thats one pretty lake i must say. Its so calm, serene and just beautiful.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This right turn that Hyd_Traveller is mentioning is on NH4 where you turn from NH4 GQ to Sawantwadi route at Hotel ( forgot the name, its mentioned somewhere on this thread, I think Ranjit remembers it)l.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1741808-post99.html

Goa back to this post and read the next two after that you will figure out what I meant. Thats where the question first came up.

What you're speaking about is the two restaurants Kaberi and Satyapalace on the other end of the road.

And what Hyd Traveller is asking about is the sankeshwar turn which is 12 kms further from the two hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If I remember right the turn is just after the bus stand. There is a photo of all the turns, the hotels, the sankeshwar turn and the sawantwadi turn in the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...hapur-goa.html thread

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 8th June 2010 at 17:41.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:54   #113
BHPian

I'm planning to do hyd-goa tomorrow and taking the route suggested by hyd_traveller above.

Looking at google maps it seems that Solapur - Magalwedha - Sangole is shorter than Solapur - Pandharpur - Sangole

Does anyone know the road conditions on this stretch?
Old 24th June 2010, 17:07   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
I'm planning to do hyd-goa tomorrow and taking the route suggested by hyd_traveller above.

Looking at google maps it seems that Solapur - Magalwedha - Sangole is shorter than Solapur - Pandharpur - Sangole

If that area has not received hard rains then expect that stretch to be decent except for a few potholes. If it has rained than Mangalwedha stretch will be full of potholes.

Either ways, go for it, it aint that bad. Did it last year in september and road was not that great.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Either ways, go for it, it aint that bad. Did it last year in september and road was not that great.
Thanks mobike! I'll try it out and get back with a report on what the current conditions are.

Cheers!
Old 24th June 2010, 18:13   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why dont you take the Gulbarga-Bijapur-Goa route unless you want to travel through Solapur.This route is better as compared to the Solapur route and a few kilometers less as well.
Old 24th June 2010, 19:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Why dont you take the Gulbarga-Bijapur-Goa route unless you want to travel through Solapur.This route is better as compared to the Solapur route and a few kilometers less as well.
Thanks for your reply Ranjit.

I read through the 8 pages of the thread and as mentioned in this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1417367 Ghadinglaj to Panjim is supposed to be really scenic. So was planning to go through the picturesque route.

I'm new to hyderabad and this is the first time I'm heading out from here. I don't have much idea of the roads this side of the country.

I don't mind going via the longer route but if the road conditions are much better then I'll change my mind. I can also take this route on the way back for a comparison.

What do you think?

Last edited by zuch : 24th June 2010 at 19:46.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:07   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Ranjit.

I read through the 8 pages of the thread and as mentioned in this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1417367 Ghadinglaj to Panjim is supposed to be really scenic. So was planning to go through the picturesque route.

I'm new to hyderabad and this is the first time I'm heading out from here. I don't have much idea of the roads this side of the country.

I don't mind going via the longer route but if the road conditions are much better then I'll change my mind. I can also take this route on the way back for a comparison.

What do you think?
you must be sipping your beverage right now but, thats a good idea. Take the route via gandhiglaj--> amboli ghat which is very scenic and do the bijapur--> gulbarga route back to Hyderabad.

Look forward to an update on both routes as i may AGAIN go to goa pretty soon
Old 25th June 2010, 13:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look forward to an update on both routes as i may AGAIN go to goa pretty soon
Planning to 'Cruze' to Goa, eh? Well, Aug 15th is not far away!!
Old 25th June 2010, 20:44   #120
BHPian

Quote:

I did Sangole - Magalwedha - Solapur on 22-Feb-10 on my way back from Goa to Hyderabad, road condition is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks