Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 16:51   #721
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Guys i am planning on starting tomorrow morning by car. I checked on Google but the option it is recommending is not what folks here are suggesting (the Vijayapura route).
https://goo.gl/maps/JjDvkarau1P2

Does the Google option have poorer roads compared to the Vijayapura route? I am traveling with kids and am trying to avoid any missteps. Thanks.
Old 9th October 2015, 17:53   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Gulbarga) - Bijapur - bypass bagalkote via Almatti route -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Goa. They said the roads are in good condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ponda-Sanquelim-Chorla-Belgaum-Bagalkot-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Sedam-Parigi-Hyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by racy846 View Post
Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Shahbad) - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa

My advice is take this route
Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Gulbarga) - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvarma1 View Post
Hyderabad - Parigi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Jewargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Majorda(Goa)
Majorda (Goa) - Chorla Ghat - Belgaum - Bagalkot - Bijapur - Jewargi - Gulbarga - Sedam - Parigi - Hyderabad
1. Hyderabad - Parigi - 90 KMS
2. Parigi - Sedam - 70 Kms
3. Sedam - Gulbarga - 50 Kms
4. Gulbarga - Jewargi - 40 Kms
5. Jewargi - Bijapur - 123 Kms
6. Bijapur - Bagalkot - 84 Kms
7. Bagalkot - Belgaum - 145 Kms
8. Belgaum - Majorda, Goa (via Chorla Ghat) - 126 Kms
Total - 728 Kms
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
Hyderabad to Gulbarga via Chevella - Pargi - Sedam.
Gulbarga to Goa via Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
hyd ORR - parigi - sedam -Gulbarga - bagalkote - belgaum - choral ghat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Guys i am planning on starting tomorrow morning by car. I checked on Google but the option it is recommending is not what folks here are suggesting (the Vijayapura route).
https://goo.gl/maps/JjDvkarau1P2

Does the Google option have poorer roads compared to the Vijayapura route? I am traveling with kids and am trying to avoid any missteps. Thanks.
Kalaburagi is the new name for Gulbarga but is still better known as Gulbarga only.

Vijayapura is the new name for Bijapur but is still better known as Bijapur only.

All members above have reported only this route and so stick to this as it is the best without doubt : Hyderbad - ORR - Chilkur Temple Road (Exit is APPA Junction) - Chevella - Pargi- Kodangal - Turn Right exactly after 14 km from Kodangal (Straight also says Goa at this junction and goes via Yadgir but that road is bad) - Sedam - Gulbarga aka Kalaburagi (use bye pass) - Jevargi - Bijapur aka Vijayapura (use bye pass) - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Sanquelim - Mapusa - North Goa.

Not much food options enroute and wherever available, pretty pathetic. Belgaum has Sankam Residency (no diversion needed) which is an excellent halt. Bijapur has a Kamat but you will need to go a bit into the city and backtrack for the bye pass. A few eatries exist opposite Gulbarga ESI Hospital. I carried lots of dry snacks and water from home.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 21:18   #723

Dear All,

Anybody who has used Hyderabad - Kolhapur road recently can you suggest the best route please and any suggestions if break in journey is required. Our journey is around 22nd Oct. Travelling with family. Vehicle will be Duster.

Please help and thanks in advance.
Old 25th October 2015, 19:59   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Yes, the best and doable.

Bijapur has a bye-pass so no need to go through the town unless you wish to break journey or eat at Kamat.
Thank you. Are there tolls on this route? If yes, how much are we looking at?
Old 25th October 2015, 20:58   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manvik View Post
DAnybody who has used Hyderabad - Kolhapur road recently can you suggest the best route please and any suggestions if break in journey is required. Our journey is around 22nd Oct. Travelling with family. Vehicle will be Duster.
Why via Kolhapur?
It is longer. Or you have some agenda on that route.
Go via Sedam, Gulbarga, Bijapur, Belgaum & Chorla as has been discussed in posts earlier on this thread.
Take a break at Belgaum if you want to.
Hyderabad to Goa with halts will be between 12 to 15 hours via above suggested route.
Revert with further doubts, if any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Thank you. Are there tolls on this route? If yes, how much are we looking at?
Just 2.
First. The Sedam road. From TS-KA border to Sedam.
Second. The Sedam road. From Sedam to Gulbarga.
You can pay through toll at first booth itself and sail through at the second one.
Apart from this, there is an entry tax at Goa Border. But that is applicable to all cars on all routes.
For amounts, scroll up.
Old 29th October 2015, 09:27   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Kalaburagi is the new name for Gulbarga but is still better known as Gulbarga only.

Vijayapura is the new name for Bijapur but is still better known as Bijapur only.

All members above have reported only this route and so stick to this as it is the best without doubt : Hyderbad - ORR - Chilkur Temple Road (Exit is APPA Junction) - Chevella - Pargi- Kodangal - Turn Right exactly after 14 km from Kodangal (Straight also says Goa at this junction and goes via Yadgir but that road is bad) - Sedam - Gulbarga aka Kalaburagi (use bye pass) - Jevargi - Bijapur aka Vijayapura (use bye pass) - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Sanquelim - Mapusa - North Goa.
Anyone who did this route recently?
Does this still remain the best route to Goa as of now? Planning to drive down during first week of November, prior to Diwali. I'm accounting for ~13 hours of driving time with 3-4 20-30 mins break. Is that reasonable?
Old 29th October 2015, 11:12   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Does this still remain the best route to Goa as of now? ...
This has been the best route for a while now.
Should be around 12 hours of drive, take the breaks extra.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:34   #728
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Anyone who did this route recently?
Does this still remain the best route to Goa as of now? Planning to drive down during first week of November, prior to Diwali. I'm accounting for ~13 hours of driving time with 3-4 20-30 mins break. Is that reasonable?
No other option sadly.15hrs to be on the safer side,with breaks.Leave as early as possible.Driving Chorla in the dark is not a very pleasant proposition!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 15:43   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No other option sadly.15hrs to be on the safer side,with breaks.Leave as early as possible.Driving Chorla in the dark is not a very pleasant proposition!
I'm planning to start from Hyd around 8pm night and hope to reach Candolim, where stay is arranged, by 10am. So would be hitting the ghat's early in the morning, which I guess should be fine? The traffic en route should be minimal owing to the night drive mostly.
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:08   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to start from Hyd around 8pm night and hope to reach Candolim, where stay is arranged, by 10am. So would be hitting the ghat's early in the morning, which I guess should be fine? The traffic en route should be minimal owing to the night drive mostly.
After daybreak Chorla is a beauty,the exact opposite of what it is in the dark!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:17   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beware of speed-breakers at the entry and exit of every village. You might miss spotting some of them at night. And make sure you take the correct road to Gulbarga from Pargi--I believe it is a turn that might be difficult to spot at night.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 07:37   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
After daybreak Chorla is a beauty,the exact opposite of what it is in the dark!
Looking forward to it. The last couple of drives where through Amboli ghats. This would be my first Chorla experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Beware of speed-breakers at the entry and exit of every village. You might miss spotting some of them at night. And make sure you take the correct road to Gulbarga from Pargi--I believe it is a turn that might be difficult to spot at night.
Tell me about it Venu sir. The unmarked speed breakers in this route have always troubled me. I also lose way all the time. Have to be more cautious this time around. Will keep GPS ON with the next point of the route keyed in for more precise routing.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:21   #733
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to start from Hyd around 8pm night and hope to reach Candolim, where stay is arranged, by 10am.
Whole night drive - I am assuming you have more than one driver in the group!

Quote:
...The unmarked speed breakers in this route have always troubled me. I also lose way all the time. ...
Actually I have found noticing speed breakers easier during drives in dark with the help of headlights/fog lamps, tend to show bumps more clearly.
But yeah .. you got to be more careful about missing turns, which becomes higher in probability.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:25   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Whole night drive - I am assuming you have more than one driver in the group!
Nope, I'll be driving all throughout. But I'm used to it and have already done couple of Goa drives at night. A nap in the evening before the start and a couple of Red Bulls should take me all the way.

Quote:
Actually I have found noticing speed breakers easier during drives in dark with the help of headlights/fog lamps, tend to show bumps more clearly.
But yeah .. you got to be more careful about missing turns, which becomes higher in probability.
Not missing the route is my top priority this time. I've gone though all possible roads, or lack of, the last couple of times and ended up driving 17-18hours before I reached the destination.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:46   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, I'll be driving all throughout. .,.

... the last couple of times and ended up driving 17-18hours before I reached the destination.
Hmmm .. good luck on both the fronts then

For the route, I would say track it on GPS hop-by-hop so that you have control on the overall plan.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks