Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 13:11   #796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
I took this route from Hyderabad to Madgaon. The only difference being that instead of going towards Chorla from Khanapur, I took the Ponda route via Anmod. 11 hours door to door. Approx 665km. The thing is a 3-car convoy is always slower than when you drive solo. Being a part of the 3-car convoy, I know the number of stops we made. Take those stops out of your calculation, and it was an 11 hour drive.
Agree! But, in general the route (both ways) is very confusing and you will need either local assistance or google assistance and also the fact remains google is not always correct

IMO, irrespective of breaks you take. Goa continues to be a minimum 12 hour route due to many diversions, speed breakers and SH dominant highways
Old 18th August 2016, 13:26   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Agree! But, in general the route (both ways) is very confusing and you will need either local assistance or google assistance and also the fact remains google is not always correct
I have done Hyderabad - Pargi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla - Mapusa - Candolim only once, up and down so count it as twice. I am pretty sure I will not need to ask. And I never trust G Maps.
Old 18th August 2016, 13:32   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
I took this route from Hyderabad to Madgaon. The only difference being that instead of going towards Chorla from Khanapur, I took the Ponda route via Anmod. 11 hours door to door. Approx 665km. The thing is a 3-car convoy is always slower than when you drive solo. Being a part of the 3-car convoy, I know the number of stops we made. Take those stops out of your calculation, and it was an 11 hour drive.
Quote:

IMO, irrespective of breaks you take. Goa continues to be a minimum 12 hour route due to many diversions, speed breakers and SH dominant highways
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I have done Hyderabad - Pargi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla - Mapusa - Candolim only once, up and down so count it as twice. I am pretty sure I will not need to ask. And I never trust G Maps.
Doesn't a GPS device have a feature of reversing one's onward journey, so that one does not get lost? I do know that the same intersection may look a bit different on the return journey, especially after dark.
Old 18th August 2016, 13:33   #799
BHPian

Quote:

I followed gmaps to the T this time. The wife kept a hawk's eye on it. Otherwise, yes. There is no way you will reach Goa on this route. Even the route from Hyderabad to Sedam is confusing. Gulbarga to Goa is in a different league of confusion.

But Goa is easily doable in 11 hours. 10 hours if you drive with your pants on fire. Speed breakers exist, as they do on all KA SH. But they are manageable. The SH is good - yep, my definition of a good SH is anything better than the Gadwal-Raichur highway or the inimitable National Highways in North Bengal (they are in a class of their own).
Old 19th August 2016, 11:37   #800
BHPian

The route to Goa is pretty hard to grasp without noting down the correct points of turns etc. Last time I did exactly that from what Bajaj sir & Ranjith posted here and that helped a lot, but I've forgotten all of that already.

So unless you're a person who remembers routes, it's better to refer, note down and then take this route. Also a relaxed drive is surely going to take 12+ hours including couple of breaks, and considering the fact that almost all of the route is single carriageways. The key is to hit the Ghats when there is sufficient light, since it can get dangerous and creepy at night.
Old 4th September 2016, 18:08   #801
BHPian

I am planning for a Road Trip i.e Hyderabad -> Malvan ->Goa -> Hyderabad in October. Based on inputs from various members especially hyd_traveller and ranjitp1, i have prepared the following google map i.e. https://goo.gl/maps/2ejU543id3A2. Many members have indicated that the route is confusing at times. I would request the experienced members to comment on the link that i have prepared so i can get the required confidence .

Last edited by dpkbehera : 4th September 2016 at 18:16.
Old 4th September 2016, 19:09   #802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I would request the experienced members to comment on the link that i have prepared so i can get the required confidence.
The routing looks clean to me. Hyd-Belgavi is a common section which many Hyderabad travellers can comment on. And beyond even the Amboli stretch is quite well known to reach NH17.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:22   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The routing looks clean to me. Hyd-Belgavi is a common section which many Hyderabad travellers can comment on. And beyond even the Amboli stretch is quite well known to reach NH17.
The route on a broad level is the recommended one. What i am looking for is information related to small turns, bypasses to the towns on the way etc which will save time.

Also pointers to good breakfast and lunch joints both on the onward and return journey will be appreciated.
Old 4th September 2016, 21:31   #804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also pointers to good breakfast and lunch joints both on the onward and return journey will be appreciated.
Sorry I missed this part.

- Hyd - Belgaum: What I meant was look at recent posts. Most people update the same details. As regards to Hotel: Nothing beats Sankam at Belgaum.

PS: I cleared up the routing around Belgaum : Updated Route
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 08:59   #805
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning for a Road Trip i.e Hyderabad -> Malvan ->Goa -> Hyderabad in October. Based on inputs from various members especially hyd_traveller and ranjitp1, i have prepared the following google map i.e. https://goo.gl/maps/2ejU543id3A2. Many members have indicated that the route is confusing at times. I would request the experienced members to comment on the link that i have prepared so i can get the required confidence .
The route you have planned is the correct route. Just note down the distance in km from Chevella to Manneguda left turn so that you do not overshoot and reach Vikarabad. Then the distance from Kodangal to the right turn to Sedam. Watch out for the Sedam bypass. Follow Gulbarga and Bijapur bypass as per the map. Remember to turn left at Lokapur. For Belgaum, please note down the distances in km.m and all the turns as crossing the city is a tad confusing.

The map is wrong for within Belgaum for going to Malvan as can be seen
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-capture.jpg
just use the Bachi-Raichur Highway instead of zigzagging across the city.

Food options are bad on the route. If you can time your drive to reach Belgaum by lunch time, Sankam is the place to take a halt.

Drive safe.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 09:50   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry I missed this part.

- Hyd - Belgaum: What I meant was look at recent posts. Most people update the same details. As regards to Hotel: Nothing beats Sankam at Belgaum.

PS: I cleared up the routing around Belgaum : Updated Route
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The route you have planned is the correct route. Just note down the distance in km from Chevella to Manneguda left turn so that you do not overshoot and reach Vikarabad. Then the distance from Kodangal to the right turn to Sedam. Watch out for the Sedam bypass. Follow Gulbarga and Bijapur bypass as per the map. Remember to turn left at Lokapur. For Belgaum, please note down the distances in km.m and all the turns as crossing the city is a tad confusing.

The map is wrong for within Belgaum for going to Malvan as can be seen
Attachment 1550927
just use the Bachi-Raichur Highway instead of zigzagging across the city.

Food options are bad on the route. If you can time your drive to reach Belgaum by lunch time, Sankam is the place to take a halt.

Drive safe.
Thanks a ton Ampere and hyd_traveller for the prompt response and suggestions.
The final map looks like this i.e.https://goo.gl/maps/K1eYvamfAWy

Summarizing the pain points that you need to watch out for i.e.
a)Left Turn into Munneguda
b)Right Turn into Sedam
c)Gulbarga Bypass
d)Bijapur Bypass
e)Left Turn at Lokapur
f)City Travel @Belgaum
Old 15th September 2016, 11:11   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Ampere and hyd_traveller for the prompt response and suggestions.
The final map looks like this i.e.https://goo.gl/maps/K1eYvamfAWy

Summarizing the pain points that you need to watch out for i.e.
a)Left Turn into Munneguda
b)Right Turn into Sedam
c)Gulbarga Bypass
d)Bijapur Bypass
e)Left Turn at Lokapur
f)City Travel @Belgaum
It is not right turn into Sedam. It is a right turn which comes 10 or 14 km after Kodangal towards Sedam.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 12:33   #808
BHPian

Hyderabad - Kolhapur

What is the current best route from Hyderabad to Kolhapur.

Previously I drove onwards twice through this route - Hyderabad - Humnabad - Omerga - Solapur - Mohol - Pandharpur - Sangola - Miraj - Kolhapur.
On return journey drove thrice through this route - Kolhapur - Miraj - Sangola - Mangalwedha - Solapur - Omerga - Humnabad - Hyderabad.

Both were done over 4 years back.
So not sure about current best route and conditions.

Previously this Hyderabad - Kolhapur route was famous and discussed most as a part of Hyd - Goa route, hence posting this query here
Old 16th September 2016, 12:58   #809
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Kolhapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
What is the current best route from Hyderabad to Kolhapur.
Hyderabad - Chevella - Manneguda - Pargi - Kodangal - Ripponpalli - Sedam - Gulbarga - Jevargi - Bijapur - Athani - Miraj - Kolhapur
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:09   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Highlight was the experience of Amboli Ghats. It was simply fantastic. Rained all through the section and sometimes so heavy that we felt we will be swept away in that torrential rains (check the video below)
I think u have mentioned that your second trip to GOA is just around the corner !!! This indicates that you did enjoy your drive to Goa. It would be nice if you could elaborate on the Belgaum Amboli Goa section like how is this route especially the Ghat section, how much distance is the Ghat section, the drive quality etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks