Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 19:36   #91
BHPian

Hyderabad - Goa uncharted route

I have gone through this post right from 2006 and am planning a trip next month (Feb 2010) on the following route -

Via outer ring road through Bandlaguda left before Chilkur onto Moinabad – Appa Reddy Guda - Chevella – Manneguda – take left onto Pargi – take right to Bamraspet - go straight onto – Kodangal – straight onto SH 16 – Ganga Ravapalli - take right before Gurmatkal junction – continue onto SH 16 - (try bypass for SH 51 to continue onto SH 16 bypassing Yadgir town ) – SH 16 / 15 via Khanapur – Hattigudur onto SH 19 – through Shorapur – Kumbarpet - take right before Devapur onto Talikot Road - Talikota on SH 60 – take left for Muddebihal – go straight on SH 60 via Tangdgi (find out if short cut to Bagalkot is available else ) – take right after Krishna River from SH 60 to SH 44 – via Sangam – take right touch NH 13 – continue on NH 13 – take left onto SH 133 - via Bevur continue onto SH 133 go straight via Kaulpet / Bagalkot (alternate continue onto SH 133 – take right on SH 20 – take left touching SH 133 again – touch Sigikeri - go straight onto SH 57 - take left on SH 20 coming up in front of Kaulpet ) – go straight through Gaddanakeri - cross NH 218 – continue on SH 20 to Kaladgi – go straight to touch Lokapur – go straight on SH 20 – cross Gudgop - onto Yargatti – continue onto SH 20 – touch Nesargi – Sulebhavi - Marihal - Pant Balekundri – Sambra – Basavan Kudchi - to Belgaum - take left to touch NH 4A via Shahapur – Hindwadi - Angol – Udyambag – Majagaon - take right at Piranwadi onto SH 54 – Machhe – Kinaye - go straight onto SH 54 - Jamboti – take right to SH 31 - Kanakumbi – SH 31 – touching Surla - Chorla - Anjunem – Satari onto Sanquelim ( Sankali) onto NH 4A to take right turn to Ribander

This seems totally uncharted territory ( probably a much shorter route - around 650 KMs ) and since I will be going on this route for the first time, that too only with my wife, who is a pure housewife, I request for 'advance knowledge' of 'after wisdom', since it is 'not necessary to make a mistake' especially since seasoned informed BHPian opinion is available for the asking.

Kindly guide, anybody, on the road conditions please

RSVP.. refaircargo@rediffmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
We took the same route, which returning from Goa in October. We visited the same time as Avi (mobike008) did. It was a good route, especially taking into consideration the route from Sangole Circle to Sholapur
Old 15th January 2010, 21:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by refaircargo View Post
I have gone through this post right from 2006 and am planning a trip next month (Feb 2010) on the following route -

RSVP.. refaircargo@rediffmail.com
Hi refaircargo, most probably i will also be traveling to Goa in Feb 3rd week, please PM me your date of travel and other plans... I was also looking for the best route for travel...

Thanks,
Srini..
Old 15th January 2010, 22:13   #93
BHPian

I intend leaving on 12th morning around 6 am, wanting to reach Goa in the evening around 8 pm, same day, if all goes well and I get a OK on the road condition...keeping my fingers crossed till then

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi refaircargo, most probably i will also be traveling to Goa in Feb 3rd week, please PM me your date of travel and other plans... I was also looking for the best route for travel...

Thanks,
Srini..
Old 24th January 2010, 08:16   #94
BHPian

I am planning to drive down to Goa on the 27th of this month. My last trip was in Nov 09 HYD-RAICHUR-SINDHANUR-GANGAVATI-GADAG-HUBLI. The bridge before Sindhanur was out due to which I had to take a diversion on a mud trail for around 80 KM. The going was tough till I reached Gangavati. Please suggest ny alternative to this route.
Old 24th January 2010, 22:21   #95
BHPian

Please try following the route suggested by me and report back
Old 24th January 2010, 23:49   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
I am planning to drive down to Goa on the 27th of this month. My last trip was in Nov 09 HYD-RAICHUR-SINDHANUR-GANGAVATI-GADAG-HUBLI. The bridge before Sindhanur was out due to which I had to take a diversion on a mud trail for around 80 KM. The going was tough till I reached Gangavati. Please suggest ny alternative to this route.
Stick to the safe and longer route in Maharastra where majority of roads would be quite decent unlike the KA route.

Hyderabad-Solapur-Kolaphur-NH4-Sawantwadi-Panjim : Total Distance : 725kms
Old 25th January 2010, 10:26   #97
Senior - BHPian

What mobike008 wrote makes absolute sense. Stick to the safer and longer route.
And srimath when you reach or when you get back post your experience of the route you've taken.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 25th January 2010 at 10:27.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:52   #98
BHPian

mobike008 & deutscheafrikar

Many Thanks for your suggestions. My friends dropped out of the trip and hence I decided to fly for this time.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:12   #99
BHPian

In the absence of any input from other members, chose to go by the Mehboobnagar, Raichur, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Chorla route. Started out on 12th morning. The renovated NH7 (been on this after almost 3 years) is really something and the directions are not fully user friendly. Missed the Mehboobnagar underpass and realized the folly only after 30 KMs at the next toll gate. Smooth sailing through the straight road through Raichur onto Bagalkot. Halted overnight at Bagalkot, since Mrs. had to visit the Jagdish temple at Gulhyattgud. Went to the temple in the morning, 25 KMs out of Bagalkot, but in the absence of advance knowledge, missed the important 'Atka Bhog' puja by just 10 minutes. Onto Belgaum without any hassles in good time. Belgaum had a severe 'Bandh' on 13th and could not find any fuel. Was told to look for a pump on the highway. Took the Piranwadi - Jamboti - Chorla route. Big mistake. Did not find any petrol pump and ran out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. Lost over 2 hours arranging for the precious frugal fuel. (normally I always carry 5 litres in spare, but somehow it skipped my mind this time). The Jamboti - Chorla route is really something. 30 KMs of rocky terrain all the way putting to shame regular SUVs, MPVs and even multi-axle trucks - all had fallen by the wayside. Took over 3 hours to navigate these 30 kms, in my 10 year old Indica DLE. After reaching Sanquelim was misguided and reached Panaji after doing about 50 KMs.

Valentine Eve and booked hotel refused to give accomodation. Managed to find something better at Ginger. Stayed on for 4 good days.

Started back on the 17th afternoon. This time took the Sawantwadi - Belgaum route without any hassles. Just missed the bypass before Sawantwadi and had to do 10 KMs extra going through the city. Halted overnight at Bagalkot. Completed the memorable 'Atka Bhog' ritual next day at Gulhyattgud. Took the same Raichur - Mehboobnagar route. Took a wrong right turn at Mudgal and went South towards Gangawati and turned back via Sindhanur - pretty bad stretch upto Sindhanur - losing another 90 KMs on the odo. Reached back Hyderabad in the night without any mishap.

All in all I thank my ancient Indica for having put up so bravely without even a single flat. I had taken extra precaution and carried 2 stepneys, none of which were used.
Old 19th February 2010, 23:43   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Started back on the 17th afternoon. This time took the Sawantwadi - Belgaum route without any hassles. Just missed the bypass before Sawantwadi and had to do 10 KMs extra going through the city.
refaircargo, now whats this sawanwadi bypass. Have I been missing something. Where does it begin and where does it take you.
Regards
Old 25th February 2010, 16:11   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
refaircargo, now whats this sawanwadi bypass. Have I been missing something. Where does it begin and where does it take you.
Regards
I think he is talking about the famous 'right turn' that people tend to miss easily
Old 25th February 2010, 16:13   #102
BHPian

Quote:
In the absence of any input from other members, chose to go by the Mehboobnagar, Raichur, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Chorla route.
How about a detailed travelogue with some nice pics?
Old 25th February 2010, 16:47   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
I think he is talking about the famous 'right turn' that people tend to miss easily
Yup! Yup! The Same Famous Right Turn
Old 25th February 2010, 22:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
Highwaylover, Okay is that what he was writing about. Hope I remember to click a photo of the right turn the next time I pass by
Old 26th February 2010, 23:32   #105
BHPian

Yes, indeed, it was the right turn, just around Majgaon, before Savantwadi, that I missed...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks