Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 10:36   #916
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hi All,

I am traveling with Family(Wife and 1.7 yrs kid) to Goa tomorrow. Anyone else starting during that time? Since I am driving, can you guys suggest me best route to take. Is this " Hyderabad -Pargi-Sedam-Kalaburagi-Jevargi-Vijaypura-Jamkhandi-Mudhol-Belgavi-Chorla-Goa " the best route to take? I booked resort on Candolim Beach. Got my BRV serviced yesterday. I am planning to start around 4 pm and drive though out night. Can anyone suggest the ideal town/place to do stop over if I feel the need to rest.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by arun_kun : 10th August 2017 at 10:40.
Old 10th August 2017, 11:41   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Hi All,

I am traveling with Family(Wife and 1.7 yrs kid) to Goa tomorrow. Anyone else starting during that time? Since I am driving, can you guys suggest me best route to take. Is this " Hyderabad -Pargi-Sedam-Kalaburagi-Jevargi-Vijaypura-Jamkhandi-Mudhol-Belgavi-Chorla-Goa " the best route to take? I booked resort on Candolim Beach. Got my BRV serviced yesterday. I am planning to start around 4 pm and drive though out night. Can anyone suggest the ideal town/place to do stop over if I feel the need to rest.

There are no good places to stay on the route till you reach Belgaum which should take you a good 9-10 hours from Hyderabad.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 21:26   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was scheduled to drive on Saturday but, I cancelled since I just returned earlier this week from an international vacation and my body is rejecting back to back vacations

Lot of Hyderabad BHPians are in Goa over the long weekend. Couple of them are starting tomorrow morning at 5:00am. Look out for a Silver Hyundai Elantra and a Black Honda Civic. Another BHPian has already reached Goa this evening (by Flight)

Mod Manson has already reached Goa...So and so forth!!

Btw, you are starting at a very wrong time with a small kid as this route is very complicated and has many deviations and is not really a straight forward road and travelling through the ghats at night is not a good idea with such a small kid in the car. Also, I think Chorla Ghat is closed for some reason so please check this info through some other sources as well before embarking on that route. You can go via. Amboli Ghat also to reach Sawantwadi and then on too Candolim

Also, only place to stay in this route is Gulbarga (too early to stop) or Belguam (too late to stop)

My friends are also staying in Candolim so you may bump into them

My two cents : Goa drive means it always has to start at 5:00am so you can reach by 5:00-6:00pm in evening at most but, if there is a constraint then you cannot really help it but, it's not a good idea overall

Enjoy and Drive safe !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 13:11   #919

I will be driving to Goa in my Honda Brio on Sep 23rd. Realized after reading all previous posts that it takes 13-15 hours to reach Calangute. Any decent place to stay for the night in Bagalkot area ?

Last edited by shiva33 : 17th August 2017 at 13:36. Reason: Updated Post
Old 17th August 2017, 17:52   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva33 View Post
I will be driving to Goa in my Honda Brio on Sep 23rd. Realized after reading all previous posts that it takes 13-15 hours to reach Calangute. Any decent place to stay for the night in Bagalkot area ?
It would easily take you round about 15 hours to reach Calangute,considering you are doing the major part of your drive in the darkness.

The Vista http://www.thevistahotels.in/

The Clarks Inn http://hotelclarksinn.com/hotel/clarks-inn-bagalkot/
Old 17th August 2017, 18:07   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva33 View Post
If breaking journey is a must, just plan in such a way so that you can halt at Belgaum. It is not that far from Bagalkot. More variety of hotels, better choices of food and most importantly, you can be in Goa by noon next day without having to start at dawn or unearthly hours.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 04:47   #922
BHPian

I am visiting Goa from Nov 1st to Nov 5th. Accomodation is already booked in Calangute residency. I am planning to start very early at 8PM on Oct 31st and want to visit Dudhsagar falls and then enter Goa. Can any one suggest the best route to the falls from Hyderabad and how safe is the route for night journey. We are 2 families travelling in my car.

Last edited by HighwayHopper : 18th August 2017 at 04:48.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:56   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Saw this post only now. Actually the stretch of road between Jamkhandi and Mudhol via Mahalingpur was the worst road I'd ever driven on! This was 7 years ago though. Not sure how things are now.

Can you please care to update?
Old 18th August 2017, 14:44   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
I am visiting Goa from Nov 1st to Nov 5th. Accomodation is already booked in Calangute residency. I am planning to start very early at 8PM on Oct 31st and want to visit Dudhsagar falls and then enter Goa. Can any one suggest the best route to the falls from Hyderabad and how safe is the route for night journey. We are 2 families travelling in my car.
Dudsagar,entry is open from 8 to 4.The first departure is around 8am from Kulem Railway station and the last one at 4pm.Try and be in the earliest batches when the rush is less and you have plenty of sunlight.If the rains begin the whole area can get quite cloudy and dark and eerie

The jeeps charge about 2800-3500 for 7people,else it was 450 per person.The jeep waits for 90 minutes and comes back.If you are hiring the jeep all for yourself,then negotiate with a driver for some extra time,which he would gladly do for an extra tip.

You can spend the night at Bagalkot or Belgaum,both of which have good hotels.Ofcourse Belgaum has the better ones.Turn off the NH4A while coming from Belgaum after the Mollem Forest Checkpost and head straight to Kulem Railway station.You can park your vehicle at the railway station and hire the jeep from there.No safety issues on the route,however the roads are all traditional 2 lane highways,so will take a fair bit of time.Budget for around 10-12 hours to Belgaum in the night.
Old 21st August 2017, 08:38   #925

Did anyone traveled to Goa from Hyd via - Raichur - Sindhanur - Kushtagi - Rona - Navalgund - Dharwad - Goa. Please let me know the road condition between raichur - dharwad via kushtagi..
Old 22nd August 2017, 01:27   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Dudsagar,entry is open from 8 to 4.The first departure is around 8am from Kulem Railway station and the last one at 4pm.Try and be in the earliest batches when the rush is less and you have plenty of sunlight.If the rains begin the whole area can get quite cloudy and dark and eerie

The jeeps charge about 2800-3500 for 7people,else it was 450 per person.The jeep waits for 90 minutes and comes back.If you are hiring the jeep all for yourself,then negotiate with a driver for some extra time,which he would gladly do for an extra tip.

You can spend the night at Bagalkot or Belgaum,both of which have good hotels.Ofcourse Belgaum has the better ones.Turn off the NH4A while coming from Belgaum after the Mollem Forest Checkpost and head straight to Kulem Railway station.You can park your vehicle at the railway station and hire the jeep from there.No safety issues on the route,however the roads are all traditional 2 lane highways,so will take a fair bit of time.Budget for around 10-12 hours to Belgaum in the night.
Thank you ranjitp1. What route is better and safe for night travel as I will be starting around 8 PM. Google maps is suggesting the below routes.

1) Hyderabad-Raichur-Manvi-Sindhanur-Kushtagi-Gajendragad-Navalgund-Dharwad-Mollem-Dudhsagar

2) Hyderabad-Raichur-Manvi-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Koppal-Gadag-Navalgund-Dharwad-Mollem-Dudhsagar

3) Hyderabad-Raichur-Lingsugur-Bagalkot-Yeragati-Belgaum-Khanapur-Mollem-Dudhsagar

4) Hyderabad-Sedam-Gulbarga-Jevargi-Bilgi-Bagalkot-Yeragati-Bailhongal-Khanapur-Mollem-Dudhsagar
Old 22nd August 2017, 06:18   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Thank you ranjitp1. What route is better and safe for night travel as I will be starting around 8 PM. Google maps is suggesting the below routes.

1) Hyderabad-Raichur-Manvi-Sindhanur-Kushtagi-Gajendragad-Navalgund-Dharwad-Mollem-Dudhsagar

2) Hyderabad-Raichur-Manvi-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Koppal-Gadag-Navalgund-Dharwad-Mollem-Dudhsagar

3) Hyderabad-Raichur-Lingsugur-Bagalkot-Yeragati-Belgaum-Khanapur-Mollem-Dudhsagar

4) Hyderabad-Sedam-Gulbarga-Jevargi-Bilgi-Bagalkot-Yeragati-Bailhongal-Khanapur-Mollem-Dudhsagar
I don't have the latest info on the road conditions,am sure someone else would respond to your query shortly with updates.Irrespective of the route you take all the roads are going to be isolated at night,so assistance is going to be hard to come by should a necessity arise.My suggestion would be Gulbarga Bijapur Dharwad Nh4A Alnavar Mollem(if you do not intend on staying at Belgaum)
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:04   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
If breaking journey is a must, just plan in such a way so that you can halt at Belgaum. It is not that far from Bagalkot. More variety of hotels, better choices of food and most importantly, you can be in Goa by noon next day without having to start at dawn or unearthly hours.
Sounds perfect, I intend to depart at 5 AM, so I should be reaching to Belgaum by 5-6 PM.
Old 5th September 2017, 22:24   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I don't have the latest info on the road conditions,am sure someone else would respond to your query shortly with updates.Irrespective of the route you take all the roads are going to be isolated at night,so assistance is going to be hard to come by should a necessity arise.My suggestion would be Gulbarga Bijapur Dharwad Nh4A Alnavar Mollem(if you do not intend on staying at Belgaum)
I was just checking SRS travels website who run a Volvo service between Hyderabad and Dharwad via Mahabubnagar-Raichur-Koppal-Gadag in 9.30hrs duration and I think this bus travels via Sindhanur and Gangavathi. I am still trying to find out if this is the best route until Dharwad as Dudhsagar falls is another 120 KMs from here.
Old 6th September 2017, 06:35   #930
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Goa in the last week of September. Google Maps/ Team BHP indicate the following 2 routes i.e.
a) Hyderabad - Parigi - Sedam - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belagavi - Chorlai - Candolim
b) Hyderabad - Annasagar - Deosugur - Raichur - Lingsugur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla - Candolim

Last month i had traveled on the route Hyderabad - Annasagar - Deosugur - Raichur and found it to be pretty good.

Someone in the forum mentioned that route b is a simpler and straightforward route. Also there are lot of speed breakers between Raichur - Lingsugur. Any suggestions/feedback regarding the same will be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks