Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 11:51   #751
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
... you have a good option through SH30 after Khanapur connecting to Anmod-Mollem-Ponda (check this for map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_factor View Post
.. How about taking a detour via Dharwad? I have relatives there.
On your route, the road between Ramnagar and Mollem is very patchy and potholed according to recent inputs.
Instead you may want to use the route I mentioned in my post above, as that has been recently relaid and folks coming from Bangalore through Hubli have been using - refer to this post.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 11:59   #752
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Thank you gentlemen.

The earliest I can depart from HYD would be 6am.

Nowadays I have problem driving after sunset. How about taking a detour via Dharwad? I have relatives there.

Would this route be ok?

https://goo.gl/maps/o39vFpRQLYJ2
Not familiar with that route and hence no clue about the road conditions. You might want to check with your relatives about the same.
Another option is the reach Belgaum by 4-5pm and stay there for the night. You have couple of decent places. Sankam Residency would be a good option. And you can resume the trip in the morning after the nice complimentary breakfast, and reach Goa before noon right in time for check-in.

Last edited by jayded : 19th November 2015 at 12:00.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 02:38   #753
BHPian

Thank you all for the great and detail advices on the HYD - GOA routes.

To better space the drive I am planning to include a stopover at HAMPI and then proceed to PANAJI via HUBLI.

For the sector HYD - HAMPI the suggested routes are:

Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Sindhanu - Gangavati - Hampi (378km)
https://goo.gl/maps/zVWyzWH6VNt

Hyderabad - Kurnool - Gooty - Ballary - Hampi (457km)
https://goo.gl/maps/LkDh6rA32n82

Requesting opinions.
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:51   #754
BHPian

Quote:
For the sector HYD - HAMPI the suggested routes are:
Gooty route is preferable although its longer, around 300kms is on Bangalore highway (NH7) which is in very good condition and saves you lots of time (& energy) w.r.t. SHs.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 00:56   #755
BHPian

Guys,

I'm planning to do a HYD-GOA-HYD during Christmas time.

Chose the following route while going based on the feedback here:

Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa

I have a zoom car booked from Hitec City@4.30 PM. Now, the thing is that we would need a stop over midway owing to lady passengers who'll be travelling with me. I was thinking Bijapur. Is Bijapur doable in 6 hrs? If not, Gulbarga?

Return route is not decided yet. We might visit dhudhsagar and carry on from there via Raichur or if it time doesn't permit we'll retrace the original route. Please suggest the place that would be suitable for a stop over if it is via Raichur.
Old 4th December 2015, 10:50   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post

Return route is not decided yet. We might visit dhudhsagar and carry on from there via Raichur or if it time doesn't permit we'll retrace the original route. Please suggest the place that would be suitable for a stop over if it is via Raichur.

Return if you are planning to come via Hubli and Raichur only these two are decent places to stop.
After Raichur its Mahabubnagar which has decent place for occomodation and food.
Old 6th December 2015, 01:21   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post

Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa

I have a zoom car booked from Hitec City@4.30 PM. Now, the thing is that we would need a stop over midway owing to lady passengers who'll be travelling with me. I was thinking Bijapur. Is Bijapur doable in 6 hrs? If not, Gulbarga?

Hi Ryuu, the above route is still the best route to reach goa, although you missed to mention Gulbarga after Jewargi (i did that mistake once and took a route from Shahbad, Ravoor. It was a nightmare).

Best stopover is @ Hotel Pearl, Bijapur. It is right near the Gol Gumbaz on main road.

It takes exactly 6 hours from Hyd to Bijapur.

I would suggest to stick to same route during return journeyb, if possible.
Old 21st December 2015, 14:26   #758
BHPian

Back from one more refreshing Goa trip(17th to 20th). Below are the route details.

Hyderabad - Raichur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla - Candolim. Return also the same route. Had to choose this route over Hyderabad - Pargi - Sedam - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla - Candolim because I had to pickup/drop my cousin in Raichur. Road condition is good all the way. No bad patches. Jadcharla to Raichur is decent. Raichur to Bagalkot is good but lots of speed breakers. Bagalkot to all the way till Goa excellent roads.

Travel time is 13.5 hours excluding breaks.
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:19   #759

Hello Bhpians,

This a fantastic forum and I always get amazing inputs on the itinerary and road maps. My Rajasthan trip last month was fabulous.

I along with 4 other friends are planning to drive to Goa next week. I have gone through the thread and most of the routes are destined to North Goa. Our plan is to visit South Goa.

I remember, last time when I visited South Goa, I came through North (from Chorla Ghat) and struggled driving through the Goa city and all the way to Paloam Beach.

So, i am planning to do Hyderabad - Pargi - Sedam - Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) - Bijapur (Vijayapura) - Bagalkot - Dharwad - Dandeli - South Goa.

Any idea how is the route from Bagalkot to South Goa.
Old 24th February 2016, 16:01   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post

So, i am planning to do Hyderabad - Pargi - Sedam - Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) - Bijapur (Vijayapura) - Bagalkot - Dharwad - Dandeli - South Goa.

Any idea how is the route from Bagalkot to South Goa.
Instead of Dharwad - Dandeli - South Goa, Take the Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-South Goa route. The Dandeli route is mostly single lane state highway roads through forest area, you wont be able to maintain high speeds. Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar road is in good condition (except for the ghat section).
Landkruzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 09:13   #761

I have been traveled to Goa on last weekend. I went via - Hyd - Parigi - Kodangal-Kalaburagi-Vijayapura-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Mausa-Calanguate. It took 12 hours to reach Goa due to night journey. On return came same way and took 13 hours as the travel is in day time with lot of two wheeler traffics near towns.

Time to travel:
Home 1:45 am
Parigi: 3am
Kodangal: 3:30am
Gulbarga: 4:40 am
Jeevargi: 5:10 am
Bijapur: 6:40 am
Bagalkot: 7:50 am
Belgamum: 9:45 am (Breakfast: 45 min)
Calanguate: 1:20 pm

Return:
Calanguate: 6:45 am
Belgaum: 9:40 am (Breakfast - 45 min)
Bagalkot: 11:50 am
Bijapur: 1:30 pm (Lunch - 30 min)
Gulbarga: 4:15 pm
Chevella: 6:30 pm
Home: 7:30 pm

Road Condition: Chevella - Parigi - Kodangal - Karnataka Border: Road is good but uneven in many places. The SH10 from Karnakata border to Gulbarga (kalaburagi) is awesome and one of the best two line road I traveled. Road widening is going on between Jeevargi and Vijayapura (Bijapur) but easily doable. Road is good between Bagalkot - belgaum - Chorla - Goa all the way.

Overall there are hardly 2 to 3 rough patches all the way in Karnataka.

Food break: Hotel Sankam residency in Belagavi (Belgaum). Breakfast is excellent
hyderabadi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 14:01   #762

Guys, I have reservations at Colva Beach which is in South Goa.
The Route this thread is recommending seems to be through Bijapur(Vijayapura)-Belgaum which will land me in Calangute, North Goa.

The route Google suggests is through Raichur-skipping Belgaum-Khagapur-Ponda-Colva. Should i ignore Google and drive from Calangute to Colva which could potentially take upto two hours extra or take up Google's suggestion? Any idea on the road conditions for the Google route?
Old 4th May 2016, 15:18   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoztheman83 View Post
The Route this thread is recommending seems to be through Bijapur(Vijayapura)-Belgaum which will land me in Calangute, North Goa.

The route Google suggests is through Raichur-skipping Belgaum-Khagapur-Ponda-Colva. Should i ignore Google and drive from Calangute to Colva which could potentially take upto two hours extra or take up Google's suggestion? Any idea on the road conditions for the Google route?
Colva is close to Margao, which is in the middle of the North-South span of Goa. Therefore, it will take an hour and half maximum to reach Colva from Thivim. So why not take the tried and trusted route via Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla?

The route via Raichur may not be shorter, even if you approach Goa from Karwar in the south. And I am not sure of any recent updates on that route, especially between Raichur and Hubli.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 16:53   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoztheman83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Colva is close to Margao, which is in the middle of the North-South span of Goa. Therefore, it will take an hour and half maximum to reach Colva from Thivim. So why not take the tried and trusted route via Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla?
The route via Raichur may not be shorter, even if you approach Goa from Karwar in the south. And I am not sure of any recent updates on that route, especially between Raichur and Hubli.
1) Hyderabad-Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot
a) Bagalkot-Belgaum-Sanquelim-Ponda-Margao-Colva
b) Bagalkot-Hubli-Londa-Ponda-Margao-Colva

2) Hyderabad-Raichur-Koppal-Gadag-Hubli-Londa-Ponda-Margao-Colva

3) Hyderabad-Gooty-Bellary-Hospet-Koppal-Gadag-Hubli-Londa-Ponda-Margao-Colva

Enough posts exist on various segments like on Gooty-Hospet, Koppal-Hubli, Hubli-Ponda, etc. on different threads. Read them up and take your choice.

I personally would attempt to do it using route 1a since I have not read any adverse comments about the road conditions. Though I have never bothered to read up about the road conditions between Ponda and Margao as that stretch is not not on my radar for travel.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:36   #765
Team-BHP Support

What is the best way to get to Arpora, Goa from APPA Junction, Hyderabad.

As per this thread and my friends advice its via the Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum.

But Google Maps shows the Mahboob Nagar-Raichur-Lingsugur-Bagalkot-Belgaum.

Will be travelling with Family and pit stops are not very important as we carry our own food.

However lesser traffic and smooth roads without speedbreakers will be preferred.

Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks