Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 06:24   #991
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Planning to drive to Goa this month again !!! Is Hyderabad - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Belagavi - Chorla - Candolim still the preferred route? Would appreciate feedback/suggestions regarding the same .
Old 7th August 2018, 15:32   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Planning to drive to Goa this month again !!! Is Hyderabad - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Belagavi - Chorla - Candolim still the preferred route? Would appreciate feedback/suggestions regarding the same .
You can take above route if heading for North Goa, for South Goa I recently did :

Hyderabad-Annasagar-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Koppal-Hubli-Karwar-Palolem.
Caution: Avoid this if travelling at night as Annasagar-Raichur and Gangavathi-Hubli are under construction with some pretty tricky stretches, stick to the route you had mentioned.
Even I had taken the route you mentioned, during return, as I didn't want to do Raichur-Annasagar at night.
Hope it helped.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 22:30   #993
BHPian

Quote:

I am planning to do the same route. What are your travel dates? I am starting this Friday morning, will b staying 2 days in north n 2 in south.
Old 8th August 2018, 22:59   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
I am planning to do the same route. What are your travel dates? I am starting this Friday morning, will b staying 2 days in north n 2 in south.
Hi Arun, please do update on the road conditions. I guess you are starting on Friday 10th Aug. Ill be starting on 11th Aug early morning. You can PM me or update on this thread. Ill be staying in South Goa.
Looking forward to your updates.

As of now, have planned to take below route, as suggested
Hyderabad-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Old Goa-Get on Mumbai Goa Highway.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 8th August 2018 at 23:02.
Old 8th August 2018, 23:01   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Arun, please do update in the road conditions. I guess you are starting on Friday 10th Aug. Ill be starting on 11th Aug early morning. You can PM me or update on this thread. Ill be staying in South Goa.
Looking forward to your updates.
Sure, will do when ever I can. Where are you staying in South Goa, I have not yet booked hotel/resort for South. Do you have any pointers?
Old 10th August 2018, 21:09   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, will do when ever I can. Where are you staying in South Goa, I have not yet booked hotel/resort for South. Do you have any pointers?
Hi Arun, hope you reached and had a good trip. Can You please update on the thread here. Somehow my Inbox is not opening in the app.

Would appreciate it.
Old 10th August 2018, 21:51   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arun, hope you reached and had a good trip. Can You please update on the thread here. Somehow my Inbox is not opening in the app.

Would appreciate it.

Hi,

I started around 9.30 am today and just reached Belgaum by 9 where halting for night.

Hyd to Humnabad road is excellent. At Humnabad you turn left to NH50 towards Kalburgi and Javergi and then on to Bijapur. Roads till Bijapur are good except few patches. Just before Bijapur you turn left to NH52 towards Bagalkot. First 40 kms for this stretch is under repair so it will slow you down and after that roads are pretty good. Bagalkot to Belguam road is pretty except few patches and last 40 odd kms is Ghat and rain has caught up with us. Night with rainy conditions was bit tricky. I will ping you my phone no on IM if you have any other queries. Sorry if I missed out anything as I am tired and about to sleep. Hope this helps.
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 05:37   #998
BHPian

By the way, my cousin is already in Goa and he saying that it's raining cat n dogs and as I see the forecast is same through out the weekend.
Old 11th August 2018, 18:16   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Am planning for last week of August. It seems that the rain gods have been generous in Goa. Hope you did not encounter too much rain on your way to Goa. Keeping fingers crossed !!!
Old 13th August 2018, 13:50   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am planning for last week of August. It seems that the rain gods have been generous in Goa. Hope you did not encounter too much rain on your way to Goa. Keeping fingers crossed !!!
Much rain here. Every half an hour. Medium to heavy rains. Sea is rough now. Cavelossim beach has completely changed from what we saw in November last year. Havent seen sun yet.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 15:23   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, my cousin is already in Goa and he saying that it's raining cat n dogs and as I see the forecast is same through out the weekend.
Where are you putting up in South ? Did you book a place ?
Old 13th August 2018, 19:09   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Where are you putting up in South ? Did you book a place ?

I am staying in Planet Hollywood Resort n Spa.
Old 13th August 2018, 22:25   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
.......I started around 9.30 am today and just reached Belgaum by 9 where halting for night......
Hi Arun, I am planning to drive to South Goa with an overnight halt at Belgaum. Would be interested in knowing the name of the hotel you stayed at in Belgaum and whether you did an advance booking.
Old 14th August 2018, 10:36   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Hi Arun, I am planning to drive to South Goa with an overnight halt at Belgaum. Would be interested in knowing the name of the hotel you stayed at in Belgaum and whether you did an advance booking.

I stayed in Navaratna, it was around 1500/- bugs and it was ok. Rooms were decent and it was on the way not much of detour so opted for it.
Old 14th August 2018, 13:15   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
I stayed in Navaratna, it was around 1500/- bugs and it was ok. Rooms were decent and it was on the way not much of detour so opted for it.
Thanks for the info. The typo 'bugs' brought on a smile. When we drove to Goa last year we stopped overnight at Bijapur, to and fro, and stayed at Hotel Pearl.

On the return leg, at around 3.00 AM, my wife found the bed infested with bed bugs. We didn't waste more time but beat a hasty retreat and started for Hyderabad in the middle of the night.

We have now decided that on the outward leg we will stop overnight in Belgaum and on the return leg spend the night in Gulbarga. Need to check out hotels in Gulbarga.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks