Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:41   #826
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

What would be the ideal time to start from Hyderabad to reach Goa by 2-3 pm if following the suggested route Hyd-Chevella-Manneguda-Parigi-Kodangal-Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Amboli ghat-North Goa

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:19   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
What would be the ideal time to start from Hyderabad to reach Goa by 2-3 pm if following the suggested route Hyd-Chevella-Manneguda-Parigi-Kodangal-Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Amboli ghat-North Goa

Thanks.
Would have to leave not later than 12am.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:05   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
Thanks @HighwayHopper, this is good news. Couple of bhpians are traveling on this route in first week of Oct (myself included), we should have a good idea in coming days. Just one question, the route to Gulbarga that your teamamate travels through, is it via Sedam or Zaheerabad?
Yes, he travels via Hyd-Parigi-Kodangal-Sedam-Gulbarga.
HighwayHopper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 14:55   #829
BHPian

Hope the roads are as mentioned by @HighwayHopper. Are there any more updates on the road condition?

My trip starting on 8th Oct 11:30 AM.
Stay in Belgaum overnight.
Enjoy Amboli ghats and vada pav on 9th,
Then, Go Goa Gone.

I'll try to post about the road condition as early as possible when I reach Goa.
Old 7th October 2016, 10:44   #830

Well count one more on the road to Goa. Just booked the hotel for 4 nights and realized that next four days got thunderstorms. Praying against the nature. Using the route given above.
Old 7th October 2016, 11:19   #831
BHPian

I reached yesterday. The road overall is in very good condition except the stretch between Jevargi and Bijapur which is peeled off for almost 40 to 50 kms but easily managable. Started at 1am, visited Gol Gumbaz in the morning and Amboli falls in afternoon. Could not visit Kavalshet point (reverse waterfalls) as i over shot by 10 kms and did not wanted to reverse as my 6 year old was sick due to altitude. On out skirts he started to vomit and blood started oozing out from his nose. Was very tensed and as advised by locals near Mapusa, i admitted him at district hospital and doctors confirmed it was because of altitude and pressure.

Weather is cloudy and superb with ocassional sun shine. Not sure but I think water sports had already started as i saw a water scooter been ferried to the beach near baga. Will try to provide more details when i am back from hospital.
Old 7th October 2016, 12:07   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
I reached yesterday. The road overall is in very good condition except the stretch between Jevargi and Bijapur which is peeled off for almost 40 to 50 kms but easily managable. Weather is cloudy and superb with ocassional sun shine. Not sure but I think water sports had already started as i saw a water scooter been ferried to the beach near baga.

Thanks for the update and hope all is well with your son. I am traveling with two 4 yr olds. Your information was helpful.

Last edited by ampere : 7th October 2016 at 12:12. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 7th October 2016, 12:49   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
I reached yesterday. The road overall is in very good condition except the stretch between Jevargi and Bijapur which is peeled off for almost 40 to 50 kms but easily managable. Started at 1am, visited Gol Gumbaz in the morning and Amboli falls in afternoon. Could not visit Kavalshet point (reverse waterfalls) as i over shot by 10 kms and did not wanted to reverse as my 6 year old was sick due to altitude. On out skirts he started to vomit and blood started oozing out from his nose. Was very tensed and as advised by locals near Mapusa, i admitted him at district hospital and doctors confirmed it was because of altitude and pressure.
Thanks @HighwayHopper for the update. I hope all is well with your son now. Enjoy the trip. I'm traveling with 3 yr old daughter, will keep Nasoclear and Nasivion handy to keep stuffy nose at bay at least.
Old 7th October 2016, 17:40   #834
BHPian

Better to carry a nebulizer if you have. Weather is very good and goa is in full action.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-14758420965602071932989.jpg  

HighwayHopper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 08:15   #835
BHPian

Does anyone know of any good place on the route(Hyd-Gulburga-Jevargi-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum) where ladies can freshen up? Condition of petrol pump lavatories is usually pathetic.
Old 8th October 2016, 12:06   #836
BHPian

Add one more to the list of bhpian travelling from HYD to GOA! Initially planned to drive down but changed at the last moment and taking flight.

@HighwayHopper - Hope your son is better now! and Thanks for the update! looking forward to it. Hoping against the weather predication of raining for next 4 days
Old 8th October 2016, 13:46   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
Does anyone know of any good place on the route(Hyd-Gulburga-Jevargi-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum) where ladies can freshen up? Condition of petrol pump lavatories is usually pathetic.
The toilet at the petrol pump on the right side just before start of bye pass / ring road at Gulbarga when going from Hyderabad towards Goa was decent enough for ladies to use when I checked it out at around 10am during my last trip. But, certainly not comparable to a star level hotel. We did not fuel up there and only used the toilet.
Old 8th October 2016, 20:42   #838
BHPian

He has been discharged yesterday and doing good now. It has been raining since morning and so we did not go to the beach. Hope the weather will be better tomorrow.
Old 11th October 2016, 22:17   #839

I had two ladies and one of them pregnant and had a tough time finding toilets which are clean. We stopped at Bijapur and got tempted to visit the kamat there which turned out to be the worst in the entire kamat chain I visited till date. You can't enter into the toilets. Also the food options are scarce around bagalkot road. So you see any good spot don't hope to get a better one later, you may starve. I am planning to come via the lingusugar and maraboob nagar route. Rains didn't spoiled the trip. If you have kids, I suggest vegator beach. The beach to avoid, if you are not looking for a pilgrimage crowd is calongate beach. But vegator doesn't have shacks and baga could be a good alternate.
Old 12th October 2016, 11:28   #840
BHPian

I have just done with my trip to Goa:

Onward: 08 Oct
Route taken: Hyd-Chevella-Manneguda-Parigi-Sedam-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla ghat-Candolim
Started from Hyderabad at 0415 am
Reached North Goa at 0730 pm
Lunch at Sankam (Belgaum)
Overall Road Condition: Average - There is a rough patch of almost 60 to 70 km after Sedam
Chorla Ghat: Good road

Return: 11 Oct
Route taken: Candolim-Chorla Ghat-Belgaum-Bagalkot-Lingsugur-Deosugur-Jadcherla-Hyderabad
Started from North Goa at 0530 am
Reached Hyderabad at 0800 pm
Breakfast at Sankam
Overall Road Condition: Below average. Raichur Highway cannot be called as a Highway!!!
Only relief was: around 100 km on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway!

Car: SX4 - Diesel.
Driving: Self
What I felt was with such bad roads, we have to have at least two persons who can drive, otherwise, one cannot enjoy the road trip.

Reached little faster on return because no lunch stop and also the contribution of 100 odd km on BLR-HYD highway!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks