Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 15:59   #976

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Thank you very much Ranjit for the tip, I did not consider the aspect of fog at all. Will try to be careful and hope that I will cross the ghat before sunset.
I went to South goa 2 wees back. The roads are good all the way.

Started from home around 12:30 am (midnight) and reached southgoa (cavelossim) by 1:30 pm.

Route map: https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/JN...15.1791179!3e0

Hyderabad - Kalaburagi (via Humnabad) - 4 line Road till Humnabad (except 1km rough road near state border). From humnabad to Kalaburagi - Road is good and speedbrakers near villages (extension work going on at one place) Took 3 hours from Home - Kalaburagi.

Kalaburagi - Vijayapura - Road is good - average as road widening going on between Jeevargi and Sindgi - Time 2:30 hours.

Vijayapura - Bagalkot crossroads - Road is ok/average as at someplaces road widening is going on. time 1.2 hours.

Bagalkot - Belgavi - Excellent road and took 2:10 hours. Stopped at Sankam residency hotel for breakfast.

Belgavi - Khanapur - Anmod - Mollem - Curchorem - Cavelossim - Roads are excellent. Journey time 4 hours. From khanapur, as suggested in the map, I took the anmond road which is in good condition, but single narrow road have to get down if any truck or bus nears. But the journey is too scenic as the road goes through 'Bhimgad wild life sanctuary'.
From mollem to Curchorem - it's truckers road as mining trucks flow in queue that sometimes you can not overtake as too many trucks on the road.
hyderabadi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:40   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
=========
From mollem to Curchorem - it's truckers road as mining trucks flow in queue that sometimes you can not overtake as too many trucks on the road.
Thanks Hyderabadi, I was actually planning to bypass Belgaum, but seems it is better to go via Belgaum, your post helped!
Old 4th January 2018, 18:00   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Thanks Hyderabadi, I was actually planning to bypass Belgaum, but seems it is better to go via Belgaum, your post helped!
I visited Palolem (further South) mid last year, where I took Mehboobnagar -> Raichur -> Sindhanur -> Hubblli route, which is quite a good road (except few portion near Raichur) and you will be able to avoid the traffic of Belgaum
Krishroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 19:24   #979

Thanks Krish Roy for the updates, i have kind of jotted the plan to go via Bijapur based on the latest updates..
Old 5th January 2018, 18:44   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binil View Post
For Hyderabad to Bijapur, which route should be taken if we start from Gachibowli area? The route via Sedam - Pargi or via Zaheerabad - Humnabad?
I did Hyderabad-Goa in November and took Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga-Jevargi-Bijapur route. I prefer this route as Hyderabad-Humnabad is now 4-laned. Hyderabad-Gulbarga can be covered in 3-3.5 hrs.
Old 12th January 2018, 12:45   #981

We too did the same on 27th December. From Masabtank, followed ORR - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Jevargi - Bijapur. Reached Gulbarga in 2 hours 45 minutes with a short break of 5 minutes. From Gulbarga to Bijapur Gol Gambuz took 3 hours with 15 - 20 minutes in 3 short breaks.
Old 15th January 2018, 19:47   #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishroy View Post
I visited Palolem (further South) mid last year, where I took Mehboobnagar -> Raichur -> Sindhanur -> Hubblli route, which is quite a good road (except few portion near Raichur) and you will be able to avoid the traffic of Belgaum
Thanks Krishroy for this update. I am taking this route for return to Hyderabad tomorrow. Can you advise how long did you take to cover this route?
Old 5th March 2018, 16:33   #983
BHPian

Hi mates, I am planning for a trip to Goa (primarily Agonda) in the last week of March. I have previously done the route: Hyderabad-Annasagar-Devarkadra-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Panjim.
This time, since I am going further South, I am planning the following:
Hyderabad-Annasagar-Devarkadra-Raichur-Sindhanur-Navalgund-Dharwad-Londa-Agonda.

I am concerned mostly about the Sindhanur-Navalgund stretch as I am not getting any updates on the road condition. The alternative is to take the longer and more traffic prone Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Koppal-Hubli. Also I was informed that between Koppal to Hubli, there will be significant delays due to road widening work.I will be (most probably) doing this stretch at night.
Can anybody update which is the better route (or if there's a 3rd alternative)?
Old 8th March 2018, 07:53   #984
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
This time, since I am going further South, I am planning the following:
Hyderabad-Annasagar-Devarkadra-Raichur-Sindhanur-Navalgund-Dharwad-Londa-Agonda.
Since its Agonda, you can also try the Hubli route.

Hubli-Ankola-KArwar-Agonda.

Quote:
Also I was informed that between Koppal to Hubli, there will be significant delays due to road widening work.I will be (most probably) doing this stretch at night.
Night driving would be difficult in this section as you rightly say. Start early morning to tread on these sections during day? Since you are driving to Agonda, making Hubli/Dharwad as a the fulcrum makes more sense than Belgaum.

Last edited by ampere : 8th March 2018 at 13:40. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 8th March 2018, 12:56   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Since its Agonda, you can also try the Hubli route.

Hubli-Ankola-KArwar-Agonda.

Night driving would be difficult in this section as you rightly say. Start early morning to tread on these sections during day? Since you are driving to Agonda, making Hubli/Dharwad as a the fulcrum makes more sense than Belgaum.
Thanks Ampere,
The reason I was not keen on the Ankola-Karwar-Agonda bit was that I got information that heavy truck traffic has increased significantly on certain stretches of this road post closure of Shiradi Ghat Road(please correct me if my information is wrong). Do you have any information on the Sindhanur-Navalgund stretch?

Unfortunately starting early is really not an option (wifey's office commitment). Is the Koppal-Hubli stretch that bad?
I am starting to rethink the entire route now. Maybe I will stick to my tried and tested Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla (even though I know it makes more sense to do Hubli-Dharwad instead of Belgaum).

Regards

Last edited by revvenant : 8th March 2018 at 12:59. Reason: Missed one place in original post.
Old 8th March 2018, 13:42   #986
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere,
The reason I was not keen on the Ankola-Karwar-Agonda bit was that I got information that heavy truck traffic has increased significantly on certain stretches of this road post closure of Shiradi Ghat Road(please correct me if my information is wrong).
Closure of Shiradi should ideally have no impact on the Ankola-Hubli section.

Quote:
Do you have any information on the Sindhanur-Navalgund stretch?
Dont know much about this. But yes, Hubli-Hospet is a pain thanks to 4-lane work.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 15:24   #987
BHPian

Friends I am starting next week and have finalized on this route : Hyderabad-Annasagar-Devarkadra-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Koppal-Hubli.

From Hubli which route will be better (in terms of conditions, traffic and scenery) :
a) Dharwad-Londa-Anmod-Mollem-Agonda
b) Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Agonda
Google map shows a difference of about 22 kms (more in the second route).

Requesting quick turnaround as I have very little time left to prepare and I am travelling with a kid.

Last edited by revvenant : 19th March 2018 at 15:30. Reason: Incorrect distance mentioned
Old 19th March 2018, 22:44   #988
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From Hubli which route will be better (in terms of conditions, traffic and scenery) :
a) Dharwad-Londa-Anmod-Mollem-Agonda
b) Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Agonda
Google map shows a difference of about 22 kms (more in the second route).
Hope this is a day time drive, wouldn't suggest both routes if driving late evening or night with family, please don't.
Both routes are fine, maybe take route a) onwards and b) for return.
On route a) :
There is construction activity once you reach NH 66 near Ankola all the way thru Karwar and upto Goa border, but manageable.

Route b) has one unfinished flyover near Ponda, 2-3 railway crossings en route, again manageable.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 11:14   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hope this is a day time drive, wouldn't suggest both routes if driving late evening or night with family, please don't.
Both routes are fine, maybe take route a) onwards and b) for return.
On route a) :
There is construction activity once you reach NH 66 near Ankola all the way thru Karwar and upto Goa border, but manageable.

Route b) has one unfinished flyover near Ponda, 2-3 railway crossings en route, again manageable.
Thanks for your advice and suggestion, this helped me a lot.

I will indeed be doing this stretch (Hubli-Agonda) in morning, since I prefer not taking unknown ghat roads at night, especially with a baby on board. I plan to do the route via Karwar on the onward journey and the other one while coming back.
revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 00:03   #990

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post

Started from home around 12:30 am (midnight) and reached southgoa (cavelossim) by 1:30 pm.

Route map: https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/JN...15.1791179!3e0

Hyderabad - Kalaburagi (via Humnabad) - 4 line Road till Humnabad (except 1km rough road near state border). From humnabad to Kalaburagi - Road is good and speedbrakers near villages (extension work going on at one place) Took 3 hours from Home - Kalaburagi.

Kalaburagi - Vijayapura - Road is good - average as road widening going on between Jeevargi and Sindgi - Time 2:30 hours.

Vijayapura - Bagalkot crossroads - Road is ok/average as at someplaces road widening is going on. time 1.2 hours.

Bagalkot - Belgavi - Excellent road and took 2:10 hours. Stopped at Sankam residency hotel for breakfast.

Belgavi - Khanapur - Anmod - Mollem - Curchorem - Cavelossim - Roads are excellent. Journey time 4 hours. From khanapur, as suggested in the map, I took the anmond road which is in good condition, but single narrow road have to get down if any truck or bus nears. But the journey is too scenic as the road goes through 'Bhimgad wild life sanctuary'.
Planning to hit the road at around same time coming Wednesday. Last time I took the other route Hyd—>Mehboobnagar—>Raichur—>Bagalkot—>Belgaum—>Vag ator which is definitely not good for a night drive. The one that you have mentioned looks very doable during night. Anything that I should keep in mind/be careful about on that route? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks