Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 15:10   #46
BHPian

Dude, you have to take the ghats to get to Goa, whether you take Anmod (Londa route IIRC) or Amboli. Both are possible from Belgaum. My recent trip, the route from Belgaum to Goa through Amboli-Savantwadi was in good shape, though a lot of water was on the roads. Last I heard, the Anmod ghat route is also in decent shape. Don't know what monsoons have done to those roads though. Anmod is a very scenic drive as well, but you will enter goa from the south side.

If going to belgaum is not necessary, follow the route suggested by Mobike008, or take a look at Zappo's travelogues- he has another route through Bijapur.

Quote:
Hyd-Solapur-Pandharpur-Gandhiglaj-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Panjim
Avinash, you meant Gadhinglaj of course. The turn-off from NH4 is at Nipani IIRC.

EDIT: Indian Nomad is correct. Sankeshwar it is.....thanks buddy

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 5th August 2009 at 15:13.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:13   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
I used the same route 3 times in past 9 months for my Hyd - Goa - Hyd trip.

Route courtesy - Avi(mobike008). Thank you for the route Avi
Glad to know it worked out well for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
Agree as I have been on Ambola Ghat route. Just wanted to explore other routes if the roads are very good and hence the query on Belgaum to Panjim.

BTW, which route you take from Pandharpur-Gandhiglaj? There seems to me many options - can you please let me know the route and condition?

Thanks.
Check my travelogue here for detailed route info :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...st-2008-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Dude, you have to take the ghats to get to Goa, whether you take Anmod (Londa route IIRC) or Amboli. Both are possible from Belgaum. My recent trip, the route from Belgaum to Goa through Amboli-Savantwadi was in good shape, though a lot of water was on the roads. Last I heard, the Anmod ghat route is also in decent shape. Don't know what monsoons have done to those roads though. Anmod is a very scenic drive as well, but you will enter goa from the south side.

If going to belgaum is not necessary, follow the route suggested by Mobike008, or take a look at Zappo's travelogues- he has another route through Bijapur.

Avinash, you meant Gadhinglaj of course. The turn-off from NH4 is at Nipani IIRC.
yes, that right my friend. I am not that great with remembering names of small towns
Old 5th August 2009, 16:34   #48
BHPian

Got it and will take the suggested route by Mobike as I have never taken that route to Goa. Thanks.

However, while coming back wanted to try a new route:
Panaji - Nippani - Athni - Bijapur - Jevargi - Gulbarga - Homnabad - Hyderabad.

Any inputs on this route?
Old 6th August 2009, 10:58   #49
BHPian

You cannot go wrong with that route, good choice.

Regarding the return route, suggest you PM Zappo....he would have the requisite details. Neither me nor Avi have taken that route yet. Looking forward to getting the details from you post your return
Old 6th August 2009, 11:16   #50
BHPian

@Prabingade

In my opinion the shortest and also the fastest route (due to good roads) to reach North Goa from Hyd is via Yadgir, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Amboli Ghat and Mapusa. The distance won't be more than 700 KM, and can be done 14 Hrs, including short breaks. I have done Hyd-Goa last week via Mahbubnagar, Raichur, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Amboli Ghat and Mapusa. This route is ~730 KM and is equally good.

Last edited by nagvasireddy : 6th August 2009 at 11:19.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just a short update:NH4A from Belgaum to Panjim via Londa-Anmod-Molem-Ponda is in a terrible shape.Avoid at all costs

S'wadi-Amboli-Ajra-Uttur-Nipani is a mix of good and bad roads.Nothing terrible as yet.Main suspect is in between Amboli & Ajra.

For people opting to take the Solapur route,please try the Nipani-Kolhapur-Right turn @ Shiroli Flyover- Miraj-Sangole-Right Turn-Mangalwedha-Solapur route.Its a beauty.Slightly rough tarmac between Miraj & Sangole.200kms Kolhapur-Solapur=4hrs

NH9 is also in excellent shape now.Solapur-Patancheru Toll gate can be done in 4hrs 30mins.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
For people opting to take the Solapur route,please try the Nipani-Kolhapur-Right turn @ Shiroli Flyover- Miraj-Sangole-Right Turn-Mangalwedha-Solapur route.Its a beauty.Slightly rough tarmac between Miraj & Sangole.200kms Kolhapur-Solapur=4hrs
So the only difference between this route and mobike's patented route is that you avoid Pandharpur and Mohol and instead go via Mangalwedha, right?
Perhaps it helps avoiding the truck traffic between Pandharpur and Mohol, and it could be shorter also, is it not?
Old 15th September 2009, 16:52   #53
BHPian

Any update on how is the road between Hubli to Ankola recently? I am planning to drive next weekend.

Planning to drive from HYD to Hampi via Hospet. Next day drive from Hospet to Goa via Hubli and Karwar.

Last edited by nityanand.s.s : 15th September 2009 at 16:55.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:15   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just a short update:NH4A from Belgaum to Panjim via Londa-Anmod-Molem-Ponda is in a terrible shape.Avoid at all costs

S'wadi-Amboli-Ajra-Uttur-Nipani is a mix of good and bad roads.Nothing terrible as yet.Main suspect is in between Amboli & Ajra.

NH9 is also in excellent shape now.Solapur-Patancheru Toll gate can be done in 4hrs 30mins.
No Surprises here. The Ponda route after each monsoon becomes gods' own craters. I took 5 hours to cross 20kms so i know that route pretty well.

Swadi to Nippani ( right up to NH4) is pretty good since the roads seem to be laid regularly and patches covered up quickly. So this route should not be a problem at all. Also, i vote this route as quite scenic.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So the only difference between this route and mobike's patented route is that you avoid Pandharpur and Mohol and instead go via Mangalwedha, right?
Perhaps it helps avoiding the truck traffic between Pandharpur and Mohol, and it could be shorter also, is it not?
yes correct.

1.Avoid truck traffic between Mohol & Pandharpur,which is getting bad by the day & avoid rough surface between Sangole & Pandharpur.

2.Saving of around 40kms.

3.Between Sangole & Solapur excellent tarmac,no potholes,no rough surfaces speeds of around 100-110 on a M800 achieved.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:07   #56
BHPian

Sorry for the mistake in the previews post and junping the gone of not previewing it :( Hope the below is ok and in readable format. Thanks.

City Leg Cummulative
Mahabubnagar 105 105 Sat
Raichur 106 211 Sat
Manvi 46 257 Sat
Sindhnur 42 299 Sat
Gangawati 50 349 Sat
Koppal 50 399 Sat
Gadag 62 461 Sat
Hubli 61 522 Sat
Yellapur 81 603 Sat
Karwar 94 697 Sat Night Halt
South Goa Resort 84 781 Sun. Mon, Tue, Wed
North Goa Resort 44 825 Thu, Fri, Sat
Amboli 66 891 Sun
Ajra 35 926 Sun
Sankeswar 38 964 Sun
Nipani 24 988 Sun
Athni 103 1091 Sun
Bijapur 76 1167 Sun
Jevargi 130 1297 Sun
Gulbarga 37 1334 Sun
Homnabad 64 1398 Sun
home 135 1533 Sun
Old 21st September 2009, 23:07   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@Prabin, your post is completely un-readable.It looks like a GPS log. Please re-post it clearly.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:47   #58
BHPian

Hi all,
Firstly sorry for the repeated mistake. I am 100% sure this post will be ok.

Going for my annual goa trip this weekend and returning back next weekend. My wife and 3 year old son will be with me.

Below is my route plan. Any updates on the road conditions/any other suggestions are welcome.

Sat:
Hyd-Mahaboobnagar-Raichur-Manvi-Sindhnur-Gangawati-Kopal-Gadag-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar (night halt).

Sun:
Karwar to South Goa Resort

Thu:
Souch Goa Resort to North Goa Resort

Sun:
North Goa-Abmboli-Ajra-Sankeshwar-Nipani-Athni-Bijapur-Jevargi-Gulbarga (night halt if required)-Homnabad-Home

thanks.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
Hi all,
Firstly sorry for the repeated mistake. I am 100% sure this post will be ok.

Going for my annual goa trip this weekend and returning back next weekend. My wife and 3 year old son will be with me.

Below is my route plan. Any updates on the road conditions/any other suggestions are welcome.

Sat:
Hyd-Mahaboobnagar-Raichur-Manvi-Sindhnur-Gangawati-Kopal-Gadag-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar (night halt).

Sun:
Karwar to South Goa Resort

Thu:
Souch Goa Resort to North Goa Resort

Sun:
North Goa-Abmboli-Ajra-Sankeshwar-Nipani-Athni-Bijapur-Jevargi-Gulbarga (night halt if required)-Homnabad-Home

thanks.
Most of the roads are good.The entire drive would take you around 16-17hrs.Would be advisable to break at some place as the roads are all state highways so maintaining uniform speeds would be difficult.Plus in case you want to make it to Hyd by night,you would have to make a very early start from North Goa,which would again mean you would drive through some ghat sections during darkness/dusk.Not advisable with an infant aboard.No safety issues reported but advisable to drive through these sections in daylight.

We did this stretch last week though slightly different.Goa-Amboli-Nipani-Kolhapur-Miraj-Solapur(night halt @ Solapur).Next day left Solapur at 7am and reached Patancheru at 1145.The drive was comfortable.You could check for details in an earlier post.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:54   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We did this stretch last week though slightly different.Goa-Amboli-Nipani-Kolhapur-Miraj-Solapur(night halt @ Solapur).Next day left Solapur at 7am and reached Patancheru at 1145.The drive was comfortable.You could check for details in an earlier post.
on above. I may go to Goa next weekend and will take above route which happens to be my favorite route since roads are 95%+ very good and beautiful scenary.

I never tried the Karnataka stretch and not in a hurry to try it in near future as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks