Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 16:54   #646
Senior - BHPian

A friend took Hyd-Parigi-Kodangal-Sedam-Gulbarga-Jevargi-Sindagi-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum yesterday and reported excellent roads throughout.

Bagalkot-Belgaum is supposedly excellent at the moment.10hrs to Belgaum via this route with a total break time of approx 75mins he says.7am departure,5pm arrival belgaum.

http://goo.gl/maps/kpkeD

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2014 at 12:07.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 20:57   #647
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

How about any options via Gulbarga/Bijapur? I am told 218 is quite good. So if thats true any good options to reach Gulbarga? And then Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla
Old 16th January 2014, 21:03   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How about any options via Gulbarga/Bijapur? I am told 218 is quite good. So if thats true any good options to reach Gulbarga? And then Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla
Hi Ampere, I have posted 2 choices a few posts earlier, 1 via Gulbarga which is very good (the worst stretch is better than the condition of the road opposite Chutneys at Nagarjuna Hills when you descend the flyover from Begumpet side) and has been used by me and the other one by Gajadonga.
PS : Sorry for comparing road condition with local roads at Hyderabad but most Hyderabadis can relate to it.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 16th January 2014 at 21:05.
hyd_traveller is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:18   #649
BHPian

Friends, I just traveled to Goa and came back two days back. This is route is really good.

Hyderabad -Mahabubnagar - Raichur - Lingsugar - Bhagalkot - Belgaum - Panjim. The route is in good condition.... Bhagalkot to raichur... the route is single road with good number of speed breakers. My travel time on this route is about 11 hours.
contactme27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:23   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Friends, I just traveled to Goa and came back two days back. This is route is really good.

Hyderabad -Mahabubnagar - Raichur - Lingsugar - Bhagalkot - Belgaum - Panjim. The route is in good condition.... Bhagalkot to raichur... the route is single road with good number of speed breakers. My travel time on this route is about 11 hours.
A few months back, the stretch near Raichur and the one between Raichur to Bagalkot was reported to be bad. So are you saying that everything is hunky dory on that stretch except for speed-breakers?

11 hours is very good. What was the distance?
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:14   #651
BHPian

the distance between goa - hyd on this route comes about 660+. Yes, except the speed breakers, the route is good to cover in less than 12 hours. What I also heard is, the buses take this route in the night due to less traffic.

Last edited by contactme27 : 22nd January 2014 at 21:15.
contactme27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:28   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
the distance between goa - hyd on this route comes about 660+. Yes, except the speed breakers, the route is good to cover in less than 12 hours. What I also heard is, the buses take this route in the night due to less traffic.
Kesineni takes this route but not Paulo(?).
Can you please detail the road conditions over various stretches, after all, total 660+ cannot be butter smooth.
I am very interested to know the tarmac condition between Mahbubnagar and Krishna River, Krishna River and Raichur, Saat Meel Junction (7 mile junction after Raichur) and Lingasugur and lastly between Lingasugur and Bagalkot.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 13:12   #653
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Via Athani-Kolhapur works out longer unless one is headed to northern part of North Goa.

I did Hyderabad Home-PVNRE-Shadnagar-Pargi-Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Candolim a couple of weeks back. Distance is approximately 730km and took 14 hours including breaks for BF, lunch, fuel, etc.

The 2km stretch from Shadnagar towards Pargi is absolute disaster. Subsequent road is potholes ridden and 2 bridges are under construction. Strictly avoidable route.

Only toll was 65/- from AP-KA border till Gulbarga.

Return was Candolim-Chorla-Belgaum-Bagalkot-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Sedam-Pargi-Chevella-APPA Junction-Langar Houz-Hyderabad Home. Distance is 730km or so and took 13 hours including BF, lunch, fuel, etc. breaks.

Gajadonga suggests a slightly different route between Bijapur and Pargi. Worth trying out. Request him to post it here.

This was much better route. Few stretches had top tarmac missing else roads are butter smooth. For those who have recently travelled till Chevella/Vikarabad, no stretch will be worse than that. Even Goa side of Choral ghat is only as bad. I do not remember any potholes anywhere.
hyd_traveller,

How is the route between Bagalkot - Bijapur - Gulbarga? And, how many hours did it take?

I am doing Bangalore - Badami- Aihole -Patadkal-Nalwar(near Wadi/Yadgir)- Bangalore in a couple of weeks time.

Bangalore -Badami - Via Hubli
Aihole/Patadkal to Nalwar Via Bijapur- Option 1 Via NH218 (not sure where to deviate)
- Option 2 - Not quite sure about taking the internal SH (Two options as per Google)

Nalwar to Bangalore - Not decided - Via Yadgir,Narayanpet, Dhanwada and NH7

Prashkul, I am also looking at your options in the Bangalore-Gulbarga thread but unlike you, I don't have to touch Gulbarga and instead go to Nalwar (Sannathi)
mvp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 14:40   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post

Nalwar to Bangalore - Not decided - Via Yadgir,Narayanpet, Dhanwada and NH7

Prashkul, I am also looking at your options in the Bangalore-Gulbarga thread but unlike you, I don't have to touch Gulbarga and instead go to Nalwar (Sannathi)
The best and hassle free route from B'lore to Badami will be B'lore-Hubli-Navagund-Badami

Badami to Nalwar would be Badami-Mudugal-Lingsugur-Shorapur(surpur)-Shahpur-Nalwar

The best route from Nalwar to B'lore would be Nalwar-Yadgir-Gunjnoor-Narayanpet (Saidapur)-Dhanwada-Devarakadra-Mehboobnagar-Jadcherla-NH7

Mehboobnagar has couple of restaurants serving good Biryani, let me know if you are interested.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 6th March 2014 at 14:53.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 15:12   #655
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The best and hassle free route from B'lore to Badami will be B'lore-Hubli-Navagund-Badami

Badami to Nalwar would be Badami-Mudugal-Lingsugur-Shorapur(surpur)-Shahpur-Nalwar

The best route from Nalwar to B'lore would be Nalwar-Yadgir-Gunjnoor-Narayanpet (Saidapur)-Dhanwada-Devarakadra-Mehboobnagar-Jadcherla-NH7

Mehboobnagar has couple of restaurants serving good Biryani, let me know if you are interested.

Waseem.
Thanks, Waseem.

How are the road conditions in this route and estimated time of travel? - Badami to Nalwar would be Badami-Mudugal-Lingsugur-Shorapur(surpur)-Shahpur-Nalwar
Old 6th March 2014, 15:53   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Waseem.

How are the road conditions in this route and estimated time of travel? - Badami to Nalwar would be Badami-Mudugal-Lingsugur-Shorapur(surpur)-Shahpur-Nalwar
The roads should be good to average from Badami-Shahpur. I am not so sure on the 35 odd km stretch from Shahpur to Nalwar.

I can call up and find out if you want.

PS:I use to be a Med Rep long back and have traveled extensively in that region

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 17:09   #657
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The roads should be good to average from Badami-Shahpur. I am not so sure on the 35 odd km stretch from Shahpur to Nalwar.

I can call up and find out if you want.

PS:I use to be a Med Rep long back and have traveled extensively in that region

Waseem.
Thanks, again. I can take this route if my travel is comfortable enough and will take a call based on your further recommendations.

I would also avoid it if it makes my travel tedious and uncomfortable.
Old 7th March 2014, 11:34   #658
BHPian

Quote:
hyd_traveller,

How is the route between Bagalkot - Bijapur - Gulbarga? And, how many hours did it take?
The roads were pretty good. I think it was a 3/4 hours run for the 200/250km distance.
Old 13th March 2014, 13:37   #659
BHPian

Hi All,

Can you suggest the best route currently from Hyderabad to Goa. We plan to start from Kukatpally in an Innova and a swift.
Old 14th March 2014, 14:32   #660
BHPian

Dear All,

Anybody who has been to Goa recently can you suggest the best route please. Our journey is today.

Please help

Most Viewed