Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 09:41   #961
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Thanks Jayded, i stay at a junction where the NH 65 is to the left and the ORR to the right and i hear that the Humnabad route till Gulbarga is quite good. So thinking of doing a 2 am start, that way i will reach North Goa by around 4 pm.

Am starting on the 23rd, would be good to know if any other bhpian is travelling on the same day.
Old 15th November 2017, 22:07   #962
BHPian

Just found out that India Bike Week is scheduled for the 24th and the 25th of this month at Goa. Coincides with my travel plans perfectly albeit its a packed schedule already, will try to attend if time permits. Hoping to meet some bhpians out there if anyone is visiting.
Old 24th November 2017, 17:59   #963
BHPian

Friends - looking for an urgent advice ! I am starting for GOA from HYD with family tomorrow morning around 4 am. Plan is to stay @ Belagvi overnight.

I noticed the route via Humnabad - Gulbarga is mostly recommended here on this thread but goggle maps is telling the route via Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Baglkot-Belagavi-chorla-n Goa.

I wanted to get expert advice - which route should I take. Also, any recommendations for breaks on the way- breakfast, lunch etc. would be highly appreciated
Old 24th November 2017, 19:51   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Friends - looking for an urgent advice ! I am starting for GOA from HYD with family tomorrow morning around 4 am. Plan is to stay @ Belagvi overnight.

I noticed the route via Humnabad - Gulbarga is mostly recommended here on this thread but goggle maps is telling the route via Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Baglkot-Belagavi-chorla-n Goa.

I wanted to get expert advice - which route should I take. Also, any recommendations for breaks on the way- breakfast, lunch etc. would be highly appreciated
Both routes are average to good.Irrespective of the route budget for a 14hour drive with breaks to Panjim.Good places to stop enroute are few.Siddhipriya on Sedam Road opposite the ESI Hospital as you approach Gulbarga is a good place for breakfast-the typical Udupi restaurant https://goo.gl/maps/pA9vZEPdVf52

Lunch can be at Sankam Residency https://goo.gl/maps/R7iyX2DSkF42
Old 24th November 2017, 22:07   #965
BHPian

Many thanks for timely advice ranjitp1! This is very helpful
Old 24th November 2017, 22:31   #966
BHPian

I took this route, Humnabad > Gulbarga > Bagalkot > Belagavi > Chorla > Baga. Took me 13 hrs 22 mins in total. Started around 3:20 am and reached by 4:45 pm .Google Maps led me to skip Vijaypura along state highways through farmlands, where the road conditions were bad in patches. I didn't stop for Breakfast or Lunch as we took home cooked food and other snacks. However there were multiple short breaks at the end of each (approx) 150 kms.
Old 28th November 2017, 22:07   #967
BHPian

Friends - I am planning for a trip from Hyd to Goa, however, I do not want to drive continuously for 13 hours and would like to take a day break on the way to Goa. Any suggestions on the path and stay? I can drive to a max 6 hours a day and would like to rest and hang around some where nice.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 28th November 2017 at 22:12.
Old 28th November 2017, 22:28   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Friends - I am planning for a trip from Hyd to Goa, however, I do not want to drive continuously for 13 hours and would like to take a day break on the way to Goa. Any suggestions on the path and stay? I can drive to a max 6 hours a day and would like to rest and hang around some where nice.
D1: Hyd-Hampi/Hospet
D2:Hampi-Goa

That is the only "nice" place that I can think of for a stopover enroute
Hyatt Place,Evolve Back,Clarks Inn Hampi,Royal Orchid and many more depending on your budget.

Else you can stayover at Gadag which too has some nice hotels-Clarks Inn.

Post Gadag,your next best option would only be at Hubli.

https://goo.gl/maps/y3JBQ8Sw3nm
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 01:57   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
D1: Hyd-Hampi/Hospet
D2:Hampi-Goa

That is the only "nice" place that I can think of for a stopover enroute
Hyatt Place,Evolve Back,Clarks Inn Hampi,Royal Orchid and many more depending on your budget.

Else you can stayover at Gadag which too has some nice hotels-Clarks Inn.

Post Gadag,your next best option would only be at Hubli.

https://goo.gl/maps/y3JBQ8Sw3nm
This is really helpful. Thanks a lot ranjit. Hampi sounds like a great place and thanks for the hotel suggestions as well. Will update once my trip is done
Old 1st December 2017, 18:51   #970
BHPian

Done and Dusted. Thanks to all the bhpians in this thread who helped with my queries .

Travelogue in here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ruti-alto.html
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 14:54   #971

I would be driving Pune - Hyderabad - Kolhapur next week in Hyundai Grand i10. This will be our first long drive in India except few Pune - Kolhapur - Goa - Kolhapur - Pune done last year.

As I'll be travelling with our 2.5 years old kid and wife, we want to go easy and follow better routes than shorter routes. For Pune - Hyderabad, we will follow Pune - Solapur - Gulbarga - Humnabad - Hyderabad route. Please suggest on Hyderabad - Kolhapur route. I do not see much information on this route. From the thread for Hyderabad - Kolhapur route, the suggested route is - Hyderabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Kolhapur with no information on Bijapur - Kolhapur part.

For Hyderabad to Bijapur, which route should be taken if we start from Gachibowli area? The route via Sedam - Pargi or via Zaheerabad - Humnabad?

It seems, Bijapur is the only good place to have a night halt on this route in case I feel exhausted. I'm keen on starting early and complete the journey in one day and hence not planning to pre-book accommodation. However, as things may not go as planned with a kid, am wondering if it would be wiser to take a halt at Bijapur. Will it be possible to get spot booking in any good hotel in Bijapur?

We do rely fully on Google maps on the road, it seems it's not reliable on this routes. do we fully rely on road signs here?

Any suggestion on Bijapur - Kolhapur road or any alternate route is welcome.
Old 21st December 2017, 16:27   #972
BHPian

Did anyone travel the Hyd - Sindhanur stretch recently? Wanted to check on the road condition near Mahbubnagar. Someone was mentioning that the entire 200+ km is bad.
Are there any other alternate routes suggested?
Old 29th December 2017, 10:55   #973

I'll be travelling to Goa with family on 7th Jan, 2018 and after going through numerous route suggestions, finally I've zeroed in on the following route to Benaulim, Goa and back:
Hyderabad (Kukatpally) -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgi -> Jevargi -> Vijayapura -> Bagalkot -> Bailhongal -> Mollem -> Ponda -> Benaulim.

I'll be bypassing Belgaum because travelling to the Southern part of Goa. Planning to leave by 4:30 AM in the morning (hence will not be taking the ORR) and hoping to reach by 7:00 PM to the destination. Being a single driver, will be packing the food so as to avoid long lunch breaks.

I'll post the road conditions or anything specific I encounter during the journey.
Old 29th December 2017, 11:50   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
I'll post the road conditions or anything specific I encounter during the journey.
Just bear in mind that you may encounter fog on the Mollem ghats in the dark.
Old 29th December 2017, 12:15   #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just bear in mind that you may encounter fog on the Mollem ghats in the dark.

Thank you very much Ranjit for the tip, I did not consider the aspect of fog at all. Will try to be careful and hope that I will cross the ghat before sunset.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks